new event type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new event type

Just leaving this here for whoever, since an event of this type doesn't make sense in my zone;

If you've ever played day of defeat, a half-life mod, you'll recognize this style of gameplay: basically it is turf (flags are capturable but not movable), and game is played with 2 teams. Map should be balanced so teams have equal access to flag areas, but not necessarily symetric. The flags are areas that are difficult to guard from NEAR the flag, but there are defendable positions surrounding the flag. Traditionally you'd want 5 flags; one near each team's small spawn area, one fairly close (and a good bet to defend), and then a swing flag in the middle.

You also want the spawn to be a safe place for only the team who spawns there: maybe you spawn and then there are 2-3 different warp squares to send you towards your first flag, so people can't camp the spawn.

There is a set spawn period; for instance, every 15 seconds. If you die right after a spawn, you must wait the whole time - if you die right before a spawn, you spawn right away, etc. I'm fairly certain this is possible with a bot; it has an internal timer and changes the settings every 'tick' so that if there are 7 seconds left, it makes your spawn time 7 seconds.

Anyway, what this serves to do is create "waves" of reinforcements. The idea is to win the game by pushing the enemy back and seizing their territory before enough reinforcements come back, etc. This creates some incentive to keep people "off front lines" incase something bad happens, and also gives the opportunity for real team work.

Anyway, just felt like suggesting this; posting here since none of my usual tw-dev contacts are online. Please point them in the direction of this thread.
    Last edited by Live-Wire; 03-19-2004, 04:03 AM.
    - Live-Wire

Permission Denied
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Sounds like Battlefield. It's cool.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I miss DoD. I hate this dialup. :[
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Actually we are working on something similar, its gonna be huge.
          MSN: cb3itsme@gmail.com
          http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=Rinse.jpg

Comment

Is it just like the metal gear zone just with a rule of spawning that i dont really get....

Comment

I dunno what I can and cant say, But it wont be done for a while, its completely different then the other zones and we are implementing things we havent tried before, so it should be fun (I use smilies way to fucking much )
              MSN: cb3itsme@gmail.com
              http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=Rinse.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rinse
                I dunno what I can and cant say, But it wont be done for a while, its completely different then the other zones and we are implementing things we havent tried before, so it should be fun (I use smilies way to fucking much )
                it'll probably fail, anything that requires effort always does

Comment

It's gonna be a matter of time before the map makers come up with a map that's 20 megs large. Don't mind me saying, cuz I'd certainly like to see that happen
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.

Comment

This even seems will work.

I have seen turf in warzone zone, it's awesome.
                    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                    TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                    Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                    1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                    4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                    1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Combat Pit.

Comment

I thought there was a 5mb size limit for maps...

Originally posted by Disliked
                        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I thought that was completely irrelevant.
                          sage

Comment

Working...
                          X