• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vast is nothing like 311.

Comment

Michael Jackson's music is awesome.

Comment

they dont have to sound the same for him to appreciate them, i am just offering him something he may not of heard before...
        -Sponic

Comment

311 is much different from Vast.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

why do you shitfaces turn a discussion about music into "this band sucks" and "this kind of music sucks" every fucking time?

as far as getting sick of music... I think it's only natural for songs to lose their meaning if you hear it constantly. If you listen to a broad range of music, you just listen to whatever seem appropriate for the mood that you're in.

As far as classic rock being better because it seems ot have more lasting value, I don't think that's true at all. Most teenagers now will still be listening to a lot of the current music when they're 40. It reminds you of good times, and like it or not, after a certain age, a lot of people stop discovering new music. they hear new stuff and they think "this new music is all garbage, why aren't there any good bands like phil collins anymore?" You just like what you grew up with.

Your grandparents probably still like the same music that they grew up with, does that make it better than classic rock because it's been around longer?
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

bz, its the popular cool kid thing to make fun of emo. so we have to put down emo music at all costs.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Everyone just thinks their music taste is the "best" and that their opinion is somehow important.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

its the total opposite in Connecticut
                  It is cool to like Emo.
                  Thats why I hate it so much.
                  Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                  sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                    Everyone just thinks their music taste is the "best" and that their opinion is somehow important.
                    Ah, but it is important. The mistake is thinking that it's important to everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                      its the total opposite in Connecticut
                      It is cool to like Emo.
                      Thats why I hate it so much.
                      That's a really good reason to hate music. Don't bother listening to it, just base your opinon on what everyone else thinks.

Comment

Well im getting sick of metallica for some reason, im getting into jazz and stuff O.o
                        A man who desires nothing is invincible.

Comment

I'm never sick of my Jay Chou and S.H.E
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie

As far as classic rock being better because it seems ot have more lasting value, I don't think that's true at all. Most teenagers now will still be listening to a lot of the current music when they're 40. It reminds you of good times, and like it or not, after a certain age, a lot of people stop discovering new music. they hear new stuff and they think "this new music is all garbage, why aren't there any good bands like phil collins anymore?" You just like what you grew up with.

Your grandparents probably still like the same music that they grew up with, does that make it better than classic rock because it's been around longer?
                            To this, I first say "let's wait and see".

But in the mean time, popular music from this decade will not last all that long. It's too much like the 80s...most people in the mainstream are only out to make a name for themselves, and they're producing crap while at it. I don't think the mainstream music from this decade will last.

Seemingly, starting in the 70s, a good wave of mainstream music has skipped a decade consistently. The 70s were good, the 80s sucked, the 90s brought out many genres today, but in a way...they started the mainstream crap we have now. Consider this, young people are finding the music from the 70s entertaining just as much as anyone else, but practically no one is rediscovering the 80s mainstream, of course there's the dedicated 80s fan, but those people generally grew up in the 80s (point brought up by BZ). The thing is, that no one new is discovering that music, so it will be forgotten...the good stuff will stand the test of time. I personally don't think that today's mainstream is the good stuff, we'll have to wait till 2010, but like I said before, I could be wrong...we'll just have to wait and see.
                            Ну вот...

Comment

I mostly agree with all of that, but I think in a way, we're talking about two different things.

You read the word "mainstream" into the thread, and I can see how/why you did, but I just wasn't thinking of it like that. I was just thinking that there's a good chance, that if you're 40, and you find a station that plays all the songs you loved when you were 18, you're gonna tune in.

Rock came on suddenly and strongly when the white people started doing it and it hit mainstream suburban white kids. All that beebop elvis shit was hated by parents and it was intense at the time, because it was irreverant and you weren't supposed to shake your ass like that. If you wanted to rebel, you listened to rock. then the 60's brought drugs into the mainstream, and the music went along with it, if you did drugs, and you wanted to rebel, you listened to rock. the 70's brought the first major split with disco. Now you've got two options. fast forward to now, and there's about a billion genres and sub-genres that people love. of course bands like the doors will never be forgottten, the entire focus of a generation was on one type of music, that will probably never happen again.

Comment

beatles or the stones?
                                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X