Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

three days of prayer for TX...what a joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• three days of prayer for TX...what a joke!

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has proclaimed a three-day period, from Friday to Sunday, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the state.

What a fucktard of a gov you TX folk have. Here's wishing you have dry windy weather in TX.....just make sure Perry doesn't ask for 1 penny of Fed Assistance for all the damages of this fires or that would be a complete 180 for Perry and his anti-american rants of wanting secession for TX.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
    Texas Gov. Rick Perry has proclaimed a three-day period, from Friday to Sunday, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the state.

What a fucktard of a gov you TX folk have. Here's wishing you have dry windy weather in TX.....just make sure Perry doesn't ask for 1 penny of Fed Assistance for all the damages of this fires or that would be a complete 180 for Perry and his anti-american rants of wanting secession for TX.
    Prayer isn't really a bad thing, even if it offends people... like you it seems. Prayer doesn't mean it is religion specific though. You can pray to any God or atheistic "nothing" that you want to really. Even an atheist can say a little silent prayer to "mother nature" if they want. I don't see a problem with it. I'm sure the religious right groups will go nuts over this though.

For all the "religous freedom" and "seperation of church and state" the religious right groups throw so many court cases at, they definitely do their absolute best to limit the freedoms of people who wish to pubicly show their faith in whatever religion by telling them they cannot pray out loud in public places. To me, that isn't seperation of church and state, but rather limiting the rights of people who want to pray out loud. Religion doesn't place boundaries on what is a "public" place or a "private" place. The religious right groups do their best to remove any religious "sacred" anything from any government property they can though.

Next thing you know, beyond the 10 commandments being removed from courthouse squares, they will try their absolute best to destroy the oaths in court of "so help me God" crap. I just find that offensive, because God is a broad term, and taking away that oath (even if it means shit to 80% of people in America) is removing the faith and justice system's ability to hold people to their word in truth. An atheist might not care to place their hand on the bible/torah/quran/etc, but who they fuck are they to say that NOBODY can do it? Also, what good is an oath to an atheist if they don't believe in a higher power that could judge them? It just gives them all the right in the world to lie about anything, without any inner conscious from telling them what is right or wrong.

Also, the 10 commandments, which have been removed from all public places, pertained to every law in the world, and morally was on the right path no matter what religion you believe in. The "golden rule" isn't something that has to be religious, but something all men should strive to uphold out of decency and moral/ethical grounds in being human. Removing that from public places is basically stating "fuck the 10 commandments, because I don't believe in a higher power, so nobody has the right to tell me I shall not steal or murder or cheat on my wife." It's crap. I don't care if you believe in God, Buddah, Shivah, or Satan, but you shouldn't have the right to just outright dismiss the moral grounds of right and wrong that all men of every religion on earth (Plato/Aristotle anyone?) seem to think is morally right despite their belief system. Only atheists seem to have a hidden agenda, unlike the other faiths who just want to be able to keep their right to religion written in the Constitution from being destroyed by people who not only believe in absolutely nothing (beyond evolution, which has so many holes in the theory which takes more faith to believe in than a religion), but also believe they have the right to take away the beliefs and religious freedoms others have, just because they don't want to read, see, or hear it in a public place to remind them that other people have different beliefs than them.

To sum it up TLDR: Only an atheist, who consequently bitches about "religous freedom" while doing their best to limit those freedoms of people who have differing beliefs, would ever even WANT to bitch, moan, and complain about a public official pronouncing "prayer" in a public place. You don't have to be a Christian/Jew/Muslim to believe in a God. You could pray to Buddah, Jesus, Mother Nature, Shivah, Darwin and your monkey ancestor betty, the primordial ooze that spawned life and turned you into you, your super fast and winning sperm who swam its little marathon to your mom's egg faster than millions of your brother and sister sperm, or even pray to your deceased great grandma. It doesn't matter. The problem is that all atheists seem to take offense to ANY type of "religious conentations" in any government/public/school system/speech/whatever place they find it, and they attack it in court with a vengeance, even though it DOESN'T hurt them at all.

Only an atheist cares that much about LIMITING OTHER'S FREEDOMS in religion only because they think THEIR beliefs are better than everyone else's. Just because you believe in Darwin, or the big bang theory (a Catholic priest actually created the theory, ironic huh), some other theory, creationism, non-creationism, science, superstition, whatever... it doesn't mean you have any right to twist the constitution to your will to make sure you never, ever, hear or see any type of public prayer to any religious deity just because you choose to not belief in anything but yourself. Let people belief and practice that belief in whatever way they want to, as long as it is morally sound and doesn't hurt anyone. Bitching about prayer is the most retarded, insignificant, immature, and absolutely selfish thing you could do. If you don't want to pray or listen to someone else pray, don't listen and don't do it. Simple, right? So then, why bitch about it like it personally offends you? Were you hurt by the Crusades, Jiihad, Bushido, Yoga, Animal Sacrifice, or even the Roman persecution of Christians? Were you, or are you going to just bitch about all the "wrongs" that religious fanatics 1000s of years ago made? I'm a Christian, but you don't hear me bitching about the Romans feeding Christians of that era to the lions. You also don't hear me saying great things about the Crusades. I'm not Catholic either, so you don't hear me saying I agree with any of it. I believe what I want, but you don't see me complaining that muslims are bowing down in prayer during their required prayer times. You don't see me complaining that people are practicing Yoga, despite that it originated as a method of worship for Hinduism/Buddism. You don't see me complain about the Pope, even though I'm not Catholic. Get my point? Why are atheists always the ones to complain, and consequently LIMIT and BAN the religious freedoms of others, all the while proclaiming they are protecting their own beliefs in the process? What makes you so special?
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

