rating systems: why 1/2 a star arrghhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rating systems: why 1/2 a star arrghhhh

i'm entering some amateur photography challenges as i kinda thought well maybe i'll have some fun or better yet learn something and if not i can give up as it's free and you don't stand to win anything.

so anyhow everyone can vote for each other and the entries are then given a placing accordingly

what annoys me is it's a "5 star rating system" but you can give 1/2 a star ...

WTF WTF WTF

whats the point of that ... just make it out of 10 then
    wtf is wrong with integers

Code:
    all their possible votes (0 not allowed)
    0.5 | 1.0 | 1.5 | 2.0 | 2.5 | 3.0 | 3.5 | 4.0 | 4.5 | 5.0
     1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  | 10
    a to 10 integer system
    you could easily replace their star thing with a sliding scale the same size with a coloured bar that changes colour gradient with the increase mark so it's even easier to gauge what mark out of 10 you are giving the person so i don't get WHY ppl like a 1/2 star voting system

i think the site even goes "dont forget you can give 1/2 stars" ARRGHHHHHHh

i've a vague memory of this annoying me somewhere else

so f u popular culture with your 1/2 star stepped rating systems, i think it's stupid
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

i've never thought about that but i have to agree with you
    lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

but ours go to eleven

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

you'll always be a complete star in my heart, darling

remember that movie
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

i wouldnt want to count out ten stars to see if it was 8, 9 or 10, so it would seem logical to have 0.5 - 5.0 instead of counting 10 stars

if something is rated 3.5 stars, the equivilent would be 7 stars in the 1-10 scale. much easier to count three and a half

Comment

head asplode?

Comment

Working...
            X