To any teachers out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To any teachers out there

I'm supposed to practise making lesson plans for school, but unfortunately our teacher's ill so we haven't gotten any examples of lesson plans. So I'm asking all the teachers(or people who just happen to like making lesson plans) out there to help me make one :P or to give me some tips on how to make one. I'd reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally appreciate any help I'd get.
    TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Keep the gay sex to a minimum
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I'm not a teacher and I've had only minimal teaching experience (fourth graders), but here's what I would do.

Make a simple list of what you're going to teach (duh). The hard part is making sure you have enough material to fill up a teaching session. I don't see what else there is to it. Maybe do it in an outline format so you have concepts, then elaboration on these concepts under them.
      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Just have a pizza party, those rock.
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

We're supposed to use this but I could really use some extra material.

And pizza parties are too expensive :/

Comment

troll kings the man you need

Comment

I know, but there might actually be other people who have to make lesson plans

Comment

Depending on your regional educational standards, what is expect on a lesson plan may be very specific. The key though is that any other teacher can pick up your lesson plan and should know exactly what you wanted done.

Some general things you should include are:

Introductory stuff - Course title, class number, unit title, date, your name, etc...

Purpose - What is the general topic / purpose of that lesson? This should be a one or two sentence statement. It can be fairly general (just don't make too general).

Curriculum Expectations - What parts of the curriculum do you want covered? Be very specific here about what items you covered. This will help you in the long run when someone asks you if you've ever covered such and such, and also when you're planning a unit so you know what's been covered and what needs to be covered. Also don't be afraid to be very specific or very loose with this. Even though you might be covering something from one unit, there might be an overlap with an expectation from another unit. Put that down too. (eg: if your lesson is on fractions, you're also teaching them division. If your class is debating whether or not Hamlet is truly insane, they are also practicing their public speaking.) If your expectations are listed in your curriculum documents by codes, it's okay to just put the code numbers instead of writing out "divided numbers of two or more digits"

Materials - What will you use to teach this lesson? List everything that you use, even if it seems obvious. If you are going to write on the chalkboard, then mention the chalkboard. And chalk. If you are using a text book, list the book and edition (if you're assigning for homework page 134 of your text, that page might be a fractions unit in this year's edition, but it might be a graphing unit in next year's.) If you use handouts, list the title of the handout and the source if you did not make it yourself.

Process - Describe the steps of your lesson, describing how you plan the class to proceed. Include details like "briefly review yesterday's material" or "collect assignments as students enter the class". Go through all the steps you intend to take, jotting down examples you want to use, and describe how you will use the materials you've listed. Provide a rough estimate of how much time each part of your lesson will take up (be sure that the total estimated time is reasonable and try to leave yourself 5 minutes of leeway.)

Don't worry if the actual class period doesn't follow the process to the letter. In fact, I can pretty much tell you that it probably won't. That's why teachers are always talking about the differences between theory and practice.

You may also include any homework you assign in this section or in a separate section. Generally, if it's pretty general (eg: pg 134, questions 1-4, 8 and 13) you can lump it onto the process section. If it's more detailed (eg: read chapters 4 and 5 and provide a summary of covalent bonds) then you might want a separate section.

Evaluation - List any methods of evaluation or assessment you will perform during the lesson. This may include anything from the marks of a quiz or to your personal observations on a student's progress.

It's also a good idea to leave yourself a little space to write down some notes during the lesson itself so you can look back on it later and see what you've changed or what happened that you didn't expect. It's good practice to to write down personal reflections on how the lesson went, and depending on what you're told, you may or may not want to include file this with your lesson plan.

Try to make yourself a template that you can use again and again. That keeps your plans organized and uniform, plus it makes it easier the more you do.
                Last edited by Troll King; 12-18-2003, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Oooo thank you TK

Comment

Troll King- Is there anything you can't do?
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                      Troll King- Is there anything you can't do?
                      Yah the one he wants most... Yungsta.
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

That's because you keep hoarding (whore-ding) him for yourself.

Comment

Teaching is pretty cool.
                          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Damn TK ur to smart for ur own good. U do know there is a fine line between genious and insanity right? :P
                            3:disown> some dude just honked at me
                            3:waven> if i get any more medals its gonna crash the site
                            3:disown> pulling him over
                            3:disown> fukin clown
                            3:Revolt> you driving?
                            3:disown> yes
                            3:disown> at work
                            3:Revolt> ??
                            3:tmac <ZH>> the fuk
                            3:Revolt> in police car
                            3:disown> pulling him over, one sec
                            3:tmac <ZH>> LOL
                            3:Revolt> playing trench wars?
                            3:Revolt> ?????????
                            3:disown> yes got a dell in here
                            3:tmac <ZH>> pro
                            3:disown> im alttabbed on chat

Comment

What's so impressive about that? It's like, but not as complex as, an accountant explaining how to fill a tax form. Sure it might be confusing to most other people, but they're expected to be able to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X