No announcement yet.

I guess now is as good a time as any...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess now is as good a time as any...

First of all, to all you people who instinctively reply to religious threads with "there is no god" or "organized religion is evil", don't. Save that for other threads, this is more or less my farewell, for trash talk...start a new thread in the Trash Talk forum please, that's what it's for. Don't care? Don't reply.

Back in September, I sent off some papers to my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and in November, I received a reply. It said:

"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You will serve in the Russia Yekaterinburg mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months. Report to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on February 11, 2004."

It said other stuff, but that's what I was really waiting for. So what does that mean? It means in less than a month (February 11) I'm heading out to Provo, Utah. I'll spend about 2 months there learning a lot of things including Russian. Then straight on, I'll get sent to Yekaterinburg, Russia. Yekaterinburg is a large city that rests at the southern part of the Ural Mountains in Russia...it's on the western borders of Siberia. There I'll teach (with other missionary companions) about the gospel of Jesus Christ for two years.

I don't expect to have access to a computer, and if I did...I would only use it for email, so that means I'm leaving SS and this forum for at least (if not forever) 2 years.

And my stock answers for stock questions:
    Yes, I'm excited.
    Yes, it's cold there.
    When I come back, I plan to go to Fullsail
    I can only call home twice a year, Mother's Day and Christmas. I rely on letters and packages instead.

So, I'm not leaving yet...I expect the days preceding the 11th I probably won't come on here because I'll be busy with friends and what not, but for now...I'm still here to answer any questions and what not. If for any reason you're interested in contacting me, I can get you an address (a real one, not an email) and that'll be the best way to communicate, at least for now.

Thanks for any respect you guys show, and a warm punch in the stomach for anyone who obviously hasn't read Miss. Manners.
    Ну вот...

Cya Ae have fun in Russia

PS - send me ur xbox and pc

Comment

I'll miss you Aen. Good luck on your preaching. (Psst...)
      LA

Comment

Bye Aen, it was nice knowing you. Keep in touch if you can.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

<3rd grade yearbook autograph note>

lates man. you're a cool guy.

</3rd grade yearbook autograph note>
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

if you show up on my porch one day trying to sell shit, i'm going to punch you. very hard.
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

You leaving is an absolute godsend.

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                You leaving is an absolute godsend.
                Har.
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Touché. I admire your commitment to your religion - it IS a rarity these days to see a person so commited - perhaps your conviction is your greatest weapon against us heathens. In any case, I wish you well on your exploits, even though I find preaching questionable.

oh btw... there is no god. organized religion is evil.
                  TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                  TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                  TelCat> i dont

Comment

Aw, you'll be missed Dk -- stay warm and keep safe

Comment

holy shit, is that ever admirable...
                      i dunno what to say, good luck?
                      Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

wow man, good luck.
                        HuMMeR> I bathe in my own dissappointment

Comment

Well that's great, good for you dude. It's a bit tough having to learn Russian in only 2 months though.
                          You said you will be teaching people about religion, does that include trying to convert people of another faith to your faith? I can understand teaching religion to people who have no religion, and are willing to listen, but trying to convert someone from one religion to another is a bit wrong. I'm not criticising, just wondering if that's what is done these days.

Comment

so there is a God somewhere out there?! I'm pretty sure there isn't...sorry... If you can prove me that there is a God I might find it useful that you go all the way to russia
                            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Gluck and have fun Ae ... you'll prob learn a lot about life ... keep cool dude =D. We'll be here when you come back.

Comment

Working...
                              X