Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal wedding

Wasn't it nice?

Does the rest of the world care? I walked past Buckingham Palace on Tuesday and there were already hundreds of international tv crews pitched up in the corner of Green Park
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Anyone north of Reading doesn't care, so I'd be surprised.
    2:puker> gilder is any band bigger than metallica in your country
    2:gilder> if artist count, madonna, cause he was in finland once
    2:puker> he
    2:puker> maledonna
    2:Sika> whats metallica

Comment

nobody gives a shit
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by H I M View Post
        Anyone north of Reading doesn't care, so I'd be surprised.
        Tell that to Neil Lennon and let me know how you get on

Comment

It actually pisses me off that people care about this particular monarchy. I thought Western nations got rid of them, but this one lingers. More than lingers, I bet if the Queen or future King wants something done it gets done. They probably have more influence than anyone in England except the PM and the head of the Secret Service. That aside, why do people give a shit? We seem to hate all the monarchies that are left in the middle east and Africa, but these fuckers get a pass. Obviously, people love them because I have been forced to look at their darling faces roughly 30 times a day. And all the women love it because they have been reading Cinderella stories from the age of 2 to 4 days ago when they watched the last Hugh Grant movie. On the one hand you got England decommissioning warships and fighter jets, closing health clinics and fining you if you didn't recycle a water bottle or used too much toilet paper to wipe your ass. At the same time you got a family that did nothing but be born into royalty that gets paid millions a year, lives in a huge palace, and gets to play polo with fine bitches from abercrombie and finch. How much did this wedding cost?

The Prince is pretty much #! contender for future King of the World / Leader of the New World Order / Anti-Christ, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
            Tell that to Neil Lennon and let me know how you get on
            Whit?

Comment

Neil Lennon is manager of Glasgow Celtic. There are two big clubs in Scotland (your home nation), both from Glasgow, called Celtic and Rangers. Celtic have traditionally drawn their support from the Catholic community, Rangers Protestant. Neil Lennon is a Protestant from Northern Ireland managing Celtic, the Catholic club.

In Northern Ireland there are two rival factions over the issue of governance. Half the people feel Northern Ireland should remain part of the UK. They are loyalist, overwhelmingly Protestant and are big fans of their current governors and heads of the Protestant faith, the royal family. The other faction are Republicans who, as the name suggests, feel Northern Ireland should be part of the independent Republic of Ireland. They're catholic and not so big on the monarchy (who once denounced the Catholic pope, burnt their monasteries and set up the independent Church of England).

Scotland and Northern Ireland are closely linked due to their geographic proximity and common celtic heritage. The fact that Neil Lennon has chosen to align himself with the Catholic team has not gone down well with the Protestant half. They have also ignored the fact he isn't making a political statement, he's just managing a football team.

In the past Lennon has been sent death threats and posted bullets as a warning. In the last few weeks police have intercepted an explosive advice posted to him.

So yes, people above Reading care about the monarchy.

Comment

I'm starting to doubt myself over the fact that Lennon is a Protestant, but he grew up in a highly politicised town, Lurgan: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles_in_Lurgan

Comment

if the english had the balls to cut off their king's head like the french did we wouldn't have this problem, or if napoleon and hitler had the brains to realize that crossing the channel and cutting their heads off would have been a lot easier than traveling thousands of miles into Russia in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                    It actually pisses me off that people care about this particular monarchy. I thought Western nations got rid of them, but this one lingers. More than lingers, I bet if the Queen or future King wants something done it gets done. They probably have more influence than anyone in England except the PM and the head of the Secret Service. That aside, why do people give a shit? We seem to hate all the monarchies that are left in the middle east and Africa, but these fuckers get a pass. Obviously, people love them because I have been forced to look at their darling faces roughly 30 times a day. And all the women love it because they have been reading Cinderella stories from the age of 2 to 4 days ago when they watched the last Hugh Grant movie. On the one hand you got England decommissioning warships and fighter jets, closing health clinics and fining you if you didn't recycle a water bottle or used too much toilet paper to wipe your ass. At the same time you got a family that did nothing but be born into royalty that gets paid millions a year, lives in a huge palace, and gets to play polo with fine bitches from abercrombie and finch. How much did this wedding cost?

The Prince is pretty much #! contender for future King of the World / Leader of the New World Order / Anti-Christ, just saying.
                    You seem to resent:
                    - the money they have
                    - the fact that they aren't as hated as other unrelated monarchies
                    - their lifestyle

I'm conscious that funding the royal family is a huge drain on national taxes. However they bring in a fuckload of money in tourism, far more than is spent on them. Much like the Lincoln Memorial in America they are a symbol of national pride and represent a huge part of our history. Therefore I think for that reason it's a justifiable expenditure.

