Darkfall's release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkfall's release!

The most anticipated game of the century, which has been in development since forever, was finally released on FEBRUARY 25, 2009. Thousands upon thousands of pre-orders have been sold, and the servers went up for those who pre-ordered.

AVENTURINE, Inc. wanted to do a stress test on their servers. Boy they got what they wanted. ALL of their servers completely crashed: Billing, Forums, Game servers, even their website. They couldn't even sell the game it was so big. They didn't expect 30,000+ pre-orders to come online at the same time. AVENTURINE has announced that they will put the servers back online for play once everything is resolved. This time, even more people went online in bulk. It crashed again.

The servers are now stable, but it's reported that sales are still an issue. This start up is very much similar to what Blizzard went through with World of Warcraft. I was there, and it was exactly like this. IMO, AV is doing a better job keeping the play servers up and playable. The servers for Blizz when it first launched was completely unplayable for weeks, and they had billing problems too.

My heart goes out to this new game, I can't wait to buy it soon!!!!!!!!

For news updates:
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Originally posted by AVENTURINE, Inc
    March 9 7.30 GMT
    Tomorrow sales will open up at 4pm GMT instead of the usual 7PM. We've doubled the available copies and we'll be watching for any effect this has on the game with queue times etc. If we don't see any issues, we'll continue offering more copies all week.

Today we started permanently banning accounts involved in using 3d party programs to exploit. Don't be surprised if you've used these programs and your account is banned. We'll continue doing this every day while simultaneously attacking these issues at their source.

Thank you
    The Darkfall Team
    there's already a gold-farming website.
    http://dftreasures.com/ LOL.

Also, an IGN review of the released game has already been made:
    http://vault.ign.com/View.php?view=e....detail&id=225
    Last edited by Xog; 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM.

Trading the current names on Darkfall: priitk, subspace, duel, darkf4ll, xog. PM me

Comment

FUCKER

Btw guys, u can buy the game and start playing. They run out of copies fast, so do it early in the day!

I'll trade you "No one can kill me" for "Xog"

btw, i didn't know you owned 5 copies of the game, lucky. Only 1 character per account. And you can't have just a single name like "Xog"

You have a first and last name, like:

If you are going to play this wonderful game, it's best played in groups. When you get your account, post your character's name and alignment up here. I'm still unsure as to what race I'm gonna play.

You can download the torrent for the game here:
      http://darkfall-online.dk/
      and install it. You can't play without buying the game though, but it'll save you time.

You can buy it here:
      https://www.darkfallonline.com/accou...=Subscriptions

Last edited by Xog; 03-09-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

So, in a paragraph, since I've never heard of this game, please tell me why this is better than any other MMO out there.
        DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
          So, in a paragraph, since I've never heard of this game, please tell me why this is better than any other MMO out there.
          Why? It depends on what style you like. Some people like AoC more than WoW, some people like WoW more than Guild Wars, and personally I like Asheron's Call more than anything. Right now though, I think I'm going to like Darkfall more than anything. It depends on the style of gameplay you like.

Darkfall is a game where you create a character, kill a goblin, orc or whatever, get their armor, make friends, join a clan, control cities, waters, land, dungeons, etc. Fight against rival clans with yours, it's all-out PvP. Anyone can attack anyone, but there are penalties to your reputation if you attack someone of your race or favorite faction. If you die, you lose everything. But it's easy to get more items. Just kill an orc or goblin, it's full loot. You can loot anything they're wearing. There are no level grinds, but you can improve your skills. If you want to create a warrior, and decide that you want to be a mage, throw on a robe and start casting spells to get your skills up. Spells are much harder to cast if you're wearing plate armor, so it's just a simple armor switch up if you want to change classes. This eliminates the need for multiple characters. There's just so much more I can tell about this game. I can go on for pages and pages, but I don't think I want to lol.

There's a 4-page thread on the WoW forums I posted, http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

to make it easier, here's a quote:

For all of u saying "For a game worked on for 8 years, it should be waaaay better." it's much better than what the graphics show. The engine will most likely have an upgrade, and more will be added. It's not like a "oh lets release this and sit back to get $$"

Yeah, you may say the graphics aren't cutting edge, and that's mainly for the way the game is played. A lot goes on, most of you are saying the gameplay sucks when you think the only thing this game has is PvP.

This game contains every single aspect of gameplay most gamers want. Yeah, this game has a ton of PvP. Clans can build their own cities, create their own market, you can control the seas with ships, they can even have their own fleet. You can invade enemy ships, control and hijack them too. Then you can lose it all by enemy clans. Then get it all back. It's a constant war PvP-wise if you want it to be. It can also be a game that you play with a bunch of friends and do a %@%*load of quests and get the real lore behind it just like World of Warcraft.

There's so much more to this game than what I said, I just don't have the attention span of explaining it all to you guys. You should look it up yourself.

edit:
          To sum it up, it's mainly viewed as a PvP game because their development team actually put time and effort into the very good PvP ideas from other games that were suggested but never implemented. This game has it. That's why it's so famous for its PvP. It's not JUST a pvp game. You can't compare this game to WoW, it's apples and oranges.

