Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm bored. I want to watch a movie. What should I watch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casablanca - I can always watch this movie

13 Conversations About One Thing - I just rented this. A movie with 5 semi-connected stories (think Magnolia). All the stories are about the same sort of a "what is contentment/happiness- fate/meaning in life" idea. Sort of has a depressing tone.

Comment

Kids

^disturbingly powerful. disturbingly indie.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Watch "Shortcuts" instead if you want connected stories.

The movie Happiness is good, but fucked up.
        Brazil is worth watching, although I'd be amazed if you hadn't seen it already.
        True Romance was an enjoyable movie that no one has ever seen.
        None of these are really indie.

The last three "indie, i.e. I saw them in artsy theater" movies I've seen were Donnie Darko, Cowboy Bebop the movie, and Gigantic-A tale of two Johns (documentary about they might be giants). All worth seeing, although I'm aware you've seen donnie darko.

Kids is good but I'm sure he's seen it

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
          Clerks
          Is the worst of the 5 kevin Smith movies.

Boondock Saints is a good watch if you've never seen it.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Visitor Q
            Audience
            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel

The movie Happiness is good, but fucked up.

You should definitely see Happiness, Jason. It's worth donating a testicle for
              jee

Comment

Watch airplane AGAIN, its still funny after the 50th time you've seen it
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

clerks was brilliant, better than 'jay and silent bob strike back', tho that was quite funny.
                  -Sponic

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
                    Visitor Q
                    Audience
                    audience is good tho visitor q was just disturbing..
                    alive and versus are 2 good jap movies...

Comment

Just watch the rain falling down from the sky...die hard actio baby, yeah!
                      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by RiP
                        audience is good tho visitor q was just disturbing..
                        alive and versus are 2 good jap movies...
                        Did you have your head in a blender during Versus? That's the only way I can see you possibly being like, "Hey! This movie isn't so bad!" That's one god awful POS right there.

Hollywood, but old enough that you might not have seen them:
                        -Sunset Boulevard
                        -The Big Sleep (Humphrey Bogart)
                        Both two really awesome black and white flicks.

For cult, check out Death Race 2000 (David Caradeen and Sylvester Stallone in the same movie!)

And if you want to head east I suggest Bullet in the Head or Full Time Killer.

Comment

Yeah, I have been renting on average 6 movies a week for like the past year or so. Most of the movies aren't that good. The word 'most' is probably an understatement, but anyways ...

I found the following movies interesting ... well, at least not that boring *shrug*

You probably have seen some of them.

1) Final Fantasy X

It is NOT the hollywood version "spirit within". This one is the Japanese 8 hours long movie about Yuna and Tidos defeating Sin.

I kind of liked it. I am not sure you can get hold on a copy of this.

2) X-files (season 1 and 2)

3) Dead man walking

4) Dangerous Liaisons
                          Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Donnie Darko
                            and Amelie was good
                            7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                            1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                            8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                            Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                            Piston> I own in belim
                            6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

jason....i know your a sick and twisted individual...

taking that under consideration....

if you want a movie, i think you can chuckle to over

its a little older, but worth it

Midnight Run

Robert DeNiro
                              Charles Grodin

great drinking movie, and funnier each time you watch it and pick up more of the smaller humour

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Didn't Amelie win every fucking award out there? But yeah every post people are saying stuff like 'Braveheart' or 'Gladiator' which is exactly what jason didn't ask for. I bet people read the title of the thread and didn't even read his post which cleary states:

Originally posted by Jason
                                Bear in mind, I've seen a shitload of movies, so if you're going to recommend something, don't recommend any of that mainstream hollywood shit. I'd like to check out a nice indie flick.
                                Last edited by Cops; 11-26-2003, 06:49 PM.
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X