And? I prayed for the people of Japan after the Earthquake, I prayed for the people of India after the Tsunami, I prayed for the people of Haiti after their Earthquake, I prayed for the families and people who died in 9/11. A drought is just a non violent natural disaster, I don't see any problem for this.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Only an atheist cares that much about LIMITING OTHER'S FREEDOMS in religion only because they think THEIR beliefs are better than everyone else's.
        Yeah, only atheists care about limiting other people's freedoms! That's why muslims in this country can so freely build their mosques and practice their religion without fear of retribution oh wait no they can't.

So much intolerance towards atheists/agnostics in your post, not even worth picking through it and responding to the entirety.

Edit: For what it's worth I have no problem if the Governor wants to declare three days of prayer, if that helps a portion of the population feel better about the predicament then I fail to see a problem. It would be a problem if the prayer was forced, or if people were punished for not praying which is clearly not the case, or if this was the only plan they had with regards to the drought. You're WAY overblowing this 404.
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation View Post
          Yeah, only atheists care about limiting other people's freedoms! That's why muslims in this country can so freely build their mosques and practice their religion without fear of retribution oh wait no they can't.
          They can't? Says who? There are crazies and idiots out of every belief system, but generalizing like that is moronic at best. I'm pretty sure that removing the 10 commandments and saying NO to public prayer of any kind is far more limiting of religious freedoms than muslims not being able to build mosques, even though that generalization is false in every aspect. But hey, let's twist things to blame it on others, rather than take responsibility for yourselves. That's the way of the world baby.

So much intolerance towards atheists/agnostics in your post, not even worth picking through it and responding to the entirety.
          Intolerance, or truth? I don't complain about atheists in their beliefs, but I do complain when their agenda is to remove the ability to acknowledge and practice other religions in public places, because it "offends" the poor little atheist communities of the nation. What exactly did I say that was intolerant? I'm pretty sure I pointed out how "intolerant" atheists have been of other religions based on their multitude of court cases against "mainly" Christian practices in schools, courtrooms, government buildings, public property, etc. I don't see how anything I said pertained to being intolerant of atheists practicing atheism. All i mentioned was the intolerance atheists have shown in how "offended" they always seem to be about public prayer. OH NO!!! SOMEONE IS PRAYING IN PUBLIC IN ANOTHER STATE THAT I WILL NEVER EVER AFFECT ME!!! LET'S SUE! SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!! WE HAVE TO SUE! GET RID OF THIS!!! THIS OFFENDS ME SO MUCH! THEY ARE BEING INTOLERANT OF ATHEIST/AGNOSTICISM BY PRAYING AND PRACTICING THEIR OWN BELIEFS!!! IT OFFENDS ME SO FUCKING MUCH THAT SOMEONE ELSE BELIEFS IN SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT I BELIEVE!!! I AM OUTRAGED!!! CHRISTIANS CRAM EVERYTHING DOWN MY THROAT!! I THINK I SHOULD JUST TAKE THIS TO COURT AND SHOW THEM WHAT'S UP!! THEY CAN'T CRAM IT DOWN MY THROAT ANY LONGER, AND NOW THEY WILL HAVE TO EAT THEIR WORDS WHILE I CRAM MY INTOLERANCE DOWN THEIRS BABY! +1 TO DARWIN BABY!

Edit: For what it's worth I have no problem if the Governor wants to declare three days of prayer, if that helps a portion of the population feel better about the predicament then I fail to see a problem. It would be a problem if the prayer was forced, or if people were punished for not praying which is clearly not the case, or if this was the only plan they had with regards to the drought. You're WAY overblowing this 404.
          For what it's worth, I'm just poking fun in my previous statement, but it had to be said anyway after you said I am intolerant. I'm pretty sure I showed my tolerance toward all belief systems, but I don't agree with anyone limiting those belief systems in any public or private place, as long as those practices aren't morally wrong or hurt anyone. Obviously, that means I don't support suicide bombings or Crusades against Muslims and Jews, but I don't think we should ever ban prayer of any kind in any religion from the public mind, just because we don't agree. That is intolerance if you ask me.

All I'm saying is... I have gotten in far more confrontations with atheists trying to push their beliefs and agendas on me, rather than some Jehovah's Witnesses and/or some other Christian or differing religious group trying to convert me. It just seems atheists have gone on their own little crusades against "mainly" Christianity, no matter the area or subject, because they feel so strongly that Christianity is wrong. I have no problem with trying to show others your point of view, but all my atheists friends, especially on facebook, try their absolute best to quote the Bible or anything else pertaining to Christianity and showing it to be a great "wrong" in the world that needs to be destroyed for some reason.

