• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wont take ne flamers seriously anymore, thx for some moral support guys

Comment

NINJA'D

Comment

Originally posted by Rill
        you know what you fuckers, words words words ya, i did do this words words so i could be an ER words words.
        i did take it a bit to hard, and for that and everybody here im sorry,words words I will probably still play Trench Wars, it might just take a while to get back on.
        If it'd been a starter for dueling, elims, basing, zombies, fishies, dodgeball, pretty much anything constructive at all, I think some people would have probably cracked a couple jokes, but it wouldn't have been nearly the offensive level. He chose like something that like a ton of people actually hate, and so he not only plays it, he wants to help get other people into playing it too. As if LT'ing is somehow good for much of anything but annoying lots of people at a time. A better and yet almost impossible guide that I'd like to see him or almost anyone write is: "How to Play Leviathan or Javelin Without Teamkilling"
        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Ive hear it already Sarien, Yu dnt have to listen to the guide, i just did it because i was bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
            A better and yet almost impossible guide that I'd like to see him or almost anyone write is: "How to Play Leviathan or Javelin Without Teamkilling"
            actually that's a good suggestion for rill to add to his LT guide. i think he should include some information about frequency management to keep teamkilling at zero.

out of common courtesy and ban-avoidance, LTs should go private, or visually confirm that you're firing at an area where no team members exist before firing. this is essential for a guide aimed at noobs, because there are few things more aggravating than a totally noob lev or LT that keeps tk'ing your base terr. another suggestion is to create 2-3 macros that announce where you are firing. for example: "LEV FIRING AT FLAG ROOM ENTRANCE IN 5 SEC..." then people know not to suddenly fly there and accidentally get tk'd. basically, the lev should learn to communicate with the rest of the team to keep frustration at a minimum. if i was a levi in the FR, and there were some nme's approaching the entrance, and my wb teamate was near the entrance preparing to defend, i'd ask him to move out of the way so i could fire at the entrance risk-free. appropriate communication is essential to conflict management.

of course, regardless of how infrequently levs and LT's teamkill, people are still going to hate them. but i think the most important thing is to refrain from lending to the destruction of your own team. that just ruins the fun for everyone.

Comment

I've never met a LT I couldn't kill in under 1 minute with my trusty wb. The problem with guides on the forums, is except for a very small handful of people everyone on the forum already knows how to play, and plays beyond the level of just searching the map looking for set shots and such which is really the only things guides can teach people in my opinion.

Comment

Ignore post if you are an elitist prick

You'd be suprised how easy it is not to TK in javs if you just think about what you're doing before you do it. It comes down to just considering there are other people on your team who are in all probability, quite capable at eliminating a target without you busting up the show.

Things to remember are:
                Bullets in base, especially when your target is already being swarmed by teammates.
                No bombs fired near your terr.
                Use proven set up shots, none of this shoot-on-the-fly crap.
                And minimise ent shot when enemy sharks are pushing and teammates are cramming.

I speak from experience. The second most annoying thing for a shark in pure pub is javs raining down and making impact on the only enemy that happens to be anywhere near you, killing you both, as if they had a right to TK you without apology just because they took the time to set up a shot from a safe distance while you do all the grunt work in ent.

Of course, this being the forums where everyone registered automatically qualifies as a veteran, you should know this already. Or perhaps you've never been the considerate kind, in which case your parents didn't do a good job teaching you about ethics and I hope they do a better job with their next child.

Anyway. Not bored anymore. Perhaps next time I'll write up an idiots guide to sharking. God knows some people could benefit from it if they bothered to read the forums, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                  I've never met a LT I couldn't kill in under 1 minute with my trusty wb. The problem with guides on the forums, is except for a very small handful of people everyone on the forum already knows how to play, and plays beyond the level of just searching the map looking for set shots and such which is really the only things guides can teach people in my opinion.
                  Word

Comment

The second most annoying thing for a shark in pure pub is javs raining down and making impact on the only enemy that happens to be anywhere near you, killing you both, as if they had a right to TK you without apology just because they took the time to set up a shot from a safe distance while you do all the grunt work in ent.
                    I would hate to know what your most annoying thing is Rudy. Being tked by javs while trying to mine/keep people out of the fr entrance keeps me from sharking more often. It gets even better when they have the gaul to yell at you for not clearing mines, something you've been unable to do thanks to the tk rain coming down. Frell that.

On second thought, the only thing that could possibly be more annoying is having people that have NO BUISNESS in a shark, switch to it because you're getting a decent amount of kills and they use up all the team mines in the process. It's even better when they bunch all of their mines together at the entrance so it's one big tk orgy when *one* rep goes off.

Better stop there, otherwise I'll end up writing an entire fucking page about this.
                    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
                    -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KontroLz> afk, enema
                    Oen Izan> yes I am , buy a me a happy meal , you score :X
                    Oen Izan> you know I dont do one night stands
                    Oen Izan> cuz if ya puttin out , I am coming back

Comment

I meant almost impossible only because of the people, not the physics. I know it's not actually that hard not to TK, sure, accidents happen, but what makes it so bloody frustrating and seem impossible, is in a pub when you've got (yes I've seen this) upwards of 6 or 8 javs in the flagroom, and you're trying to shark or do -anything- and anytime an enemy shows up, the entire flagroom turns into bombfest - 2004. It's even more frustrating when you say "ffs.. can some of the javs please play a spider or at LEAST move down into midbase?" and get told as a reply that you have no right to tell them what ship to play or where to play it. In short the guide is only mostly improbable I guess because either a jav will be a decent jav and do what they can to not TK.. or they simply wouldn't listen anyway.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

You got it straight off. I take down the names of all those intrusive wankers and add them to my black list which I ritually spit and curse at with all the fury of a disgruntled voodoo priest.
                        LTs were less of a pest because they at least discouraged people from sharking when it meant they couldn't hurriedly shoot back at it. And they didn't leech off your mines either.

Comment

Tking javs are much more annoying than leviterrs, especially if you're a shark. At least with LTs, they won't be firing every 5 seconds or so. Plus for every levi threat, there are at least 3 ("friendly") javs to worry about more.

And jav entrance shots don't do much that well placed mines don't already do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                            Tking javs are much more annoying than leviterrs, especially if you're a shark. At least with LTs, they won't be firing every 5 seconds or so. Plus for every levi threat, there are at least 3 ("friendly") javs to worry about more.

And jav entrance shots don't do much that well placed mines don't already do better.
                            Too many newbs are trying jav shots when they dont know how to pull them off, i think base was the best every arena created now the numbers can be controlled and its only the good that play/creating a better challenge.

Comment

Did anyone else find Rill's temper tantrum to be mildly amusing?

And TKs should die, k thx!

Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                              1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Working...
                              X