Ghosts and all things Paranormal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosts and all things Paranormal

With so many Ghost hunter organizations out there some really interesting evidence is collected when it comes to houses or establishments that supposedly have ghosts haunting their floors. There's quite a bit of tom foolery out there on youtube with people using fishing line to make some interesting videos where things are being moved and claiming poltergeist activity that just want you to believe but makes it harder for anyone to validify such existence. The heebeegeebee feeling is synonymously associated amongst certain circles to be a reaction of one being around such beings. Alot of people also claim that babies and children are able to tap into this realm of unknown and are more apt to see such entities because they are often most pure and less prone to an old persons mentality of I don't believe it unless I see it. I just wanted to share a few of my own personal experiences that left me believing there's more to what meets the eye, whether you believe or do not believe in the paranormal and ghosts that is entirely up to you

Drummond Hill House

I had a friend living near a place where the battle of 1812 took place in Niagara Falls. There's quite a bit of old time war houses that ridden all over the city. We used to go into the basement of his house which had one of those folding doors that you push on the one side and it slides on a track and comes together. We would smoke joints in the bathroom of the house to keep it contained to one room and there was a window we could crack so the smoke would go out ( kids in house ). We would do this in the winter cuz smoking outside is too damn cold. He kept asking me why I would leave the lights on and the door open when we were done claiming that every morning he would go to work and that shit would be still on. I started making a point of telling his stoned stupid ass, hey I'm turning out the light and watch this door as its being shut. Again he still said that each morning it was still happening. Odd we both thought, and joked that his kids are sleep walking to the bathroom. One day we were all hanging out upstairs watching a movie, kids were in bed and I had to go to the bathroom, rather then going upstairs I went downstairs. I closed the sliding door leading from the kitchen to the basement because they had a cocker that would follow me everywhere and the last thing I wanted was a dog looking up at me while I was hanging a leak. I half had the door closed to the bathroom and doing my business when I heard what sounded like someone running down the stairs... I thought ohh great the dog opened the door and is now going to come in and watch me piss. Then I heard what sounded like someone walking past the bathroom door and it honestly sounded like corduroy pants going swish swish swish. I laughed out loud and asked my buddy if he honestly thought he was going to scare me and expected him to be around the corner hiding in another room waiting to jump out at me and say " boo " I finished up my biz, washed up, started walking around the corner to where I heard the walking go to saying, " hey what are you doing in .... " nobody was there. At that point the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I got a feeling something was in the room with me. I've watched enough shows to know that if you want evidence of something such as a ghost the best thing to do is to ask for something to happen so I did. I said " I know something is down here, I heard you come down here, show me a sign your here " Sure enough as I asked this right after I felt a gust of wind go past me. I'm not talking about a small draft here but as if someone was using a fan to blow right in your face. At that point I was miffed and decided to check the window for a draft just to appease my own curiosity and to much surprise there was none... I ran up the stairs and opened the door that was still closed and shared my story. They moved not long after due to some other circumstances they had shared but without me being a witness to them I don't feel it appropriate to share.

Recluse Uncle

I once had an uncle I never really knew myself, I would see him as a kid at my grandparents on sundays when we would go visit and the extent of our conversation was hey how ya doing and that was about it. He never married, never had a girlfriend, never came to our house to visit. We helped him move when I was around 20 and a week after this he called to see if I could help him with his internet connection that wouldn't work. I tried over the phone and decided it might be faster if I went over and fixed it for him. I went over fixed it and we drank some Jägermeister, a bottle my grandfather never got to finish. We both drank in his honor and discussed a wide variety of things including life after death with which he told me my grandpa when he died wouldn't leave him alone and visited him in his car on the way home from the hospital when he died. At the end of the conversation we decided to let the other know when we died that there is life beyond. One week I had two instances of something happen where I was laying down in bed trying to fall asleep and had the feeling of someone slapping me in the middle of my back open palmed, just once distinct slap, I just ignored it and pulled the covers over my head a little bit more as a safety. The next day I was woken up by a snapping sound, when I sat up and was looking around wondering whether an electronic decided to break on me I had someone blow in my face. A few more days went by and I was awoken up by a police officer asking me where my mother was and was told that this same uncle had died in his apartment.

Night Hag / Sleep paralysis

I was 18 years old, I was into meditation and trying to meet my spirit guides through this, I started off as I usually did by deep breathing exercises and trying to bring in a white light to surround my body but when this was lacking and didn't happen I started to stay within the darkness. It was calm and I could hear the tv in the background that I had left on. When all of a sudden, a sensation of a being sitting on my chest was making it really hard to breath, it felt as if a second entity hopped on and at this point I because scared and nervous as to what was happening and my first instinct was to yell and to have someone from upstairs come down to save me, but all I could do was wease out a help and this was so faint that no one would be able to hear me... after this didn't work I started to panic and at that point I started praying in my head to all deities that I could think of, abraham, joesph, jesus, muhammid, ect ect, as I did I started to shake as if someone took me by the shoulders and started to shake me violently. I was literally flung from off of the couch, landed on a coffee table that was 3 feet away and damaged the corner of it from landing so hard.
    what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Weird stuff, but I can relate to the sleep paralysis.

I don't remember much at all when I was little... I had to have been around 5 at the time. This is my only memory from back then, but I still remember it like it was yesterday, probably because I was so freaked out.

