Darkfall's release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
    Playing it for 2 hours isn't enough. They complained about a lot of stuff like having to stand still/unarmed to loot. While to a WoW player this might seem odd the Developers are going for realism. I'll be the first to admit the game has a long way to go but on the surface... graphics, user interface, combat... the reviewers got it wrong (which is 95% of the content of their review). It's a typical gamer who thinks WoW sets the tone for the MMO market and totally ignores the fact that this MMO caters to a niche market. I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer and PVP isn't my thing but I like the fact that the economy is player controlled (which they also took a shot at) and the big battles.

Hopefully naval battles are fun, once we get a shipyard constructed I wanna check that out. I haven't seen you around Xog on chat. We took a Hamlet and House Shivering's city (Dusk Alliance) on the southern part of of Ruby island.
    Yeah my bad, I've been quite busy with other stuff .. I'm getting my assistant manager to play this game too. He's a big gamer and he said he's gonna try and buy an account by tonight, we've been discussing it for a few years.

I'm downloading the update now.. hopefully I wasn't kicked from the guild for inactivity.. lol

Comment

Wish I had a computer capable of running this game. Oh well, maybe in a few months.
      (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

The shop is never open when I can access it, so I've just given up on the game until they make it easier to purchase.
        1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
        Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
        1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
        1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
        beam> stfu tsunami
        Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
        beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
        Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
          Wish I had a computer capable of running this game. Oh well, maybe in a few months.
          The game can only run on one core, so if you invest $150 on a decent video card and $50 on some ram you should be good to go.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Hey I wasn't sure if that was you or Kolar I was talking to the other night in game. Can you ask valor if I was accepted back into the clan yet? I'm not gonna be able to come back online for a couple more days . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
              negative... reivew... of MY video game??? WAR!!!! THIS MEANS WAWR!!!!!!
              For literally ten minutes all I heard was '--- declares war on Europgamer net'.

The greatest thing about this game for new players is if you can use a bow, you're useful. You might not do much damage but numbers count for a lot in this game. Unlike WoW if you join the game and your Clan has higher skills than you (or like WoW, higher level) then you can't do much with that guild unless they decide to help you level (fuck you Beatdown). No offense Vyk, it wasn't your fault but a guild of 70 somethings had no interest in helping a level 50 what so ever. And it's just not Beatdown, it was most clans/guilds.

If you play darkfall, you can still do EVERYTHING your clan does, however you have to play safer until you get higher skills/better armor.

Here's a fair review; this game is realisitc, fun, and has interesting aspects to it. WoW, AOC, and many other care bear games are a joke compared to Darkfall. The best part about it, is that it keeps getting better and better.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Stop making me want this game when I can't have it god damn it.

Come across any pirates yet? Raver and I were talking about it a while ago and we figured pretty much everyone at first was going to want to steal/kill/rape for loot/money. We had the idea of setting up a brothel full of bam__ ashlees and charis-like people. Give us loot, we give you cyber sex with your choice of fake girls.
                (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Come across any pirates yet? Raver and I were talking about it a while ago and we figured pretty much everyone at first was going to want to steal/kill/rape for loot/money. We had the idea of setting up a brothel full of bam__ ashlees and charis-like people. Give us loot, we give you cyber sex with your choice of fake girls.
                  That'd be quite costly considering you can only have 1 character for each account.

As for pirates, yes. There's been a few big boats goin around. There's a LOT of people on little rafts for the smaller clans. (these can be easily stolen hehe)

our clan ran into another clan Covert Ops that were on a raft just outside our old city about 6 weeks ago. A bunch of ppl stood up on a cliff shooting magic down at them. A bunch abandoned ship and others chased in pursuit. We wound up stealing their raft.

Comment

The more I hear about this game the more I want it. Anyone know if they are ever going to sell a disc in stores? Or are we going to have to deal with this key crap forever?

Comment

The North American release might be sold in select stores, but right now it's all online. The limited release is meant to control the growth of the game and allow the servers to adjust, it also makes people more interested in a game they can't even play. Good news if you join now, your character will transfer over during the NA release, giving you and your clan the advantage.

If XOG gets back in the guild he'll be pleasantly surprised that our alliance runs an entire friggin island, we're crushing our enemies left right and center. Our main city is on the coast, which could be troublesome if we get attacked by a boat. So on the other side of our island we've created a harbor, and as soon as our main city is built up we will start constructing a navy. This game is better than any other game I've ever played.

Last night we were raiding a city on mounts and there was literally a field full of guys rushing towards a city, we rolled in and rolled out like it was no fucking thing. What happens when you die? You lose your shit, this is common fucking sense. Unlike WoW the player economy and player crafted goods are what people need and want, creating a 'real' economy with weapons that all players can attain instead of weapons that take hours of dungeon crawling to find. Under the surface WoW has no depth, and hopefully people will slowly give up on the game.
                      Last edited by Cops; 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                        The North American release might be sold in select stores, but right now it's all online. The limited release is meant to control the growth of the game and allow the servers to adjust, it also makes people more interested in a game they can't even play. Good news if you join now, your character will transfer over during the NA release, giving you and your clan the advantage.

If XOG gets back in the guild he'll be pleasantly surprised that our alliance runs an entire friggin island, we're crushing our enemies left right and center. Our main city is on the coast, which could be troublesome if we get attacked by a boat. So on the other side of our island we've created a harbor, and as soon as our main city is built up we will start constructing a navy. This game is better than any other game I've ever played.

We used to run the island on the opposite side of the map - Cairn. Then we lost it because everyone on the server got pissed at us and bumrushed our city. It was fun logging in 2 weeks after that happened completely unaware of the events. Popped up in the middle of another guild.. I wasn't sure if they were allies or not.. eventually someone started attacking me.. funny part is that I killed them o_O.. then I realized it's not our town and ran away hahahaha

Comment

I'll draw you a map in paint of where we've moved, we've been hopping islands for nearly two weeks now.

Comment

Ships are extremely expensive right now. You need someone with 15,000 gold to buy the skills necessary to build it. You also need to buy or find a rare item which costs at minimum 45,000 gold. Someone in my clan was telling me The Rainbow Ninjas or something used a ship to destroy all the coastal cities on the Rubaiyat Island, that's where my alliance is based right now. I haven't seen any myself yet but there are smaller things like rafts which sell for 2k.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I'll shit my pants as soon as I see a boat, even rafts are impressive (they look like small yachts), so I can only imagine how awesome sailing a boat will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X