<ER>'s shouldn't have banG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <ER>'s shouldn't have banG

Ive been playing this game since 1996. I was banned today for the second time during that period.

I was banned by Connection <ER> for "teamkilling".

I wasnt teamkilling. Shame on you Connection.

Anyway. I dont think <ER>'s have the proper powers to deal appropriately with people who they think are teamkilling.

The fact of the matter is that after 7 years of playing subspace my javelin skills are woeful. I was merely trying some "new" shots. I happened to kill some teammates. Shit happens :eek:

I accidentally tked someone in the base. Without any word of a report, i was warned in green writing with a sound. Something along the lines of "this is a warning, do not teamkill".

The almost straight away i received the message "you are banned" from connection. He quickly explained after my protestations that this was going to be the case if I tked again (no shit sherlock).

AAAnyway, heading connections "advice" i switched ships to warbird and played in J12 for a while. I was bored of this so went back to javelin. Again i mistakenly killed a teammates in the base. About 2 minutes after this had happened I was disconnected.

Now my point is this. A mod would have been able to lock me in a ship. He would have been able to shipset me into something harmless, as I clearly wasnt teamkilling on purpose.

<ER> shouldnt have banG because they are too eager to ban people so they can show their "bosses" that they are ready to handle the responsibility of being a mod.

I was banned way too qucikly without patience or due respect.

Trench Wars used to be a fair place where the staff were the most professional around, now it seems this is not the case.
    1:ToRR <ZH>> i was a huge ass and i've really cut down to only like 25% of the ass i used to be

i've always said that the ER tag and BanG access should be independent of each other. some ER's are capable of handling responsibility, others aren't. if someone has proven to staff that they are mature, responsible, and fair... then they should have BanG, regardless if they're ZH/ER, etc.
    plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
      i've always said that the ER tag and BanG access should be independent of each other. some ER's are capable of handling responsibility, others aren't. if someone has proven to staff that they are mature, responsible, and fair... then they should have BanG, regardless if they're ZH/ER, etc.
      ZH shouln't have BanG. Do you know how how much abuse there could be. If all staff had that. Da Farmer!! is the most responsible person with Ban. <ER>s should be limited with bang. They should atleast ask for permission. And aproval...

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Incidentally you werent banned by Connection <ER>, as he has no possible way of banning you. Your were banned by an actual Moderator, not any lower ranking of staff. You were warned in green text by Connection since <ER>'s are unable to use the *warn function in public arenas.

If you have any further issue with this matter please email complaints@trenchwars.org as these forums arent the best place to get a matter resolved.

-THE PUSHER
        Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Now for my words of advice:

Don't go through life believing your tenure affords you immunity.
          Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Re: &lt;ER&gt;'s shouldn't have banG

Originally posted by Bailey of Paladen
            Ive been playing this game since 1996.
            HAY U R ELITE CONTINUUM SPACE VETERAN U HAVE FOUGHT IN MANY SPACE WARS AND LOST MANY LIMBS CAN I GET UR AUTOGRAPH
            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER
              I like that remark.

Owned without even using vulgarity.

Go Push.
              Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone else.

Comment

I agree with Gerbz. BanG should be given to anyone who is very trustworthy, mature, etc. If Spider was still a <ZH>, I would have given him BanG because I think he fits the description above. But for <ZH>s I wold limit it to level 4 BanG. (Because mods are the ones who are supposed to handle cheater calls). :]

Overall I am glad some <ER>s have BanG because on late nights or what have you, there are no mods. There would be no abuse of BanG if it was given to the right people that the Deans of Staff and smods trust.
                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                • Shark
                • Dicer
                • Sager
                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Re: &lt;ER&gt;'s shouldn't have banG

Ive been playing this game since 1996. I was banned today for the second time during that period.

I was banned by Connection <ER> for "teamkilling".

I wasnt teamkilling. Shame on you Connection.

Anyway. I dont think <ER>'s have the proper powers to deal appropriately with people who they think are teamkilling.

The fact of the matter is that after 7 years of playing subspace my javelin skills are woeful. I was merely trying some "new" shots. I happened to kill some teammates. Shit happens :eek:

I accidentally tked someone in the base. Without any word of a report, i was warned in green writing with a sound. Something along the lines of "this is a warning, do not teamkill".

The almost straight away i received the message "you are banned" from connection. He quickly explained after my protestations that this was going to be the case if I tked again (no shit sherlock).

AAAnyway, heading connections "advice" i switched ships to warbird and played in J12 for a while. I was bored of this so went back to javelin. Again i mistakenly killed a teammates in the base. About 2 minutes after this had happened I was disconnected.

Now my point is this. A mod would have been able to lock me in a ship. He would have been able to shipset me into something harmless, as I clearly wasnt teamkilling on purpose.

<ER> shouldnt have banG because they are too eager to ban people so they can show their "bosses" that they are ready to handle the responsibility of being a mod.

I was banned way too qucikly without patience or due respect.

Trench Wars used to be a fair place where the staff were the most professional around, now it seems this is not the case.

Comment

Incidentally you werent banned by Connection <ER>, as he has no possible way of banning you. Your were banned by an actual Moderator, not any lower ranking of staff. You were warned in green text by Connection since <ER>'s are unable to use the *warn function in public arenas.

If you have any further issue with this matter please email complaints@trenchwars.org as these forums arent the best place to get a matter resolved.

-THE PUSHER
                    Someone rename the thread: Moderator's shouldn't have BanG

And Bailey's arguement that they will misuse it has gone out the window.

Infact, the whole thread has.
                    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                    cool koen> :)
                    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                    cool koen> not because of a bug
                    EvoLd> Lol
                    Treachery> meh
                    EvoLd> why then?
                    PubAceR> women in power dont last
                    EvoLd> LOl
                    toaster oven reviews

Comment

I wasnt trying to show off louis, i cant think why you would think that was the case. I was merely setting the scene.

Shouldnt the person who banned me be the person who tells me that im banned?

I thought that the banning mod or <ER> had to see teamkilling twice before banning. Not just take anothers word for it.
                      1:ToRR <ZH>> i was a huge ass and i've really cut down to only like 25% of the ass i used to be

Comment

I wasnt trying to show off louis, i cant think why you would think that was the case. I was merely setting the scene.

Shouldnt the person who banned me be the person who tells me that im banned?

I thought that the banning mod or <ER> had to see teamkilling twice before banning. Not just take anothers word for it.

Comment

<ER>'s don't get BanG until they have been an <ER> for over 2 months, and you ussually don't get it until over 4. Even then, as an <ER> your BanG is limited. You can not take a call unless no other attending mod calls it, or no other mod is online. The point is <ER>'s with BanG are there for the times when no mods are online or available. Would you prefer to have teamkilling in pubs, teaming in elim, teaming in baseelim, refusal to fight in baseelim, refusal to figh in elim, racism in any arena, spamming in any arena, and so on running rampant because you don't think <ER>'s are experianced enough? You rely on the mods to keep things running smoothly, and if they are not present, you will have to rely on some one.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Now for my words of advice:

Nice pusher.

Comment

Yeh its a nice quote but i dont see the relevance of the quote to the situation.

Sure i was once staff but I dont think that makes me imune to the rules of the game.

I wasnt doing anything wrong. I shouldnt have been banned.

Comment

Working...
                              X