senior privileges in HS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verthanthi
    My #1 and #2 are CMU and U Washington. After that, in random order: U Oregon, U Wisconsin Madison, and U Cal Berkley.

You aren't going to get into any of those schools. Good luck though. I go to Bucknell. It is better than most of those schools. You should look into it. But, if you want to continue to play ss, it is not the place for you. Too laggy, I am now a forum whore, sort of like Fordham's own "Annux."
    2: DaNuMbA1OrGaZmO> virginia is where all faggots are from that wear a condum

Overwhelm> Maisoul used to be a loser
    Overwhelm> then he joined paladen and became leet ;)

Comment

Um, what makes you say that, even though you don't know me? With the exception of U Cal Berkley (I'm not a resident of California), I stand a pretty good chance. CMU will probably be pretty tough, too. As far as Bucknell is concerned, It's CS department looks pretty m'eh. I don't think I'll be looking there.

Comment

My brother goes to CMU, it's only 20 minutes from my house. I was debating between going to CS in CMU or Cornell, ended up going with Cornell so I can say I go to an Ivy League school and be pompous and arrogant to everyone I know. Honestly I just didn't want to go to the same school as my brother.

CMU has one of the very best CS departments in the nation, based on your other choices... honestly if you apply to CMU I would suggest applying to another department besides CS. My brother got in as an electrical engineer after getting rejected from CS (I think he had 1510 SATs). I got in for CS at CMU but I'm all special. Anyway, Bucknell was one of the schools he visited, but I don't think it's a good CS school. But hey, don't worry about it and just do something besides CS. Too many ugly girls in CS.

One of my neighbors is a professor at CMU. Slip me some cash and we'll get you in.
        Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 08-27-2002, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
          Too many ugly girls in CS.
          There are girls in CS? Seriously, in all my four+ years, I probably saw about three in the entire department.
          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
            Um, what makes you say that, even though you don't know me? With the exception of U Cal Berkley (I'm not a resident of California), I stand a pretty good chance. CMU will probably be pretty tough, too. As far as Bucknell is concerned, It's CS department looks pretty m'eh. I don't think I'll be looking there.

I was invited to attend CMU, but I declined the offer. Bucknell has the like 3rd or 4th best engineering dept in the country, or something ridiculous like that. It is an awesome place to learn. The people at CMU are all nerds and ugly asian chicks. It is in a sweet location though. Gl with getting into the schools you want.
            2: DaNuMbA1OrGaZmO> virginia is where all faggots are from that wear a condum

Overwhelm> Maisoul used to be a loser
            Overwhelm> then he joined paladen and became leet ;)

Comment

Sleepy, if SAT scores are all that counts, I'm in If they just look at the grades I get in my CS classes at High school, I'm in. If they lok at teacher reports, I should be good. If they actually ask to see some code, THEN I get into trouble. U Washington has a pretty good CS department, though it's not as good as CMU's. The thing is, it has a couple of courses in video games, which is what I think I want to do with myself. P.S. What year is your brother? I have a few friends in the CS department there.

Ennui, Thanks for the good luck wish, but I'm pretty sure the location is one of the downsides of attending CMU.

Comment

I have some fond memories of senior yr:

1.being able to sleep another 15mins cuz you have a car and everyone else gets on the losercruiser
                2.being able to pull off some sort of prank and have it be acceptable
                3.you graduating. Everyone else still has a yr or 2 or 3 left
                4.most of us have been accepted to colleges later in the yr. We laugh as you take the SAT and fill out forms for college
                5.not needing to care for the second semester of grades after you recieve your acceptance letter.

-bio
                TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

Working...
                X