FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For" - An E-Mail from our Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For" - An E-Mail from our Chairman

I am extremely pleased and proud to announce that for the sixth year in a row, Bingham has been named by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America. Once again, this recognition puts us in the top tier of not only law firms, but of all leading companies in the United States. Only five other law firms are on the FORTUNE list, and Bingham was ranked the highest among them. Even more impressive is that we were ranked No. 12 on the list of the top 100 companies, jumping 18 slots from our No. 30 ranking last year.

According to FORTUNE, one reason we were ranked highly is that "Diversity has a high priority at this corporate law firm." We are very proud of our continued commitment to all of the elements that make us a "great place to work," especially with the challenges of the prevailing economy.

To be named to this impressive list six years in a row is a major accomplishment. I am very grateful to the more than 300 lawyers and staff who took the time to respond to the FORTUNE survey, and want to especially thank the submission team of Michelle O'Driscoll, Patricia Medeiros, Lynn Carroll and Hank Shafran, as well as the HR managers in offices throughout the firm, and countless others who contributed information in response to FORTUNE's comprehensive and rigorous nomination process.
    Not only does this designation recognize our continued success, it also reminds us of the importance of the core values that make our firm strong: respect for one another through collaboration and teamwork, passion for excellence in our work, and commitment to our firm, our clients, our profession and our community.

Congratulations to everyone! The reason that Bingham continually remains a great place to work is because each and every one of you help make us the firm that we are, and FORTUNE has recognized that for the past six years. Lynn Carroll will be sending an e-mail soon announcing a firmwide celebration in early February.

I sincerely thank you for your continued contributions to our success.
    Jay

To read more about Bingham's FORTUNE recognition, read the attached press release, which will be posted to Bingham.com and Bing.
    (http://www.bingham.com/Media.aspx?MediaID=10220)

Woot

I'm sure "Jay" will be more than delighted to see you pasting his internal email on a public forum!
    "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

we don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
        According to FORTUNE, one reason we were ranked highly is that "Diversity has a high priority at this corporate law firm."
        so they do affirmative action for homosexuals now?
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
          so they do affirmative action for homosexuals now?

Loooool this.
          - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

I like that they put great place to work between " ".
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              I like that they put great place to work between " ".
              They were quoting the article, not trying to be cute or whatever you think.

Comment

im about to get xog fired, consider this thread linked and emailed.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                  They were quoting the article, not trying to be cute or whatever you think.
                  I know what they were doing, it still looked funny.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Hey look at me! I have a good job!
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                      Hey look at me! I have a good job!
                      o kewl where do u work?

Comment

Any place you can work where you can drug your co-workers at the Christmas party has to be THE place to work.

http://www.boston.com/business/ticke...rm_sued_o.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blocks View Post
                          o kewl where do u work?
                          FYI
                          He works in the health care industry that helps others. As opposed to working in the legal industry that screws over others.

Comment

sounds like

can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                              Any place you can work where you can drug your co-workers at the Christmas party has to be THE place to work.

http://www.boston.com/business/ticke...rm_sued_o.html
                              lol Moor. :\

Moor also said she was told a co-worker was drugged and raped by a Bingham employee the previous year.
                              loooooool @ baseless claims

The associate who filed the complaint, Michelle Moor, also alleged that a Bingham employee said that he enjoyed giving women date-rape drugs and having sex with them,
                              this is all you need to say to get someone fired that you don't like. she's a real bitch.

but Bingham failed to fully investigate the allegations.
                              because:
                              the state commission dismissed her complaint in April
                              loooool @ patheticness.

She is seeking $155,000 in lost wages plus an unspecified amount for emotional distress and other damages.
                              she's probably got cash out the wazzoo, and just went through this whole ordeal to ruin someone's carreer. Now that she got him fired, she's trying to see if she can get her money back.

The state commission noted that Moor wasn't sure who drugged her, whether it was a Bingham employee, or whether the drugging was sexual in nature. It also cited Bingham's decision to fire the employee who made the remark about date rape drugs.
                              Also,
                              In addition, the commission wrote that it did not find sufficient evidence to show that Moor's "working conditions were so intolerable that she would have felt compelled to resigned."
                              baseless claims result in things like this

Not all lawyers are this cruel though :P A lot of them are really nice!
                              Last edited by Xog; 01-22-2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X