No announcement yet.

BAN FALCONEER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falc: This is a 20+ year old, admittedly dying game and this current season might be the last that these guys ever enjoy. What fuels you to continuously stir the pot and challenge what these players are doing? Everyone is a volunteer here and shouldn't have to deal with push-back on everything they do or how they play. My issue with you is not your actual views, but in the manner and setting under which you're presenting them. Can't you post your ideas in a general thread without having to heat up existing threads, and bringing them out of scope?

This is text on the internet, so I can't decipher what your intent is. If you truly desire to bring positive change in the zone, then I'd like to see you actually DO something constructive. Would you like to start a more open squad and try to bring more player diversity to the league? If you actually started this I think no one would have a problem with it. But talking about it in every league thread remotely related to squads, and lighting fires under peoples' asses without seemingly doing anything yourself to help is annoying. Does this make sense?

I come to this game to de-stress and interact with people that likewise enjoy the game. I don't like seeing mindless arguments that go nowhere constructive. Does this make me "soft"? Maybe. But I honestly can't watch the shit that unfolds in these forums for much longer, especially if the long-standing players here don't do anything about it or care in the name of "free speech". This is my views on the matter .. take it or leave it.

Comment

?Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.?
      ?
      Neil Gaiman
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Qan once again misses the boat on this one, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin View Post
          Falc: This is a 20+ year old, admittedly dying game and this current season might be the last that these guys ever enjoy. What fuels you to continuously stir the pot and challenge what these players are doing? Everyone is a volunteer here and shouldn't have to deal with push-back on everything they do or how they play. My issue with you is not your actual views, but in the manner and setting under which you're presenting them. Can't you post your ideas in a general thread without having to heat up existing threads, and bringing them out of scope?

This is text on the internet, so I can't decipher what your intent is. If you truly desire to bring positive change in the zone, then I'd like to see you actually DO something constructive. Would you like to start a more open squad and try to bring more player diversity to the league? If you actually started this I think no one would have a problem with it. But talking about it in every league thread remotely related to squads, and lighting fires under peoples' asses without seemingly doing anything yourself to help is annoying. Does this make sense?

I come to this game to de-stress and interact with people that likewise enjoy the game. I don't like seeing mindless arguments that go nowhere constructive. Does this make me "soft"? Maybe. But I honestly can't watch the shit that unfolds in these forums for much longer, especially if the long-standing players here don't do anything about it or care in the name of "free speech". This is my views on the matter .. take it or leave it.
          Maybe I come across as undiplomatic sometimes with my wording because of years of trolling? but I didn't take trench wars community as being very PC (politically correct)... either. So i'm honestly not challenging anyone here. And I think it's a very good thing if someone makes an effort to try and change their ways and give back to the community... If you take a look at a few posts back in this thread; I wrote that preference based changes are 100% up to the community (so things like settings/gameplay etc). That doesn't mean I don't have preferences, but it definitely means I would *never* want to take away what is fun for a majority of people either. I think a lot of people are in this competitive mindset, so they take anything said on forums as being apart of that, and it's really not.

I think some people might be judging others and me without all the facts too? For example, I like helping and being a volunteer... because I'm a great optimist who believes we can actually revive this game. Some people call me delusional for that, or as the saying goes "The game is dead let it die" but I can't help but believe we can turn things around, it's in my nature. I've helped out a lot, I think people don't really see the whole picture with me... and sometimes we only see what we want to see. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I'd like to think after 20 years of playing this game, that I belong to the community as much as anyone else does, for better or for worse.

Take a look at this reflection I found:
          Can you take pleasure in the success of others? What happens to you when you are in conflict with other people and have different points of view? Are you worried that being compassionate might make you appear to be weak or soft? If other people make mistakes can you be compassionate toward them or do you blame them? When people are in conflict with you, are you able to stand back and see their point of view and treat them with respect?

I think that *because* it's a dying game that's more of a reason for us to unite, even when we disagree, and to build our zones back up, and respect one another, don't you?

Comment

Why don't we just ban your stupid ugly ass 7roll? Lmfao you try to troll me all the fucking time when I log on.. it's like you're waiting for me bc once I'm on Bam my name comes outa your mouth obsessed much? But it's ok I'm sorry I rejected you that time you kept asking me to be your girlfriend. I can't imagine what it's like to be rejected after asking someone that... hahahahahahahahhahaha
            The Old Supah Girl XD

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

Maybe I come across as undiplomatic sometimes with my wording because of years of trolling? but I didn't take trench wars community as being very PC (politically correct)... either. So i'm honestly not challenging anyone here. And I think it's a very good thing if someone makes an effort to try and change their ways and give back to the community... If you take a look at a few posts back in this thread; I wrote that preference based changes are 100% up to the community (so things like settings/gameplay etc). That doesn't mean I don't have preferences, but it definitely means I would *never* want to take away what is fun for a majority of people either. I think a lot of people are in this competitive mindset, so they take anything said on forums as being apart of that, and it's really not.

I think some people might be judging others and me without all the facts too? For example, I like helping and being a volunteer... because I'm a great optimist who believes we can actually revive this game. Some people call me delusional for that, or as the saying goes "The game is dead let it die" but I can't help but believe we can turn things around, it's in my nature. I've helped out a lot, I think people don't really see the whole picture with me... and sometimes we only see what we want to see. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I'd like to think after 20 years of playing this game, that I belong to the community as much as anyone else does, for better or for worse.

Take a look at this reflection I found:
              Can you take pleasure in the success of others? What happens to you when you are in conflict with other people and have different points of view? Are you worried that being compassionate might make you appear to be weak or soft? If other people make mistakes can you be compassionate toward them or do you blame them? When people are in conflict with you, are you able to stand back and see their point of view and treat them with respect?

I think that *because* it's a dying game that's more of a reason for us to unite, even when we disagree, and to build our zones back up, and respect one another, don't you?

Alright man, w/e. Not much else I want to say here.

Comment

Working...
              X