Where should I go for graduate school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha philosopher
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

#123 represent mofugga.. matter of fact just finished labelling about 600 files ~.~ going home now too. funny that i came here and saw that at the end of the day

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        #229 president of the united states

#236 meter reader

only seven spots between them...

i suppose meter readers have some pretty serious authority though

they can fuck you hardcore with those tickets!
        water meter readers have a sweet job actually
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

wait, duh... i'm thinking of a meter maid

meter reading is probably the easiest job ever
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
            this thread is degenerating, and i like it.

ps. para, IU is in bloomington.
            i said UI as in the illini

oh summa, you sound so bitter. There's this little thing called AP, look it up. I came into OSU with a year and a half worth of credits, the only 'general' class I took was the 3rd part of the calc based physics series and a throwaway macroecon class.

you think advanced diff eq is some kind of big deal? I finished that up last quarter. Plus i use PDEs at work everyday :P.

youre argument, it suddenly has no merit..

this thread is tanking, HOW BOUT THEM CUBBIES?
            4:BigKing> xD
            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
            4:BigKing> what did i do???
            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
            4:BigKing> ???? why though
            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

no really, how bout them cubbies? i do hope they get girardi
              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
              4:BigKing> what did i do???
              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
              4:BigKing> ???? why though
              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

a "year and a half" worth of credits? how many hours is that? i remember getting credits on my AP exams but i have no idea how they translate over into hours and whatnot. EDIT nevermind for me i was just able to klep out of like 2 english courses and a history course, but that's like 9 hours. i never took any other AP tests.

i am like one semester away from graduating and i feel like i have not learned anything, and may in fact be stupider than i was going into college. but i guess that's because i've put off all but one of my sciences, and haven't taken any math besides the two required classes of the type which i'm sure normal human beings could pass as freshmen in highschool. and when i graduate i will be able to teach children, perhaps even your precious child, about life. here's what i know about life: napoleon bonaparte was brilliant; smoke weed everyday.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                  i said UI as in the illini

oh summa, you sound so bitter. There's this little thing called AP, look it up. I came into OSU with a year and a half worth of credits, the only 'general' class I took was the 3rd part of the calc based physics series and a throwaway macroecon class.

you think advanced diff eq is some kind of big deal? I finished that up last quarter. Plus i use PDEs at work everyday :P.

youre argument, it suddenly has no merit..

this thread is tanking, HOW BOUT THEM CUBBIES?
                  lulz, nice try on this one its a load of shit though. you should really not exaggerate.

unless you were in a running start program, which would have given you an associates upon graduation, you didn't have a year and a half of credits. AP transfers into public universities max out at 45 credits. but how would i know this! oh yeah, i am an academic adviser for my university...damn bi-laws are boring.

i will maintain my point though. you have 0 grounds to speak about the academic rigor of your university after a year of attendance. as for your claim that taking 1 of the intro level courses in the mathematics major requirement dismantles and discredits everything i claim, here is my response: be glad you're a math/science major. seriously...that argumentation would get shit on in any respectable department of education.

look you're just the typical pretentious prick you've always been. continue to be a complete american and assert that you are correct about everything you say even though you have no expertise or authority on the matter. it'll get you places in this country....seriously....it will. however, i have a shred of decency, a little morality, and some humility.
                  TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                  TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                  Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                  - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                  Originally posted by kthx
                  Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

The way I feel about business school is:

You go to study for 4 years (well, 4 for me, we have 3 year bachelors and 1 year masters), and when you're done you basically still don't know anything about working in a company. I mean I get stuff about everything, marketing, strategy, hrm, logistics, etc. etc. but I won't be able to just run an entire corporation just like that. Besides, research is always behind on the current trends and stuff. I mean, say something is a trend in 2002, by the time research is published on it, it's 2004/2005 at the earliest, by the time people get it in school it's 2006 and on, so by 2010 your learning about what was a trend in 2002, but by now has been replaced by something else. And I'm talking about trends, because that's really how business works, something becomes a trend (for instance, first it was becoming vertically integrated, doing everything in-house, now it's about going back to only your core business and outsourcing everything).

So really, unless you are studying for a specific job, like architecture, doctor, engineer, you don't really learn all that much in college, you'll basically have to learn your job on the job. That combined with that I think it was like 10% of the people actually end up in the field they studied, college isn't all that important. Important enough to do it, not important enough to worry about whether it's Harvard you're going to or not, sure Harvard will open doors when you get out, but if you want to be that CEO one day, it'll depend on your talent not on which college you come from.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

gall, what did you major in/what do you?

not an attack, just curious
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                        continue to be a complete american
                        Don't lump him in with the rest of us. Actually, don't lump us in with him
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                          Don't lump him in with the rest of us. Actually, don't lump us in with him
                          qft
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                            gall, what did you major in/what do you?

not an attack, just curious
                            I'm currently finishing up my masters in International Management
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

what does that entail, exactly?
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

That I'll have a masters in International Management, basically the courses I got during my masters were International HRM, Global Marketing, Global Corporate Communication, Strategic Decision Making, Corporate Strategy, Organizations and Society and Technology, Innovation and Organisation (although that's because of my thesis, which I'm doing in Innovation Management).

So I get something from every major discipline in business and that in a global setting, how does the global marketplace that exists nowadays effect the way we do business?

Like I said, I haven't really learned anything, I mean I have book smarts about all these subjects, and I know theories and stuff, but I'm in no way fit to actually run a big business. What I'm hoping for at first is an internship in either Tokyo or New York, or perhaps London. Just something temporary like 6 months to a year and then I'll probably enter a traineeship at a big company where I'll spend 2 years being prepared for the big work. I'm thinking about a Dutch multinational, like Unilever, Shell, Philips, KPMG (although not likely, goes more towards accounting, not a fan), etc. I'll see, I'm in no rush.

Comment

Working...
                                X