All I'm saying is that atheists in this day and age seem to be FAR more intolerant of other religions (in this nation at least, since Muslim countries are intolerant of everyone) than those aforementioned religions seem to be of atheists/differing beliefs.

You don't see Christians going to court to sue against atheism. Maybe you'll see it in areas like Gay Rights, but that isn't directly a "christian" issue in and of itself. Most of my atheist friends attack Christians based on their disagreements with Gay marriage, even though muslims and Jews, etc, seem to be against it far more than Christians. Atheists just love to attack Christianity with a passion, and just kind of ignore other religions (probably because Christianity is the dominant religion in America).

Case and Point: Why is 404 complaining about a Governor in TEXAS talking about a 3 day public PRAYER that doesn't affect him whatsoever? Why is he offended by this? I'm especially interested, since he lives in Philly, which is nowhere near Texas. You don't see any other religious groups complaining about it, do you? Why are atheists always offended by other belief systems, when those belief systems could care less about atheism? Does that make any sense to you?
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
            [INDENT]just make sure Perry doesn't ask for 1 penny of Fed Assistance for all the damages of this fires or that would be a complete 180 for Perry and his anti-american rants of wanting secession for TX.
            It isn't exactly "Anti-American" to want to secede from the government, when the USA was entirely BASED around seceding from England with a Revolution, the North vs the South in the Civil War, etc. It also is pretty intolerant of you to judge another state's agenda like that, when most of their claims are valid when you actually read the Constitution and what it stands for.

Does it not say, that all citizens have the right and the DUTY to secede and rebel against any government power that goes against their rights, liberty, or pursuit of happiness? Aren't you being just a little bit intolerant here?

Also, who are you to complain if Texas asks for FEDERAL funds if a tragic disaster occurs caused by wildfires or the like, based on there being a huge dry spell (and then proclaiming a 3 day public prayer for rain... OH NO, THEY SHOULDN'T GET MONEY NOW, BECAUSE THEY PRAYED IN PUBLIC!!! FUCK NO! I'M SO OFFENDED BY THIS THAT I HOPE THEY ALL DIE IN A BURNING FIRE BECAUSE THEY PRAYED FOR RAIN TO AVOID THE SITUATION!!!"

I just find your comments slightly offensive itself. Every post I've mentioned just proclaimed the intolerance and absolute obtuse and immature self-righteous attitude atheist/agnostics seem to have on others practicing other religion and faith systems other than your own. Just because you choose to have faith in evolution, Darwin, and the chance of life and random spawning of the universe in which the percentage of it happening without "help" from a higher power being so enormously small that it is the closest thing to impossible you can get. I call THAT faith, but you will call it science... funny how that works, since creationism could be considered less of a leap of faith than the chance of life without help you believe in.

Anyway, I don't think you have much right to decide if Texas should or should not get money for a natural disaster merely because they prayed for rain that would PREVENT the need for federal funds or needless loss of life. You would rather all those people lose their homes, their livelihood, and their lives, all because they chose to have a public 3 day prayer for rain? Are you fucking kidding me? Who is the bigot now?
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Moot
              Last edited by GuruMeditation; 04-21-2011, 08:24 PM.
              gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
              gravy_: Electric granny chariots
              gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

are you an english major exalt?
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Rain dance first.

Pray later.
                  TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                  TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                  TelCat> i dont

Comment

why is this a joke? I don't get it

your jokes suck.
                    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Wow what narrow-mindedness. Even if ye be trollin'.

I really see nothing wrong with this governor's proclamation. There's a million acres roasting in wildfires all over Texas. What are you doing about it? Prayer is great.
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Georgias gov got a lot of flack for praying for rain during our big drought a couple years ago

reasons the south is better..
                        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

anyone notice how the paul always chimes in with generic replies that echo the feelings of the majority of already posted comments?
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow...didn't know I said I was agnostic and or athiest...nice assumption Ex...btw...could you lengthen your replies a few more paragraphs? Not sure why you always have to post a novels worth of spew as a reply and make idiotic assumptions.

BTW...my gripe is with Perry and not the people of TX. Rick Perry shouldn't even be governor. He should have been charged with profiteering through his land deals with the state for the Texas Corridor. He knew the plans for the highway, bought the land where it was going, then sold the land at an insane profit to the state. Now the the whole project has been scrapped. He ran for re-election on a platform of fiscal responsibility, claiming Texas had a budget surplus, but then turned around and jumped on the deficit band wagon. He has been renting a mansion for years at the taxpayers' expense while the governor's mansion is being renovated, at the taxpayers' expense. But not to worry, it's not his big business buddies who are paying those taxes.

Now he wants us to pray for rain? I'm sure that'll help. I'd rather pray that Rick Perry gets hit by a bus :-)
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                              are you an english major exalt?
                              not on the internet, but sometimes in real life, yes
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X