Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

operation get jerome good at subspace (real talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vati 4 prez
    J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
    8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

So Jerome what ship do you play again? I can make you good at any ship that isn't terrier :x
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
        For all hockey/speedball/testicularity, go into your settings and change shift-ctrl for repel to ctrl and change what was ctrl to shift-ctrl. The idea here being that you do not have to let go of shift to shoot the puck/ball at high speed. This is typically the magic you see taking you to pound town when hz peeps ?go tw.
        WTF REALLY?! Of course! I'm such a fool. I need to re-install this shit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
          So Jerome what ship do you play again? I can make you good at any ship that isn't terrier :x
          spider, though it seems odd that you wouldn't be good at terrier (unless you mean "good" in terms of being able to get alot of kills)

yesterday i found the bigbullets file and replaced my old bullets graphics (which i thought was the bigbullets gfx but it was something else) and it's made a world of difference. i've also tried slowing down - usually when im in spider ill be moving forwards or backwards at almost all times, but the last few games i've played, i slowed myself down a bit, and in doing so i could take in the situation much easier, and then choose a direction to push with targets already picked out. moving slower also makes it far easier to turn and meet enemies, and by slowing my game down i've noticed a significant improvement in the 1v1 battles. and in terms of mental exertion, it is far less taxing haha

it's all coming togetha~!
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Lol Vatican.

People here: "Lets be blind and lets certainly not question authority". Thats the American spirit alright
            (Children)>hunted for life
            (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
            :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
              spider, though it seems odd that you wouldn't be good at terrier (unless you mean "good" in terms of being able to get alot of kills)

yesterday i found the bigbullets file and replaced my old bullets graphics (which i thought was the bigbullets gfx but it was something else) and it's made a world of difference. i've also tried slowing down - usually when im in spider ill be moving forwards or backwards at almost all times, but the last few games i've played, i slowed myself down a bit, and in doing so i could take in the situation much easier, and then choose a direction to push with targets already picked out. moving slower also makes it far easier to turn and meet enemies, and by slowing my game down i've noticed a significant improvement in the 1v1 battles. and in terms of mental exertion, it is far less taxing haha

it's all coming togetha~!
              I've tried terrier a few times, I just kind of find it boring cause I like to *pew pew*.

All the graphics hacks and so on are not that important in my opinion. I used a custom bullet set for years (which I edited myself back in 1997) but then never bothered to reinstall it when I got a new computer. All in all, being good in subspace is:
              1) Situational awareness - basically in the simplest sense, only fight battles you know you can win for sure. If you're going to rush into a room massively outnumbered, you're going to die so don't do it (caveat: if you know the people you are rushing are all low on energy because of a bomb hit or whatever). If you're going to go one on one with someone don't fight if you're at half energy thinking that somehow you'll magically hit all your bullets and they'll miss all of theirs, because unless everything goes off perfectly... you're dead.

2) Don't stand in obviously bad areas - There's certain areas of the map which are prone to getting shot at. A lot of 'bad' players tend to linger around these areas, while 'good' players usually know these areas and lob bullets/bombs into them to get easy kills.

3) Corollary of #2 is shoot into areas where people tend to linger. Even if you blindly shoot, you will get kills. The only exception are those weird upper flagroom shots where you have to perfectly lined up to do it. Those are generally not worth your time because they are hard to set up, and you don't help your team.

4) It is more important to live than to die. Most people don't realize this. Not dying doesn't mean hiding in a corner and not shooting. It means trying your best to actually live because it takes a lot longer to respawn and get back to where you were than to recharge. A lot of people play subspace as if getting the kill is the most important thing they can do. This includes suiciding to try and get 2fers and so on. While it's kind of fun to do so unless there's exactly 2 enemies left (or one of them is a terrier) then you're wasting your effort.

5) Concentrate, concentrate, concentrate. The only way to be really good at anything in life is to try your best all the time. Any time you are playing 'for fun' (which generally means not caring) you are degrading your skills. If you want to actually get better, everytime you play, your mindset should be that you want to win and play better and better. Unless you do this, bad habits will be too hard to avoid and you will never get better.

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

your last point just doesn't work for me, epi. in real life, yes, i'll always try my best. in spaceships, the more i concentrate the more i fail. it's when i just relax and have some fun that i start to play much more smoothly.

and weed.

can't forget the weed.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                  also, how did I get involved in the spew?
                  I blame the temptation of the 'Reply With Quote' button.
                  Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                    sup,

so i used to be pretty terrible at this game and now i am ok at this game but that's not good enough, i would like to be great at this game

Dude, its too late, you will suck forever !
                    Keith> you don't need to eat human to eat meat.
                    Goddess> Keith
                    Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

(disown)> he loved to give head

Comment

Originally posted by Reab View Post
                      Dude, its too late, you will suck forever !
                      I just spent 6 pages writing about how Austria sucks forever, well at least sucked 1799-1815

so fu )
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Poor Austria was never the same after Mozart died

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

rock me amadeus

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by jerome scuggs View Post
                            sup,

so i used to be pretty terrible at this game and now i am ok at this game but that's not good enough, i would like to be great at this game
                            sorry let me interrupt guys lol.

Pretty terrible?

You are fking awful.
                            1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Working...
                            X