Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
    I Love car shopping and test driving
    What is with you 404? You give the impression of some old deadhead who has traded in his bongo drums for a lifestyle of ultra-materialism.
    Not judging, just curious.
    sigpic

Comment

Never played the bongo's hated the drum circle people at Dead shows. ultra-materialism?? Nah...just have a lease on a company car that expires come March and I am in the market to get a new car/lease. What better way to check the cars out that are available but at the car show.

I have done my many years following the Grateful Dead. I never wore the uniform (Tie Dye) and I never was one of those assholes standing by the freeway offramp to a venue holding a finger up looking for an extra ticket. I sold concert shirts when I followed the band and it was ALL ABOUT THE MONEY back then. 1984 average profit from selling shirts was $1,200.00 a day.

Most old deadheads or hippies traded in their hippie lifestyle for the yuppie lifestyle decades ago.

Still paly guitar, still making guitars, still loving the music, but honestly I never embraced the hippies and the lifestyle. In fact I would tell most of them to take a shower and get a job.

I rebuild old Porsches as a hobby and have always been into cars and working on them...old ones that is prior to 1985 and preferably before 1970.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Besides, wanting to have things doesn't make you materialistic, it only becomes that if you derive your level of happiness and/or status from having or not having things.

I would love to have the Aston Martin DB9, but it doesn't make me any more or less happy if I do or do not have it. It would just be fun. That 404 likes shopping for cars doesn't make him materialistic, if his feeling of self-worth and happiness were to be directly tied in with the car that he owned, that would. But that is hardly the case.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Most old deadheads or hippies traded in their hippie lifestyle for the yuppie lifestyle decades ago
          Exactly. In my opinion the hippy movement was nothing more than a generation of spoilt baby-boomers who didnt want to grow up and take responsibility. Sure there were/are some hardcore hippies who actually believe in the ideals, but for the most part they were just tag-alongs whos core motives were based on having maximum enjoyment with minimum responsibiity.

I rebuild old Porsches as a hobby and have always been into cars and working on them...old ones that is prior to 1985 and preferably before 1970.
          Sweet. My stepdad rebuilds old cars. Mostly 50-60's mercedes and old Harleys/Indians.
          sigpic

Comment

Was down at the Auto Show yesterday afternoon (02/03) and to be honest, I thought it was a dismal show. Can Chevy parade any more Camaro's on the space they are allocated on the floor? Was ridiculous to see 12 Camaro's and pretty much just literature for most of the other lines of auto's they have. They did have the new Stingray concept car, which I admit was real nice, but I will never be able to afford one and plus...I have no place I could actually drive one in my congested area.

I really liked the re-design (2011) Volvo C30. Only prob is the back seat is useless. I unfortunately need the leg room and space as I drive my folks as well as family to and from places. This is a 2 door 4 seater, but has no room to put anyone in the back. Reminds me of the back seat in a 911, 912 & 356. Useless.

Noting I have a lease up in March, only 2 cars really grabbed me. I most likely will go back to driving a loaded version of the Honda Element. Loved that car and was pissed I didn't buy it out from my 1st lease experience with this car...but they have improved the gas mileage considerably compared to when I had my 1st Element.

2nd car that I really liked...oddly enough and a shocker even to me was the Suzuki Kizashi. AWD 4 door car that is loaded at a price that was better than most in the show that had no frills. Tons of leg room in the back even when I had the front seats fully back. That alon shocked me, as the Jetta seems to have eliminated most of the leg room they once had. Didn't like the new VW Jetta. I actually liked the Suzuki over the Audi A4 for comfort, price and over all standard for Suzuki but for everyone else, the add on items.

Gotta test drive the Suzuki, but with a 100,000 mile/5 year warranty, this is a great car to lease. Now to test drive it.

Am completely amazed I that liked the Suzuki.

Comment

I really liked the re-design (2011) Volvo C30. Only prob is the back seat is useless. I unfortunately need the leg room and space as I drive my folks as well as family to and from places. This is a 2 door 4 seater, but has no room to put anyone in the back. Reminds me of the back seat in a 911, 912 & 356. Useless.
              Wasn't that the exact reason you wanted one? So you wouldn't have to drive everyone around any more?
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Primarily it was, but in review of my situation for work and family it will not serve me well. Not that I need to drive 7 passengers, but fitting anyone over the height of 3' in the back would be impossible, let alone put more than two bags of groceries in this.

I already have two 2 seater sports cars that will eat and spit the Volvo out and in noting this will be a lease through my work, the feasibility of leasing the Volvo C30 are slim to nil, especially since I am driving to the club in the evenings and sometimes am in need to pick up and bring down a monitor or two from the audio place next to my business.

I would love a two seater "new" car, but it looks like I will need the extra space & just not space to cart an entire family in one car.

Comment

*plane crashes into thread*

Comment

Xog is a fag. He drives a smart car.
                    - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

Two ways to read this:

since I am driving to the club in the evenings and sometimes am in need to pick up
                      since I am driving to the club in the evenings and sometimes am in need to pick up and bring down a monitor or two
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                        Two ways to read this:

LOL...guess it could be taken in two ways. Honestly though, just the other week I had to bring down two monitors to replace the blown monitors they had been renting. Could never have done that in a C30. In the Honda Pilot...not a prob. In a Honda Element it would also be no prob. Plus side of the Element is that you can remove the back seats and technically it is a two seater

Comment

Well 404, didn't I tell you from the start that C30 is really tiny?

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                            Well 404, didn't I tell you from the start that C30 is really tiny?
                            It is small, but actually very very spacious in the front seats. I was only hoping that at least one passenger could fit in the back seat that was not an infant.

Comment

It's the same with the c70 really, there is a back seat but almost no legroom left if the guy/girl in the front seat is somewhat tall. I still love that car though, and the trunk is bigger than the c30.

Comment

I don't understand how people drive cars.. Don't you have legs and shit that you like to be able to stretch out on long trips? I mean like most of you know.. I drive a Ford F-150 Quad Cab XLT and I honestly couldn't imagine driving anything smaller than that and being comfortable. Even some of the roomier cars I have to slink down in my seat so my head isn't rubbing against the roof.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X