Not sure why they should be hated because other people who have the same jobs in other countries are hated, there wasn't much substance behind that argument.

I wish I had their lifestyle too. In fact I just wish I had pots of money. But then you can't criticise the royal family for taking the taxpayer's money... Then say it's unfair that they get to play polo, implying that they are privileged and your biggest gripe is that you don't have that opportunity. You can't aspire to something you resent.

Comment

Neil Lennon is manager of Glasgow Celtic. There are two big clubs in Scotland (your home nation), both from Glasgow, called Celtic and Rangers. Celtic have traditionally drawn their support from the Catholic community, Rangers Protestant. Neil Lennon is a Protestant from Northern Ireland managing Celtic, the Catholic club.

In Northern Ireland there are two rival factions over the issue of governance. Half the people feel Northern Ireland should remain part of the UK. They are loyalist, overwhelmingly Protestant and are big fans of their current governors and heads of the Protestant faith, the royal family. The other faction are Republicans who, as the name suggests, feel Northern Ireland should be part of the independent Republic of Ireland. They're catholic and not so big on the monarchy (who once denounced the Catholic pope, burnt their monasteries and set up the independent Church of England).

Scotland and Northern Ireland are closely linked due to their geographic proximity and common celtic heritage. The fact that Neil Lennon has chosen to align himself with the Catholic team has not gone down well with the Protestant half. They have also ignored the fact he isn't making a political statement, he's just managing a football team.

In the past Lennon has been sent death threats and posted bullets as a warning. In the last few weeks police have intercepted an explosive advice posted to him.

So yes, people above Reading care about the monarchy.
                      I said people above Reading don't care about the WEDDING.

Oh hay that rhymes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                        if the english had the balls to cut off their king's head like the french did we wouldn't have this problem, or if napoleon and hitler had the brains to realize that crossing the channel and cutting their heads off would have been a lot easier than traveling thousands of miles into Russia in the winter.
                        Given your logic now extends to wishing the nazis were in power instead of them, it's probably not worth my while continuing this. Hello Mike, welcome to internet message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by H I M View Post
                          I said people above Reading don't care about the WEDDING.

Oh hay that rhymes.
                          Given the wedding in question is a royal wedding, taking into account my points above and massively drawing attention to them, I'd say they have an interest

Comment

i made fun of this czech woman at work so hard for waking up at night to watch this

i like the royal wedding because it lets me make fun of people a lot

also:
                            zeus, post that funny msn log where we were talking about the reading festival where you were in a tent and i was all that sounds nerdy as fuck reading under a tent
                            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

You seem to resent:
                              - the money they have
                              - the fact that they aren't as hated as other unrelated monarchies
                              - their lifestyle

I'm conscious that funding the royal family is a huge drain on national taxes. However they bring in a fuckload of money in tourism, far more than is spent on them. Much like the Lincoln Memorial in America they are a symbol of national pride and represent a huge part of our history. Therefore I think for that reason it's a justifiable expenditure.

Not sure why they should be hated because other people who have the same jobs in other countries are hated, there wasn't much substance behind that argument.

I wish I had their lifestyle too. In fact I just wish I had pots of money. But then you can't criticise the royal family for taking the taxpayer's money... Then say it's unfair that they get to play polo, implying that they are privileged and your biggest gripe is that you don't have that opportunity. You can't aspire to something you resent.
                              I don't resent them because of their money, lifestyle, or because they aren't hated as much as other monarchies. I resent them because they exist. I think people don't like Kings of Jordan or Libya or Africa because Kings are usually dictators, the disparity of their wealth to anyone else is unconscionable, and even if they were great and generous kings, the idea of having a king is outdated. We have evolved to democracies and Republics which is a good thing because decisions reached by consensus are usually more inclusive. Their lifestyle is undeserved; some kids are born into billionaire estates but at least their father or grandfather or somewhere down the line someone has earned it. I'm not seeing that in the royal family. Of all the Western nations, the ones that have done a lot of evil shit like colonialism and the new-Colonialism we see now-a-days, they did one great thing and that was move on from Feudalism and Monarchies. This remnant is a living monument. Make a statue of King George if you think he was so great, but I'm pretty sure the Monarchy lost political power for a reason (people were fed up with it), so why keep honoring them? It;s like if we let Abraham Lincoln's children live in a palace and get paid for existing so people could come watch the guards at their house and try to make them flinch.

But most of all, I just hate the adulation fools give to celebrities in general, but like I said, at least Rihanna and Lady gaga and Brad Pitt did something to achieve their fame. I'm not saying I wish the Nazis won, that was a joke, try not to take this argument too seriously, don't give me that I'm smarter and morally superior "it's not worth my time arguing this with you" line of bs, this is tw forums bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X