Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Player to ever play TW is...(opinion here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF> that's what makes you a newbie son. now stfu about shit you dont know randededededl.
    1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
    1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
    1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
    1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

• Originally posted by Horny Elf
      ach, bullshit. the best old guys who cared to keep their shape is still dominating. besides, high res was overrated.
      Depends how you played. Going from a P60 with 640x400 res to an AMD 450K6-2 with 1600x1200 res made a huge difference.

Going from playing with a certain sized screen to a different sized screen that's 7.5 times bigger does that.
      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

• Originally posted by FieryFire
        well, if you take the best squads to dominate this zone, elusive / siege / TW Elites / LAME / Rampage, you have like 99% of the best players because they were all on the same squad, which is why its called a supersquad. Look no further than the TWL champion roster that is posted in ?go twld. explains it all.
        True...even though some members of these squads are not posted for some reason.
        "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
        Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
        " - Tyler the Creator
        Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

• Why do people get sucked into inane discussions like this? The thread was doomed from the first post, since there was no criteria provided as to what the fuck ‘Best player’ even means. Best player = ? Best player = Best pub player? Best player = in which ships? Best player = trash talker? Best player = a person who has most loyalty to his squad? Best player = a person who gives back to the TW community? Best player = has the biggest dick?

It’s like asking, ‘what is the best vehicle?’ Wtf? Are you asking what is the best vehicle for going off-road? Are you asking what is the best vehicle for road rallies? Are you asking what is the best vehicle for drifting? Are you asking what is the best vehicle for a cross country trip? Are you asking what is the best vehicle for cruising? Are you asking what is the best vehicle hauling lumber? Are you asking what is the best vehicle for drag racing? Are you asking what is the best vehicle getting laid in?

Then we are surprised in the way these posts turn out? Doh

Stop posting stupid questions. I swear, it's just like Frank Zappa said, "there is more stupidity around than hydrogen and it has a longer shelf life."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral
            Why do people get sucked into inane discussions like this? The thread was doomed from the first post, since there was no criteria provided as to what the fuck ‘Best player’ even means. Best player = ? Best player = Best pub player? Best player = in which ships? Best player = trash talker? Best player = a person who has most loyalty to his squad? Best player = a person who gives back to the TW community? Best player = has the biggest dick?
            I think the general idea was who is the best warbird? who is the best jav, and who is the best 2-way player

Comment

• Originally posted by Randedl
              i don't pretend to know about anybody who played more than 2 seasons ago, but i think that some of you guys are living in the past.

you cannot compare the players of today to the players of years ago. today there is a more even playing field, and a higher average skill level.

the res limit that was imposed whenever it was would, i would venture a guess, make 80% of those people none of us newbies have ever heard of fairly mediocre. people can say what they like, but this is my honest opinion.

how hard could it have been to have a big screen, a higher res than anybody else, and just never die?
              I still don't understand how I used to do much better before the res cap considering that I used 1024 and 1280 res . Maybe it was just a much smaller crop of players so you didn't have to be THAT good to stand out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King
                I don't know man, that's a pretty big stretch to get to him calling you a newb. Even if it was an intended back-handed slap, there have been much worse said on these forums that received much less notice.
                Yeah I know I over react.
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• warbird:

Jack Kiefer, Raspi, Sika, Haus, Elicit

(Elim Killer, Holly Molly also)

jav:

Symbol, Joe, Scuzzy,

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric is God
                    I still don't understand how I used to do much better before the res cap considering that I used 1024 and 1280 res . Maybe it was just a much smaller crop of players so you didn't have to be THAT good to stand out.
                    like i said, i didn't pay enough attention to have an answer for you.

however, i find it hard to believe that 80% of the "best players to ever play trench wars" do not play anymore, or are, coincidentally, "not at their peak" anymore.
                    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                    Philos> there is something about you
                    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

• Originally posted by Horny Elf
                      ach, bullshit. the best old guys who cared to keep their shape is still dominating. besides, high res was overrated.
                      most of those guys that still play are shit now actually. Only about 3 of them were legit.

