No announcement yet.

Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The following is a 4 GB USB Flash drive. running computer with no hard drive attached. The USB OS is programmed to use RAM memory in such a way, that entire 500 MB Video AVIs can be downloaded directly from Internet to RAM, and everything else smaller including youtubes, and cache, to prevent constant USB writes. USB Flash drives are also called 'Key Drives', 'Thumb Drives', 'USB sticks'

Last edited by Tone; 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Been meaning to try and put ubuntu on a usb drive to try or use it as an emergency recovery tool for my computer. How easy is it to do / do you have a guide for this?
      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
        Been meaning to try and put ubuntu on a usb drive to try or use it as an emergency recovery tool for my computer. How easy is it to do / do you have a guide for this?
        Im exactly the person for you to ask this, making the perfect USB OS emergency backup became a hobby of mine and i perfected it with hours upon hours of research. I know the exact perfect setup for this and i will reply to you again some time tonight with more details. If you might, wait till i reply and i can tell you how to best flash the drive, then best set it up

My USBs are capable of playing entire movies, using skype and more because theres certain settings you can do such as force it to use RAM memory instead of the USB when downloading videos and the like

ALl i need to do is to take my notes and convert them into clear logical instructions for people.

a Patriot Xporter XT performs the best for this task, but any USB flash will work, i have done this with a 15 dollar GPX broken mp3 player exposed circuit board and have done this with an SD card as well. The $18 8GB Patriot has the finest electronics inside for USB 2.0 Flash Drives and is about inbetween the quality (not speed, quality) of your common USB flash drive and a $300 SSD Sata Drive.

It will install ubuntu to hard drive as a backup, it will also act as a full system if your hard drive's head physically breaks, where theres no rush to buy a new replacement hard drive or computer. The speed is: slightly slower than hard drive on first-loads. faster than hard drive after thing is cached to RAM memory. Boot Time: 55 seconds for patriots. 75 to 150 seconds for various drives.

This post was made using a USB. Be back with more later

Comment

Jason, that is a sweet picture but I'm guessing you didn't take it.

Paradise, rofl if that is actually your desktop.
          Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

Got bored with old desktop.

'why cant i just find sometione who lwill love me and wont hmake me lose weight or change the perosjn who i am' -Pandagirl!
            'but im fucking hot im 12 years younger thanhim why is that noe tnougj??' -Pandagirl!
            'i mean i was f cuking fit model for vistoria's secret what g8y wioujldn't wanthtatr? he worked asa plstic surgeon forawhile and he said i had aperfect boobs....' -Pandagirl!

LaSenza ⇐ left Epidemic Jun. 5, 2011 - 14:57

Comment

Hmmmmm .... I cannot take a screenshot on my MacBook running Win7 without another KB I don't think ....

And my new computer I just smashed the screen .... if I had a camera I'd show off its fancy new desktop image of bleeding LCD crystals. Thank goodness for ASUS 1yr accidental damage warranty.

EDIT: Zyphen -- where do you find those desktops? I like all the apps built into them; clock, mp3, etc.
              Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by vaped View Post
                EDIT: Zyphen -- where do you find those desktops? I like all the apps built into them; clock, mp3, etc.
                Thanks, they're just regular desktops but I use rainmeter to add all the extra stuff and have my taskbar set on 'auto-hide'. Google rainmeter and it'll take you to their site, it's easy to set up.
                'why cant i just find sometione who lwill love me and wont hmake me lose weight or change the perosjn who i am' -Pandagirl!
                'but im fucking hot im 12 years younger thanhim why is that noe tnougj??' -Pandagirl!
                'i mean i was f cuking fit model for vistoria's secret what g8y wioujldn't wanthtatr? he worked asa plstic surgeon forawhile and he said i had aperfect boobs....' -Pandagirl!

Comment

zyphen + subfocus =
                  +1
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Soup du Jour View Post
                    Jason, that is a sweet picture but I'm guessing you didn't take it.
                    No he didn't. Here it is!

Last edited by project dragon; 05-07-2011, 03:24 PM.

Mattey> put me in corch

Comment

Originally posted by Soup du Jour View Post

Paradise, rofl if that is actually your desktop.
                      I have a thing against large pictures on my desktop. Come on dude selanne with the jets...? Talk about the making an entry into the NHL. 76 goals is a mark only 5 players in the history of the NHL have ever reached, and this guy did it as a ROOKIE.

let's see yours, kid's probably got a giant bowl of new england clam chowder as his bg.
                      4:BigKing> xD
                      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                      4:BigKing> what did i do???
                      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                      4:BigKing> ???? why though
                      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                      4:BigKing> xD

Comment

I just signed up for Digital Blasphemy awhile back, probably the best desktops in my opinion.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

been using DB stuff since about 1997, but ive never paid money to anyone on the internet
                          they arent "probably the best", they are the best
                          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                            I just signed up for Digital Blasphemy awhile back, probably the best desktops in my opinion.
                            Yea db isn't bad. Personally I browse around deviantart.com though. Harder to find people willing to let you d/l high res of their work but some awesome stuff on there.

Comment

go go interfacelift.

and wallbase

Mattey> put me in corch

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X