Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you drink with Thanksgiving Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombay Sapphire is good for a mid-level top shelf. It's overpriced but it's still nice. I like Magellan or Tanqueray 10 for top level shit. But if I'm just passing time with my gin, or mixing it with tonic, Beefeater is fine.

Comment

I found my batch of Christmas Beers to bring to dinner this year.

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/beers...asp?BeerID=313

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/beers...asp?BeerID=151

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/beers....asp?BeerID=64

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/beers...asp?BeerID=316

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/beers...asp?BeerID=196

-----

Look for a retailer near you, Shelton Brothers imports some of the very very best beers from Europe and around the US. Also the christmas box 4 pack is a pretty good sampler as a small gift for someone.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Beer is way better than whine. That's the main thing.
        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
          Bombay Sapphire is good for a mid-level top shelf. It's overpriced but it's still nice. I like Magellan or Tanqueray 10 for top level shit. But if I'm just passing time with my gin, or mixing it with tonic, Beefeater is fine.
          I agree, but not every place has it. Even shitty bars have bombay sapphire though, assuming they know how to make a gin martini, which I would think every bartender starts with that
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Beefeater is my nemesis.
            While I'm sippin herbal teas verbal bees plant fertile seeds
            Bitches leave with broke backs, swollen palms and purple knees

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
              I think the point of it all is... if you are a college kid wanting to play beer pong, you buy a 30 rack of miller or something

if you are going to the bar and still wanting to drink beer, but have it taste good, you buy a microbrewery and/or imported beer...

if you want a real drink at a class bar, you go with nothing other than gin martini

anyway, if you wanna be a snob, be a real one, beer snobs are half assed
              I was actually baiting Zerzera to reply.

I consider myself a beer snob, as I usually only drink a beer with dinner or whatever meal, be it late night at a club or possibly a business lunch...although the watching of a game on TV with friends leads to Beer and Tequila. I usually only have 1 beer with whatever I am eating. If at a pub or seeing a band play like last night, I usually drink a Beamish or Guiness...or an IPA. Had Loose Cannon last night....damn good & somewhat close to a true IPA. I am 100% with you on the party scene and the example of playing beer pong...we would usually drink Yeungling Lager if a drinking game was in play.
              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

early 2000s aged chardonnay is where it's at guys
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Awesome. Just realized my cookies didn't clear this account. Someone delete this post.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                    chardonnay
                    Try not to be such a pussy.

Comment

• my family (for the last time, i demanded) goes to thanksgiving dinner with these family friends that dont drink or watch football

i dipped out early and threw back some celebration ales with mom and dad

we need a "now drinking" thread
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                        Try not to be such a pussy.
                        love you too

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                        my family (for the last time, i demanded) goes to thanksgiving dinner with these family friends that dont drink or watch football

i dipped out early and threw back some celebration ales with mom and dad

we need a "now drinking" thread
                        haha i was in exactly that peculiar situation. The whole shindig consisted of: shitty chardonnays, debates on NPR-based debates, and state politics.
                        Last edited by paradise!; 12-03-2009, 09:55 PM.
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          and its pretty fucking stupid and ignorant to deny the fact that beer can be as diverse as wine can.
                          Same could be said about ditch water.

I would say that the bitching about whine is just as stupid. And Sommelier is a really gay profession. Doesn't that hurt your reputation?
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
                            Same could be said about ditch water.

I would say that the bitching about whine is just as stupid. And Sommelier is a really gay profession. Doesn't that hurt your reputation?
                            is this all you do? complain nonfucking stop? get a life
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrus View Post
                              Did you drink the Kwak beer out of the original glass? Those glasses are damn hard to find, even here in belgium!

Anyways, this is what i had last weekend (you know thanksgiving isn't a tradition over here in europe) PS: don't buy that gin it's pretty crap in my opinion.

That is so cool! We were at a bistro in downtown Chicago, and they had the Kwak on tap, with that crazy glass. Funny thing, an off duty cop at the bar showed us how to use the glass and the holder. We couldn't figure it out. :P
                              That's when my taxes matter IMHO
                              Originally posted by Dr. Snyder
                              I think pure pubs started the problem but regardless it looks like the LTers have died out so why doesn't anyone come up with an idea soley based on bring the newbs to this game. Fuck the vets this zone is dying cause people who have been playing to long can't stand change. Because this zone is some teri shivo shit right now and I gots no problem with knifing babies but leave the bitch alone.

Comment

• Trolls and Psychedelic designs appeal to the average beer drinker, go figure. Maybe it's just me but half the beers I've seen here look fucking ghetto, and I'm pretty sure I've drank a few in my earlier teenage years when I wanted to change it up and get drunk for the same price as drinking Malt Liquor. No offense to anyone, but some of these beers look like the run of the mill broke ass student beers that you'd find in a bin that says 'Final Sale'.

P.S - Lawn Chippings, really? I mean, really?
                                Last edited by Cops; 12-08-2009, 09:51 AM.
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X