Automated TournyBot first launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated TournyBot first launch

Tournament is one of the popular events of Trench Wars. Some people wanted this event hosted 24/7, and now this is possible!

Thanks to player Sika, who provides us with the basics of the bot we have now the first version avaible for the public. You will find the automated tournament by typing ?go tourny in Trench Wars ofcourse.
    This version still can be a little bit buggy, and we would appreciate if you give your support in the designated forum thread!

To prevent overhosting, Trench Wars staff have decided to let the bot run only in the weekends from around Friday 9AM (9.00) EST till Sunday 11PM (23.00) EST.

-Rodge
    Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 07-09-2004, 09:04 AM.
    Greets,
    Roger

Just played it. It worked great! Brilliant idea and well done to Sika + Jacen and whoever else did it, for implementing it!

One thing: Is there going to be a function which makes the bot PM the players with their current duel score, after each death. It would be exactly the same as ?go duel so not too hard to implement?

Just a suggestion.

EDIT: I personally think there are too many rocks in each duel box.
    Last edited by unrealistic; 07-11-2004, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I'd say we remove the stupid ships, like the weasels, levi's, and sharks.

Also there is a spot of doom:

If you touch it you warp back to the starting point.

And sometimes when you are in the '10 second preperation fase' it just keeps warping you like a mofo.

And sometimes someone goes on all the way to the finals, without having played one round.

EDIT: I forgot, but the voting system sometimes fails to count properly.

That was it.
      Last edited by Nycle; 07-09-2004, 11:45 AM.

Comment

lol nycle
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

what's that: spot of doomed
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
            what's that: spot of doomed
            Originally posted by Nycle

If you touch it you warp back to the starting point.

there ya go
            Code:
            1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
            1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
            1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
            1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
            1:lnx> kk
            1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

I like it

I got in round 6 by default

Comment

what about Phrenitis (guy who made the map) and ohh...who's that guy?....jacen solo! who fixed up the bot and wrote in 99% of the warp coords perfectly
                Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacen Solo
                  what about Phrenitis (guy who made the map) and ohh...who's that guy?....jacen solo! who fixed up the bot and wrote in 99% of the warp coords perfectly
                  Thumbs up to you as well! :up:

Comment

yeah GJ
                    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Chill out.

Comment

lol spot of doom
                        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                        Philos> there is something about you
                        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

YOU ARE ALL DOOOOOOMED! wooooooooooooh

BE GONE INTRUDERS! BURN IN HELL!

SATAN

Comment

I personally would like to thank Jacen Solo, as I was present to see him fix many of the issues with this bot.

Though- if what InCure says is true- it seems as if the bye system has not yet been fixed. Is this so?
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

yea, we're not quite sure how to fix that....i'm trying to think of a way, hopefully we'll get it done soon. and i told sika how to make the bot randomize the lineup, if 8 people went in one game, then the next game only those same 8 people went in, the bot would set up the matches the exact same way

got a new book today, Java 2 Database Programming for DUMMIES. So i'll read thru it and try to add a thing to keep scores if you guys want...some people like to be able to prove they got skillz, other people just wanna mess around and have fun, feel free to leave ur 2 cents
                              Last edited by Ikrit; 07-11-2004, 04:10 PM.
                              Ban Ikrit

Comment

Working...
                              X