No announcement yet.

Disney and Marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troll King is right, they're not going to fuck with the cash cow that much.

Originally posted by Squeezer
    Someone on Fark yesterday suggested that this was a ploy by Disney to get at Universal Studios in Orlando. They have a lot of Marvel licenses at Islands of Adventure, Disneyworld's main competitor, that they will now be unable to renew. Plus Disney's always had trouble appealing to teenage males, so we'll see how this goes.
    I'm at a Disney resort right now, and they closed almost all the clubs and bars in Downtown Disney. The parks have one to two 'good' rides, the rest are lack luster. It's weird, even though the parks don't appeal to males they still pull in huge fucking crowds of newly weds, couples, old people, kids, etc. I know Disney has its niche but simply adding one thrilling ride to each park does not entice me to purchase park tickets.

Disney is also going to get tripple fucked once Harry Potter land opens, there's already a market for people who have a time share in Disney but want to solely use Universal's parks. I believe Mears and Lynx offer buses from Disney property to Universal, a service that seems to be expanding year by year. Disney isn't hurting, but they need to make better fucking parks, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Cops; 09-01-2009, 11:49 PM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
      Troll King is right, they're not going to fuck with the cash cow that much.

I'm at a Disney resort right now, and they closed almost all the clubs and bars in Downtown Disney. The parks have one to two 'good' rides, the rest are lack luster. It's weird, even though the parks don't appeal to males they still pull in huge fucking crowds of newly weds, couples, old people, kids, etc. I know Disney has its niche but simply adding one thrilling ride to each park does not entice me to purchase park tickets.

Disney is also going to get tripple fucked once Harry Potter land opens, there's already a market for people who have a time share in Disney but want to solely use Universal's parks. I believe Mears and Lynx offer buses from Disney property to Universal, a service that seems to be expanding year by year. Disney isn't hurting, but they need to make better fucking parks, that's for sure.
      There's a harry potter land? ROFL
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY... View Post

I heard Mouserine are coming out next year

I prefer Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
          You aren't a man-boy, you're a child.
          well and tonight at 8 jim, we've got Fireside Chats with Paradise, and he's got a pretty earthly guest if you know what i mean.

special thanks to:

barney frank (d-mass)
          4:BigKing> xD
          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
          4:BigKing> what did i do???
          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
          4:BigKing> ???? why though
          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Troll King has raised some good points that I never really thought about. I now see their business approach as to why they're doing this - and I had no idea they controlled those other companies. Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
              Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
              am I reading this wrong
              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
              4:BigKing> what did i do???
              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
              4:BigKing> ???? why though
              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
                There's a harry potter land? ROFL
                http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

If you've read the books from an early age and moderately enjoy the movies you'd be excited too.
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

seriously jake gyllenhaal Prince of Persia
                  sigpic
                  All good things must come to an end.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

It's simple. Disney needed Marvel, their sales were going down, and yeah this news has been blown way out of proportion. Marvel is getting shitloads out of this deal, more money will come their way through disney in this way as they obtain a larger audience. It's really a win-win for both companies, and I'm pretty sure they both realise that if they tampered with the face of Marvel, it's corporate branding and identity, they will suicide themselves into huge losses.

Besides, think of this as a creative opportunity, new things, they will take the opportunity to make very impacting decisions and take things to a new direction. We may even see disney comics or something. It's all good guys, it's all good.
                      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                      1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                      1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

next up for disney is to cast this guy to play captain america
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X