You can't just sign on and start killing people. You need to build a rep, make friends, and join a clan. If you try playing by yourself without any friends you won't have much fun. It's like real life, no social life? you fail.
          Last edited by Xog; 03-09-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Iiiiinnnnteresting. I might look into it more then.
            DELETED

Comment

So they're selling this as a downloadable title on their own? How much they selling this for? I can't even see anywhere to buy it.
              DELETED

Comment

So they're selling this as a downloadable title on their own? How much they selling this for? I can't even see anywhere to buy it.
                It's currently out of stock so their shop is offline. More copies will be sold tomorrow most likely.

https://www.darkfallonline.com/accou...=Subscriptions
                (you can register your account name [free] and buy it from the SHOP link available after signing in)

I'm almost done downloading the game through torrent: im at 2.2 MB/s
                You can get the torrent here: http://darkfall-online.dk/
                It's 9GB

edit: its 42 euro for the game purchase, and 11 euro for monthly charge. You get a free month, so if you don't like it you can just cancel sub :] I guarantee you'll like it though

I'm trying to find all of my old AC buddies. We were awesome.
                Last edited by Xog; 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

they are talking of doubleing the preorders tomorrow and everyday after

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Z2H...layer_embedded
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Wow, you linked a video from a guy I actually know from Asheron's Call. His name's Dread Og, he plays on Darktide. He used to run around with us pwning ppl. He's such a nerd, but he's pretty good. I'm not sure if he acts with his "vlogs" but he needs some serious medication. I'm gonna go watch that video now lol

edit: lol @ faygit berry stew
                      Last edited by Xog; 03-10-2009, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Xog, on Asheron's Call, did you know anyone by the name of "Mofoeskimo"?
                        DELETED

Comment

Xog, on Asheron's Call, did you know anyone by the name of "Mofoeskimo"?
                          Mmm, if it was on the darktide (the only pure PvP/PK) server, I dont think I was ever in the same allegiance as him. The name sounds familiar, but just someone I would be fighting against in a group or chasing. It's been a couple years since I've played.

But Mofoeskimo definitely sounds like a name someone would make on the DT server lol.

Man, I miss those days of rollin into some other clan's territory and setting everyone on fire.. then looting them.. ahh.. I can't wait till tomorrow morning.

edit:

Here's a secret: Xog is the name of my first patron in Asheron's Call (before the allegiance name-system was even implemented). My name there was Na'gol, and Grael of Magic for Darktide.

So, if your friend Mofoeskimo knows of a Xog, it's probably my old patron (on the Harvestgain server). And he happened to live right here in Brooklyn, NY!

Wow.. thinking back on it, I was only 10 years old when I started playing that game. 10 years ago!
                          Last edited by Xog; 03-10-2009, 01:55 AM.

Comment

lol I think you two knew eachother. Cause that's how I first met you fucking like god knows how many years ago on that TWD squad you made. Hokuten Knights or something, lol. Some squad that had us make names like "[prefix] Dameon Angell"

Haha, anyways, yeah. AC. My friend Mofo was addicted to that. I was at his house one day and was wondering why he had a motherboard screwed to the wall, and it was lit up. He said it was his "macro". I was like "Wtf?" he had this dedicated macro computer for AC that ran 24/7, lol. Hung up on his wall haha.
                            DELETED

Comment

lol I think you two knew eachother. Cause that's how I first met you fucking like god knows how many years ago on that TWD squad you made. Hokuten Knights or something, lol. Some squad that had us make names like "[prefix] Dameon Angell"
                              yeah. "Og Mages" was the name I think. My first post on this forum was a recruitment thread for that squad. I sounded like such an idiot on page 2, I feel like backhanding myself. I went back and saw that post in the recent thread "Your first post" thread or something similar. We did wind up having around 20 members though, with the prefix. And the allegiance system worked out too, with vassels, patrons and a monarch.

herbalist> ?find Monarch Xog
                              Not online, last seen more than 10 days ago

Darius Winds owns the squadname now. Man I haven't seen him in forever!

Haha, anyways, yeah. AC. My friend Mofo was addicted to that. I was at his house one day and was wondering why he had a motherboard screwed to the wall, and it was lit up. He said it was his "macro". I was like "Wtf?" he had this dedicated macro computer for AC that ran 24/7, lol. Hung up on his wall haha.
                              LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I just had my macro set up while I was at school. I got caught one day and got banned for 1 day. LOL. Oh man. That was fun. the computer played my character for me. It was so awesome.

At the time it was a plugin for Decal called Castaway, but now that's outdated and the more recent one is called Life Tank XI or something. It's not bannable to have the macro set up if you're there watching it. If you leave it unattended though, you'll get banned. A moderator will actually teleport to you and talk to you to see if you're there. if not, bam. Lol.
                              Last edited by Xog; 03-10-2009, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X