No announcement yet.

2010 Detroit Auto Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you can go cheaper than volvo, most Asian brands are cheap.

Personally I just really like volvo's personally. The c30 does look nice, but it is kinda really tiny. I have kinda been looking at the v50 or the s40, though I don't like the new s40 as much as the previous version. Though I would prefer the c70, but that is kinda expensive.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Oddly enough, the Volvo C30 looks small, but you can be 84" or 213.36cm in height and have leg room.

I just can't wait to dump the Honda Pilot I have leased. I am looking at a smaller car obviously for a few reasons, save money on gas as well as save money on tires. I am so tired of buying new tires just before the end of my lease. Friggin Honda always gives you a cheap set of Goodyear that last maybe 15,000 miles.

The VW Passat though is looking damn good to me....would be happy with a loaded Jetta as well. But I actually like the smallness of the C30, so I wouldn't have to drive everyone like I do now in my family. I miss having a 2 seater as a daily driver
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I wonder if it comes with a complimentary extension cord.

By the way, how does plugging your car into a wall and using electricity make the car better for the environment over gasoline? It is just forcing the coal/gas/nuclear power plants to use more coal/gas or create more nuclear byproducts because everyone will just be using more electricity.

They want you to unplug your cell phone charger from the wall when you aren't charging your cell phone but they think people are gonna wake up in the middle of the night to unplug their shitty tyco RC car when its battery is full? Seriously how fucking gay would it be to go on a road trip in a volt, you stop at a gas station and what, ask for a wall socket to plug your car into? People are fucking retarded, I can't wait till someone short circuits one of these pieces of shit because it isn't plugged into a surge protector during a lightning storm, or someone drives off with the car still plugged in and breaks the piece of shit that it is.

Only thing gayer than one of these pieces of shit is a smart car.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
          Oddly enough, the Volvo C30 looks small, but you can be 84" or 213.36cm in height and have leg room.

I just can't wait to dump the Honda Pilot I have leased. I am looking at a smaller car obviously for a few reasons, save money on gas as well as save money on tires. I am so tired of buying new tires just before the end of my lease. Friggin Honda always gives you a cheap set of Goodyear that last maybe 15,000 miles.

The VW Passat though is looking damn good to me....would be happy with a loaded Jetta as well. But I actually like the smallness of the C30, so I wouldn't have to drive everyone like I do now in my family. I miss having a 2 seater as a daily driver
          Ow, I know there's plenty of room in the front, that is not the problem. I just look at trunk space, for instance I play golf and I like being able to put my bag in there without having to take the woods out because it won't fit otherwise. I like being able to buy stuff and be able to just put it in my car and not having to rent a van. When I opened the trunk of the c30 I was surprised at how small it actually was, while when I first opened the trunk of my s80, I was surprised at how much bigger it was then I thought.

I do like the c30 though and I have been thinking about perhaps getting one, but I am kind of like the opposite in that I like driving and I don't mind driving everyone. When I do stuff with friends I usually drive.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Driving a Volvo doesn't constitute driving at all.. You dont "drive" the sitting room sofa either :P

But in all seriousness, I for one hate drab cars, the Passat is about as sterile and typically boring German as is possible to get, and all Volvos fall into that category too.

Misery can be maximied in many different ways, driving something as personable as a sack of potatoes and as dynamic as a bucket of dirt just doesn't cut it for me.
            Displaced> I get pussy every day
            Displaced> I'm rich
            Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
            Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
            Thors> prolly
            Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Well, you drove (or still do) a golf... so really that kinda rules you out of any equation.

Comment

Drove, but it wasnt a base golf, with about 200 bhp it atleast shifted a little.
                Plus the GTi line of golFs have decent handling.
                Displaced> I get pussy every day
                Displaced> I'm rich
                Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                Thors> prolly
                Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                  Driving a Volvo doesn't constitute driving at all.. You dont "drive" the sitting room sofa either :P

But in all seriousness, I for one hate drab cars, the Passat is about as sterile and typically boring German as is possible to get, and all Volvos fall into that category too.

Misery can be maximied in many different ways, driving something as personable as a sack of potatoes and as dynamic as a bucket of dirt just doesn't cut it for me.
                  That's why I have 2 Porsches, a 356SC & a 930 I just am looking for a small car that I can park easily in the city. Driving a Honda Pilot and finding parking downtown is a bitch.