Hard to say who is the best ever, I'd probably go with banzi if we're just talking about wb/jav. Right now I think vihta and sika are at the top of the wb game and hellzno! is probably the best all arounder.
                      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 07-23-2004, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• I really haven't played much at all since the res restriction was put in, not only because of the restriction, but becuase of other things as well, so I'm sure I'll miss a lot of really good players I've never heard of because I wasn't around to see them play.

My list would be.. in no particular order(some might be same person on more than one alias, wasn't too familiar with everyone):

FieryFire
                        Epinephrine
                        Jeredan
                        Jack Kiefer
                        FR>ShOwTiMe (always had troubles with him...)
                        Sk4t3r
                        Path of Daggers
                        Lews Therin
                        Sudden
                        banzi fuq
                        fireballz

In jav - Scuzzy Sureshot, and I think Dy Nasty was alright.

Kind of fuzzy but should be close enough.

Comment

• Plague Rabbit
                          sigpic
                          What is even the elblow?

Comment

• Yay four people posted me... I'm so happy

Rogue = Rogue Demon... he's been playing forever, was on Rampage, Elusive (the original), and a ton more squads.

Incognito = MY NAME. THAT BASTARD Incognito_ (Disqualifier's Real Life best friend) made me use Epi in this zone. I really liked the name Incognito but everyone thought I was that newbie. Then finally when I gave him the name years later he had the gall to just quit subspace a few weeks later. Bastage.

And Eeth... Showtime was like 11 dude, I really hope you didn't have trouble killing him hehe.

I like FF's list although FBZ already pointed out some errors, so I like FBZ's list more!

As for Symbol, he was one of the best damn elim players ever. I remember he wanted to join Elusive and I said to him who was some newbie at the time 'get number 1 in elim and hold it for 3 weeks while playing every day' and hell.. he did it. He used to go 24-3 in baseelims every game. But hell he was useless in league matches... absolutely useless, not to mention him suiciding 0-10 to cost us a game that bastard.

As for Sika, he's a good player yeah, but I can never say a guy who I recruited to make my squad's website to be that great.

As for Banzi, yeah he's a great player too, but since I used to target him when he was the newbie Banzi Fuq/Influx_ cause he had a good elim rating but was easy kills, it's hard. Not to mention I've only played against him in like 5 matches and we were 2-3 against them and he wasn't the main factor (FBZ/NYPD were amazingly).

As for the best car, currently that would be the Ferrari 360 Modena. No questions asked. That car isn't the fastest or most expensive, but hell it's a work of art. I'd get that car if I could get any car in the world (with the precondition that I couldn't just sell it in which case I'd just get the most expensive one and sell it).

As for underrated/not mentioned everyone forgets Adrenaline/Dead on Arrival/Choloroform/Accuracy (he had a lotta names). He was 1024 res and easily one of the best players in a time of 1600-2048 res... that's hard to do.

How about PoD (Path of Daggers)? He was average back in the old days, but in season 5 and 6 he was one of the most important figures around. He lead Elusive's basing team as captain in season 6, and was easily the best warbird of season 5 and a dominant jav to boot (shoulda recruited him when he asked to join haha).

As for best ever? Hell I'll be a little egotistical here and say me and Crome. Leading squads is harder than being on them Seriously though you can't really say...

There's too much going on to say but here's my opinion:

WB: Demonfaze/Vihta/Banzi/Blood
                            Jav: Psymorph
                            Base: Warportal/Mythrandir

I'd say those guys at the top of their games had more impact than anyone I've ever seen in this zone.

And no, no other jav comes close. Psymorph pretty much single handedly gave Elusive the jav win in Season 5 (sorry Joe but you were missing almost every playoff game cept that one you went 24-9 vs Light ... let's see Scuzzy do that.

-Epi
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine
                              Base: Warportal/Mythrandir
                              Brookus sometimes gets left out of this list, but I'd add him here as well. There are also a few new kids that are going to be pretty damn good.
                              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

• Psymorph lagged hard)= but i remember one match he was good that i played in, lol hurray.
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X