I remember I was sleeping in my bed when I woke up to this black cloud in my room. I was like WTF, because at that age, you believe all those movies about freddy krueger and the excorcist. I remember I tried to sit up, and nothing happened. I couldn't breath, and I tried to scream, and again, nothing happened. I could move my eyes all around, but I couldn't move my body. I remember doing the same thing about praying to everything I could think of, which went from God, Jesus, to the easter bunny and santa claus back then. I don't remember much beyond that, but I think my sister came in the room and calmed me down. For some reason, i could move and talk again then. Weird story I guess. I guess it's good to know I wasn't the only one that's ever experienced that.

I still wonder what exactly causes it though.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I don't remember much at all when I was little... I had to have been around 5 at the time. This is my only memory from back then, but I still remember it like it was yesterday, probably because I was so freaked out.

I remember I was sleeping in my bed when I woke up to this black cloud in my room. I was like WTF, because at that age, you believe all those movies about freddy krueger and the excorcist. I remember I tried to sit up, and nothing happened. I couldn't breath, and I tried to scream, and again, nothing happened. I could move my eyes all around, but I couldn't move my body. I remember doing the same thing about praying to everything I could think of, which went from God, Jesus, to the easter bunny and santa claus back then. I don't remember much beyond that, but I think my sister came in the room and calmed me down. For some reason, i could move and talk again then. Weird story I guess. I guess it's good to know I wasn't the only one that's ever experienced that.

Certain parts of your brain didn't "wake up" with other parts. Stimuli and awareness usually bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
        I really would like to experience one of these.
        (Paradise)>dj sage
        (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
        1: Dynasty> LOL
        1:vue> LOL
        1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

It can be pretty terrifying.

Comment

agreed, thanks for sharing Exalt

I was reading a book I picked up on Out of Body Experiences and how to induce the state, it was called Astral Dynamics, if your looking to experience something like that you should pick it up Shan.

What Xog said about half your brain waking up while the other side is still awake is pretty much the gist of it, in the book though it speaks about half of your body astral traveling and the other half becomes conscious, your body fights but while the other remain away your best to try to remain calm and eventually your supposed to come out of it... tough sale for anyone who's experience it though
            what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
            http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

I smoked dmt, did acid and shrooms, pain killers, weed, beer and tequila all at the same time and did an interstellar energy 3-way with God, a shaman, and casper.
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

oh noez, a ghost! run and hideeee

5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

no but seriously, ghosts? come on guys, I think you're ready to take off the diapers now
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

There is alot of shit in the world that can't be explained by science, whether you are a religion person or not I am sure that you can see that some things come from a different plane of existence than the science that is supposed to be correct. I think you can see that especially when people are going to die or have a sickness that is going to supposedly kill them. Science can't measure someones will to fight to live, or someones determination, or someones faith that things will be alright. Which is one of the reasons why I choose to believe religion over science. But still along with being religious also comes with the fact that I also believe in a Hell of sorts, and so I could also believe that a ghost or some sort of spirit could be on earth. I find that easier to believe than global warming anyways.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        There is alot of shit in the world that can't be explained by science, whether you are a religion person or not I am sure that you can see that some things come from a different plane of existence than the science that is supposed to be correct. I think you can see that especially when people are going to die or have a sickness that is going to supposedly kill them. Science can't measure someones will to fight to live, or someones determination, or someones faith that things will be alright. Which is one of the reasons why I choose to believe religion over science. But still along with being religious also comes with the fact that I also believe in a Hell of sorts, and so I could also believe that a ghost or some sort of spirit could be on earth. I find that easier to believe than global warming anyways.
                        That is one dangerous path to begin taking.

What about a simple "I don't know" instead of "Maybe a ghost did it?"

Because, when you start accepting superstitious nonsense, you stop looking for the real answers.

For example, it was once thought that epilepsy was demon possession.

"This one time at band camp my family prayed for my father's healing, and the next day he began to recover."

I hear bullshit stories like that all the time. So, why do certain people get healed and some don't? The prayers weren't pure or there was enough prayer?

Ok... fine. But, then why hasn't a spirit, diety, God (or whatever bullshit you believe in or pray to) ever had the power to heal an amputee?

When it comes to amputees they're all on strike, huh? Not enough love for the amputees?

Let's hear that story: "I prayed to God for a new arm and the next day it grew back!"

Comment

When is the last time science grew us a new arm? I am fairly certain that things have to work within natural law.

Anyways when you read The Bible is it full of historically accurate facts such as the earth really flooding, and science is telling me that artificial sugar is healthier for you than regular sugar oh wait it gives you cancer.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

When is the last time science grew us a new arm? I am fairly certain that things have to work within natural law.
                            But, that would be the point given that ghosts, spirits, God, etc are labeled as SUPER-natural.

And science has given us prosthetics. Give it time and it will find the key to growing a limb.

Just face it. God hates amputees.

Anyways when you read The Bible is it full of historically accurate facts such as the earth really flooding, and science is telling me that artificial sugar is healthier for you than regular sugar oh wait it gives you cancer.
                            Are you serious? That would be corporate entities, not science. Otherwise, how did you know it gives you cancer? You didn't learn that from prayer or Casper, I'll tell you that.

Comment

Corprate entities will steal your mone-i mean soul

Comment

Working...
                              X