Personally, I think that the Volvo C30 is a nice departure from the boring drab design of past Volvo's. That is what initially caught my attention. Reminds me of the old MG MGB GT when looking at the back of the car.

The bottom line is what deal I can get on a 3 year lease & VW is making it difficult to ignore them with a no money down 3 year lease on a loaded Passat bumper to bumper warranty for the duration with free inspections, oil changes and tires! Drab is one thing, but you are making note of this to someone that drove a Honda Element prior to the Pilot. Actually loved the Element, but the gas mileage and small tank make it a pain in the ass.

Comment

It's still a golf disp, whether you put fancy letters behind it or not!

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

I wonder if it comes with a complimentary extension cord.

By the way, how does plugging your car into a wall and using electricity make the car better for the environment over gasoline? It is just forcing the coal/gas/nuclear power plants to use more coal/gas or create more nuclear byproducts because everyone will just be using more electricity.

They want you to unplug your cell phone charger from the wall when you aren't charging your cell phone but they think people are gonna wake up in the middle of the night to unplug their shitty tyco RC car when its battery is full? Seriously how fucking gay would it be to go on a road trip in a volt, you stop at a gas station and what, ask for a wall socket to plug your car into? People are fucking retarded, I can't wait till someone short circuits one of these pieces of shit because it isn't plugged into a surge protector during a lightning storm, or someone drives off with the car still plugged in and breaks the piece of shit that it is.

Only thing gayer than one of these pieces of shit is a smart car.
                      Supposedly, electric cars are better because it's more efficient for a power plant to generate mass amounts of electricity than for individual cars to have their own gasoline engines. Economies of scale. Also it's pretty hard to turn off most power plants (you can't shut off a nuclear reactor for instance) so they run them 24/7. At night electricity usage is low, and that power is completely wasted anyway, so if it were recharging cars that would be good.

I don't think people expect these cars to be driven on long trips anyway... most people drive only in their own communities and rarely further away, so having one car for local trips that is vastly more efficient is a good thing.

That said, the best thing is to live in a walkable community where you can get your basic necessities by walking and taking public transit. In NYC for instance, 50% of people take transit.
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Wark, it runs on gasoline as well I believe. You can plug it in and on a full charge it can go far, but after that I assume the gas burning function takes over.

And yeah, would rather kill myself than drive a smart car. That thing would get WRECKED in any kind of accident over 20 mph.

Edit: on a full charge it can go 40 miles.
                        Last edited by paradise!; 01-15-2010, 02:35 PM.
                        4:BigKing> xD
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

I'm just sick of this bullshit with the Volt. So much hype for SOOOO many years. And the shit maxes out at 40 miles on pure electricity. What the fuck is that? I, like most americans, was being fed the idea that this thing really didn't even need gas. I see why GM was having the problems they did. Selling gas guzzling SUVs, while toyota's dynamic thinking most evidently displayed in their Prius.

I'd heard shit about the volt since 2005. 5 Years of hyping, and the fucker does 40 miles.
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

We're just not ready for electric cars yet, both in terms of the technology behind the cars and in the infrastructure around us. It's going to be a long "early adopter" phase before they can become mainstream. Wark's criticisms are right on, but we have to keep in mind we're still very much in the early stages of the technology. It's far too early to say the whole concept is useless. Like all technology, there are going to be growing pains.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                              And yeah, would rather kill myself than drive a smart car. That thing would get WRECKED in any kind of accident over 20 mph.
                              Smart Car has an entire Carbon Fiber Frame & it is stronger and safer than probably 90% of the cars on the road. Not that I would own or purchase a smart car, but I only wish all the frames on the cars today could be made from CF.

Take a 40Lb Sledge hammer to a steel frame and then do the same to a CF frame. CF will not even dent. Only prob with CF is the high costs. If the Smart Car was made of standard steel used on a frame, it would probably drop the cost of that car to under $8,000.00 new.

Comment

Did Tesla Motors have anything at the Detroit show? I am curious...and lazy that I have not looked for myself, if they have anything to show besides the Roadster.

Comment

Working...
                                X