getting sick of music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting sick of music

is it impossible not to get sick of music, or am i just impatient and ADD? what makes me like a song is something that sticks out about it that i like the sound of... but after listening for a while it ceases to amaze me (sometimes i can measure if i like a song by whether or not it gives me goosebumps or the chills) and i guess i get sick of the song.

i would experiement, but i dont want to ruin any songs in my mind by getting sick of them. if i listened to one song or cd that i liked say 40 times in a row would i be incredibly sick of it or would i still like it? what are your opinions on getting sick of songs?
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

I've heard that hip hop and rap get old on a consistent basis, while on the contrare people still prefer classic rock over anything, and they've been listening to say Zeppelin or Floyd for 30+ years.

Of course it all leads to preference.

If you want to try a different genre all together, I suggest many Baroque composers who will play a certain theme at most 3 times in one part of the piece. But if you don't already have an ear for classical music...it'll be hard to get one, you just kind of have to fall head first into it if you really want to enjoy it. Also, people have been listening to Baroque since the 1800s, that obviously doesn't get old.
    Ну вот...

Comment

I get sick of (mainstream) music, but not music altogether...

I'd have to agree with AE that the "best" music is before the 1980s, classic rock mainly. Like good literature from past centuries; if it's still entertaining people now then it has to be good in order to stand the test of time. I'm not saying music is literature, I'm saying the best stuff can easily walk through the sands of time unscathed.

and hint: don't ever listen to the same song 40 times in a row, maybe that's why you're sick of it? Or just get your head out of MTV, there is honestly so much better music there.
      Hope you find your music niche as I did!
      hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
      !

Comment

i listen to the same song 40 times in a row all the time. its called trance.

zing! j/k spy, paul, ttunes

I don't get sick of a song after listening to it on repeat all day, I simply memorize the music in my head. So whenevr I feel like playing it, I only listen to a few seconds because I can already "hear" the whole song in my head. Regardless, that does detract somewhat from the listening experience.
        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

I listened to Monster Magnet's tab ten times in a row. It was pretty cool, still.

Comment

Pearl Jam baby, yeah!
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I get sick of a song when:
              1) I hear it for the first time and don't like it
              2) When I've heard it enough times that I know how the song goes in general and there is nothing "surprising" in it
              3) Never. The good old songs are still good old songs.
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

and hint: don't ever listen to the same song 40 times in a row, maybe that's why you're sick of it? Or just get your head out of MTV, there is honestly so much better music there.
                thats the thing heh. mtv? do they even play music any more? that's a station i fly right over when im surfing. and i dont think i have even heard any 311 song much more than 40 times, and they are my favorite band by far and i have only listened to them for a year and a half.
                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                apt>na
                apt>ill show you pictures
                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

im not usually a very loud man in real life, so my favorite sort of music seems to be real angry music.

thursday, grade, cursive etc.

but i guess my brain gets used to it after while, so i altenrate every week from hardcore to floyd/pearl jam/flaming lips. I could put "given to fly" on rpeeat for 3 years and never get sick of it
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
                    I've heard that hip hop and rap get old on a consistent basis, while on the contrare people still prefer classic rock over anything, and they've been listening to say Zeppelin or Floyd for 30+ years.

Of course it all leads to preference.
                    i agree with this. i have listened to rap before and most of it just gets old so fast (that's a personal thing though, i'm not trying to say what i listen to is better than rap). the only rap artists that really stick with me are outkast, dr. dre, nwa, and jurassic 5. beastie boys too if you wanna count them. however, i can still appreciate some other rap songs occasionally i just can't listen to them forever.

on the other hand, i don't really get tired of music that i like in the first place. for example, i've liked 311 and rage against the machine since i was in 6th grade (6 years) and i still can listen to any of their cds with great ease (hold rage's last album--it blows). i've had many favourite bands/artists since i've been listening to music and for the most part, i can still listen to all of them.

Comment

Who watches MTV anyway?
                      Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                        im not usually a very loud man in real life, so my favorite sort of music seems to be real angry music.

thursday, grade, cursive etc.

Emo is NOT good music
                        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

post-emo hardcore is.
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

...No.

Hardcore anything besides ska is horrible - ESPECIALLY EMO.
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

maybe u just need a few more bands to listen to, if u like 311 check out a 'band' called vast, i say 'band' coz its just one guy! well hope i helped, maybe you already listen to them tho
                              -Sponic

Comment

Working...
                              X