No announcement yet.

date rape, abortions, and DUI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ LOL @ Squeezer preaching about assigning connotations to words. He understands why I am laughing at him. Hell he even stole my line.

Anyways Para, I would have to say you're being judgmental and wrong if you actually believe a lot of what you are saying up above. Sure, if you go to Yale, Harvard, or Stanford type schools you are open to a lot more opportunity from a networking standpoint, but that does not necessitate a better education. Nor does that education necessarily translate any better to a real life job or scenario. I happen to know the accountant in Seattle with the largest clientele base in the city, who makes 6 almost 7 figures now. His brother went to high school with me. He graduated from Western Washington University with a degree in English (hey squeeze...hint hint?).

Here's a piece of advice that I got from the Dean of my college day 1: Get rid of your preconceptions right now. What will happen to you and happens to most people is that they walk into an educational situation with a bunch of preconceived notions. When you have these you close yourself off to the entirety of learning. As soon as someone begins to fully believe that they are right, that is when they stop learning. If you aren't open, you will learn what you want to learn and meet the people that you want to meet, and walk away from college with a narrow mind and a narrow worldview (perfect for politics).

Disclaimer: This likely sounds judgmental, but was not intended to. I was in a poor mood.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

so i purchased an electronic cigarette and it's awesome, i can smell and taste and breathe and... get my nicotine fix. instead of having to choose between my sanity and my health, i am now able to enjoy both. couple that with the factoid that my girlfriend just got this awesome birth control shot which will make her babyless forever (and hey it just might make her tits bigger, who can complain) and i'm pretty sure that this... is the future.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
        ^^^ LOL @ Squeezer preaching about assigning connotations to words. He understands why I am laughing at him. Hell he even stole my line.

Anyways Para, I would have to say you're being judgmental and wrong if you actually believe a lot of what you are saying up above. Sure, if you go to Yale, Harvard, or Stanford type schools you are open to a lot more opportunity from a networking standpoint, but that does not necessitate a better education. Nor does that education necessarily translate any better to a real life job or scenario. I happen to know the accountant in Seattle with the largest clientele base in the city, who makes 6 almost 7 figures now. His brother went to high school with me. He graduated from Western Washington University with a degree in English (hey squeeze...hint hint?).

Here's a piece of advice that I got from the Dean of my college day 1: Get rid of your preconceptions right now. What will happen to you and happens to most people is that they walk into an educational situation with a bunch of preconceived notions. When you have these you close yourself off to the entirety of learning. As soon as someone begins to fully believe that they are right, that is when they stop learning. If you aren't open, you will learn what you want to learn and meet the people that you want to meet, and walk away from college with a narrow mind and a narrow worldview (perfect for politics).

Disclaimer: This likely sounds judgmental, but was not intended to. I was in a poor mood.

I guess I will never see the judging factor in my post, I mean can't we all assume if you get addicted to dip you will MOST LIKELY have bad breath? Am I making too big a leap in assumptions here? And I in no way shape or form brought up where I go to school. Squeezer asks, and I responded. DTF asked, and I responded. I don't see where I am being stuck-up or narrow minded. Squeezer wanted to know my college details, and I enlightened him a bit. If he the guy wants to talk shit about where I got accepted and where I go, Im going to put up some facts in my defense.

What's funny is that when he loses and argument, he just finds anything that changes the subject. He tries to critique the difficulty of getting into one of my schools (OSU), not expecting that I will remind him of the one that accepts around 9 out of 100 kids and another that accepts 15 out of 100. He opened this line of argument, he is either mentally retarded, or running out of things to say.

to squeezer: asu, real legit, afk.
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
        X