Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

operation get jerome good at subspace (real talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• operation get jerome good at subspace (real talk)

sup,

so i used to be pretty terrible at this game and now i am ok at this game but that's not good enough, i would like to be great at this game

over the years i have had various theories as to why and how, but i dunno. my biggest problem is general situational awareness due to shitty, shitty eyesight which makes me bad at keeping track of repels, nme energy, etc... but i am sure that in the middle of a heated battle most of that technical stuff flies out the window.

this is an open invitation to the good people of trench wars to help a brother out. maybe if you have general off-the-bat ideas on how i suck you can post them here, but what i am really looking for is real-time, in-game assistance. the best time to point out a mistake is right when i make it, not 20mins later when someone is like "hey jerome remember that one time when that spider killed you? you could have done this" because no, i dont remember, i just got done being killed by many spiders.

so maybe you can be the lucky person that will one day say "yeah, i made that jerome the man he is today."

so please, if you happen to enter an arena and i happen to be basing competitively, perhaps you should watch me a little bit and shoot me a PM or two if you see something worth fixing. or cybersex or whatever afk
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

!= guide to spacewips

1. Some of your base is belonging to you. Utilize this.
    2. Don't just spaceship to the world: that's how diabetes.
    3. Bigger bullets then smaller ones. Sometimes not always this.
    4. For all hockey/speedball/testicularity, go into your settings and change shift-ctrl for repel to ctrl and change what was ctrl to shift-ctrl. The idea here being that you do not have to let go of shift to shoot the puck/ball at high speed. This is typically the magic you see taking you to pound town when hz peeps ?go tw.
    5. Economize bullet use to the extent that you never drop below yellow when spidering.
    6. Practice other zones. It's like visiting places that aren't Americanized.
    7. Consider whether you look at your ship, ie focal/vanishing point, or whether you look at the whole screen while bearing in mind you can't exactly see the whole.
    8. Radar, small or transparent... up to you.
    9. Duel peeps. Duel the same peeps. Duel different peeps.
    10. Time wait for no man.
    11. I am awfully inconsistent. Do what I pay not as I poo.
    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
    i just wish it was longer
    Originally posted by Cops
    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Funny enough I don't think I've ever seen you play Subspace, although I've seen you on staff chat. What ship do you play again?
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Seems kinda obvious, but I’ll throw it out there anyway….
        1. If your eyesight isn’t that good, make sure you aren’t pushing back in your chair and away from your monitor while playing.
        2. After dying but before spawning, stop taking a hit on the bong, taking a big slug of beer, or copping a feel of your girlfriends tits. This is the most critical time to pay attention and take stock of things like enemy positions and your team’s status.
        3. Stop typing shit
        4. Check for glare on your monitor, dim room lights if needed.
        5. Turn off stars and other background stuff so bullets/bombs are more visible
        6. Get the fast explosion graphics so you can see stuff quicker
        eph

Comment

Watch how a good player plays and copy some of his awesome moves.
          Regency> not in for dd lol
          Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

really, jerome?
            Fuck it.

Comment

maybe if your eye sight was better you would notice building 7 falling at speed of gravity and pull your fucking head out of your ass and wonder how the fuck that could possibly happen without perfectly timed series of multiple breaking points on the steel and concrete columns seriously go fuck yourself you'll never be good at this game with your head so far up your fucking ass squeezer you're so fucking funny look at all of the lols you have received over the years

and this

Comment

True VA is correct. You would have also noticed how the steel around the WTC was melted for WEEKS ON END as is common with controlled demolitions.
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

I broke the dam!
                  Fuck it.

Comment

probably should have posted this in the beginning, to clear up stuff, but wuteva

-as far as options/settings go, i'm pretty set. star/planets disabled, shiproll disabled, other gfx disabled etc. however ive never heard of 'fast explosion' gfx, so ill have to check this out
                    -i have learned to focus on the game itself while im respawning, in order to properly orient myself when i attach and know what i have to do
                    -a major problem i have is flying and shipcontrol. i dont know. it seems like i frequently get outmaneuvered in the 1v1
                    -i play with default keys, but not like you'd think. ive shared this with alot of people and apparently not alot of people do this, but my brother pavement does so i call it "pavement style": left hand on RIGHT ctrl/shift, right hand as usual on arrow keys. i dont know why, but i find it easier to play with my hands closer together... makes me feel better at coordination (i have terrible motor skills), plus i can then use left side of the keyboard to set up another ship keydefs - like making left ctrl repel, left shift attach so i can switch from shark to spid without changing keydefs
                    -i've had the occasional 100+ kill game, but it's not a majority of the time. once again, i have bad vision and what happens is i dont lean too far back, i lean too far close, for example if im shooting at a spider across the fr i will get closer so i can see my bullets. but then i can't see the game as a whole, i am only aware of like a 3-4inch circle around my spider. so when i get these 100+ kills - i never have any idea why, because i dont see half of them, it's just a miracle of lucky positioning + dead sharks.

but i cant stress enough how bad my eyes are. you know that crappy will ferrell movie where he goes back in time and is being chased by a t-rex and he starts running in a zigzag pattern, stating that the t-rex can't track fast motions? well in the movie he's wrong but that's pretty much how i am irl. when cramming there's always that moment where 4-5 ships all explode for whatever reason, usually a repped mine, and every time that happens i lose track of my ship due to a visual information overload and half the time i dont die but i might as well be dead because im 100% useless while trying to reacquire my orientation.

which brings me to my last point, i think my biggest problem is i overthink the shit out of the game. it's probably all in my head, a hypothesis which is supported by the fact that i usually do my best after a hard night of partying where my brain is dead and my instincts take over, and i emerge from a haze with 3:1 recs.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

That's how I used to spid too, all on the right side of the keyboard. Do you use big bullets?
                      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

yeah check fast explosion. used to have that problem too when a lot of people would explode and i couldnt see anything
                        J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                        8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Recognize how much energy you have and whats coming towards you and you'll live

Play EG if you cant control your ship. I swear after playing EG basing for a month I had way better control of terrier.

Change your keydefs! Mine are crazy but pick something that works for you, mess with it, and then get used to it.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

snort a line of coke before league/ladder matches, might help.

other than that, you can get shipsets that put little lines or red dots infront of your ships to improve aim.

Comment

go in with a mindset that you don't give a fuck, because trying is worthless.
                              sigpic
                              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                              X