compulsive name hoarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compulsive name hoarding

I hate it when people gather tons of "good" names (names without numbers or anything) and just put them off to the side to collect dust.

I think is would be awsome if the SSCU billing server deleted names that had less than 10 hours of usage, and were inactive for over a year. Also, I think it would be cool if you did a ?find command and it actually told you how long ago they were inactive, instead of just saying "last seen more than 10 days ago".
    Like, there was this ninja who got
    ticked off at some people who kept
    talking while he was trying to rock
    out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
    flipped out and sang at them till
    they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Name's that haven't been used in a long time (I'm not sure exactly how long) are reset, so anyone can claim it. You'd have to ask Overstrand or someone for the precise number.

Anyways, who cares? Name is a name. This game is for fun, not trading and whining over names like 5th graders do with Pokemon cards.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

hmmm, I see.

I just dont like people gathering names and trading them, its so retarded. I dont want to have to track someone down and "trade" for it.
      Last edited by Overburn; 07-20-2004, 10:51 PM.
      Like, there was this ninja who got
      ticked off at some people who kept
      talking while he was trying to rock
      out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
      flipped out and sang at them till
      they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

Originally posted by Overburn
        I think is would be awsome if the SSCU billing server deleted names that had less than 10 hours of usage, and were inactive for over a year.
        I think it does :/

Comment

Ive been waiting for this one name to recycle for over 2 years. I do a ?find every other day(used to before i became inactive) and there wasnt a time i didnt say "Last seen more than 10 days ago"

Comment

its a shame that people gotta settle for their 20th choice for a name just cause the first 19 are taken by people who have never used them.
            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
            apt>na
            apt>ill show you pictures
            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by Overburn
              hmmm, I see.

I just dont like people gathering names and trading them, its so retarded. I dont want to have to track someone down and "trade" for it.

aw, cry me a river J Timberlake . So you're saying that people that have been playing this game probably twice as long as you should give up names because they're not using them all the time? I have a bunch names that I don't use that I could probably sell too some of you nerds but I wont. Earn your stripes newbies..GG

P.S. Don't take it personal.
              "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
              Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
              " - Tyler the Creator
              Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

HAHA, i feel yout pain, i got lucky though and 3 years later i got the name Aven, but for some reason i still use the name avendragon. odd isnt it?
                1:AvenDragon> jason, what do you think of animals
                1:Jason> hm? what kind of animals?
                1:AvenDragon> um...soft ones
                1:Jason> i dunno, animals are cool i suppose
                1:AvenDragon> :/
                1:AvenDragon> what about dogs that poop?
                1:Jason> everyone shits, no biggie
                1:AvenDragon> u know...ur so right

Comment

names names squads squads fun fun

Comment

Originally posted by Voth
                    Name's that haven't been used in a long time (I'm not sure exactly how long) are reset, so anyone can claim it. You'd have to ask Overstrand or someone for the precise number.

Anyways, who cares? Name is a name. This game is for fun, not trading and whining over names like 5th graders do with Pokemon cards.
                    It depends on their usage for when they reset.
                    Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      aw, cry me a river J Timberlake . So you're saying that people that have been playing this game probably twice as long as you should give up names because they're not using them all the time? I have a bunch names that I don't use that I could probably sell too some of you nerds but I wont. Earn your stripes newbies..GG

P.S. Don't take it personal.
                      No, he's saying that you don't really need more than one or a couple user names, and the people that specifically gather them to trade, are doing a disservice to everyone else in the zone. Personally I think the billing server should allow you a limit of say 5, per machine, per zone, and if you want new ones, you have to delete old ones.

And Just so you know:
                      Talking about Timberlake, having a "bunch of names you don't use", and "could probably sell"? As in selling user names for a free online game?
                      "Earn your stripes newbies..GG"?

Dunno if I'd be willing to throw the first nerd stone, if I were you.

P.S. Don't take that personal.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

names dont matter its ur skill that does. Look at me i did ok with sexy wooden spoon, cant get a less "leet" name than that. I have "fork" but never use it
                        King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

you ruined the whole "existential" thing sarien, i was gonna make an online quiz "which TWForum regular are you" and you were gonna be the mr. existential guy but no, you ruin it

ruin

it
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Here you go Jerome, Just for you.

I am, therefore I base.

All I'm saying is that in my experience, when you're a dork, don't believe that you're a rainbow avenger, set to call out the other dorks of the world.
                            Relax... Meditate. Ohm.
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                              No, he's saying that you don't really need more than one or a couple user names, and the people that specifically gather them to trade, are doing a disservice to everyone else in the zone. Personally I think the billing server should allow you a limit of say 5, per machine, per zone, and if you want new ones, you have to delete old ones.

And Just so you know:
                              Talking about Timberlake, having a "bunch of names you don't use", and "could probably sell"? As in selling user names for a free online game?
                              "Earn your stripes newbies..GG"?

Dunno if I'd be willing to throw the first nerd stone, if I were you.

P.S. Don't take that personal.

Nah its cool, I guess I was wrong about calling him a nerd. Now I'm gonna call "YOU" a nerd...j/k. But seriously why should there be a limit on how many names you should have?....I mean if you claim them first than who has the right to say "you shouldn't have that name, cuz I just thought of It and I want it (wah)"...period
                              "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                              Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                              " - Tyler the Creator
                              Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

Working...
                              X