Does this zone need new leadership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this zone need new leadership?

Actually got Saari arguing with me that yeh's lag doesn't give him an unfair advantage. Enough is enough.

IMO anyone who doesn't agree with these 2 statements shouldn't be staff:
    1. Lag limits should be under 180ms
    2. Rules at A1 should be enforced

Do you have other requirements from staff that aren't being met?

Do you think it's about time useless staff were axed?

Another thought: it's completely shit that we couldn't fix the biller before twdt. But also that we couldn't even contact anyone to get it looked at. There was zero information about what was being done if anything. If we need to ditch priit's biller, do that. If we need more people with game server access, do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      Another thought: it's completely shit that we couldn't fix the biller before twdt. But also that we couldn't even contact anyone to get it looked at. There was zero information about what was being done if anything. If we need to ditch priit's biller, do that. If we need more people with game server access, do that.
      Pretty sure there's legal reasons why we're still on Priit's biller, and TW staff are 100% volunteers. I'm average with mathematics, but those variables make your desired outcome highly improbable in the game's and zone's current forms.
      zidane> big play
      Omega Red> dwop sick
      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

I'm not sure it matters much if upper staff are concerned with a) lag limits or b) petty rule enforcement. Bit of a strange hill to die on tbh.

My priorities for upper staff would be: some kind of technical expertise in relation to upkeeping servers, bots, websites, arenas, graphics, etc. And then the physical running of important leagues and events such as TWDT.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

It’s too easy to troll and ruin pub. A1 needs to be enforced

Comment

1) No - It would be almost impossible for some players to play under that ping due to their geographic location. Even if a player had an amazing Internet connection, the more hops they are from the server, the higher their ping will be regardless.

2) Yes
            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
            • Shark
            • Dicer
            • Sager
            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Just to remove any doubt - I know a 180ms limit would disallow play from some places, middle east, asia, australia, etc. These players do get an unfair advantage from their lag so excluding them is intentional. My objective is to create as fair playing conditions as possible while allowing 99% of the population to continue playing (us, canada, uk, eu, finland).

When players shoot, their bullet needs to be visible quick enough for the opponent to have a chance at dodging it.
              When players are hit, they should die.
              When these things don't happen, what's the point in playing?
              Meet people from all over the world, then kill them, they don't die, then they kill you.

Examples of such players: mosi, yeh

Comment

You do realise that lag works both ways right? You cannot be this naive.
                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                • Shark
                • Dicer
                • Sager
                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

I know an unfair advantage when I see it. Maybe those laggy players don't realise how much of an advantage they have.

Comment

I always love Commodo's interventions here. And I think all this pubchat cinema only serves to earn some good points for the hypocrites in the area. The staff do a really good job of organizing everything that costs time, from maintenance to organizing events, thank you very much I like knowing that I can still play this game.

The argument "my son cannot play in such an environment" is true, nevertheless I appreciate very much that we are only between adults. The problem is, it's the guy who hijacked a minor who was playing this game, who comes to the defense of the good guys. It makes me laugh, it's always the worst who look like the best.

If really for some it is necessary that the pub arena is suitable for children I can understand that we hire some cops nonetheless. And we keep the competitive areas (even javduel etc ..) for us. The last thing I want is everyone congratulating everyone all the time, kindness and hugs.

Comment

you think yeh's lag is bad? you ever play against this player called "daldur"? forgot where hes from but that was bad. and he was allowed to play everything
                      (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                      (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                      (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                      (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                        you think yeh's lag is bad? you ever play against this player called "daldur"? forgot where hes from but that was bad. and he was allowed to play everything
                        was good practice jding him.

Comment

TW should enforce some sort of lag limit - but one that is a bit more lenient than 180ms since euros are apart of the subspace community. I think 260ms ping is actually fine; though i'm no expert on the average euro ping. Perhaps if someone pooled some stats of euro pings we could establish a fair lag limit. That being said spiking or ploss is probably more disruptive to the game than ping alone.

As for enforcing the A1 rules. I agree with having active mods that follow procedures and stop disruptive griefers in the game. I'm for free speech and don't mind some shit talk/trolling. But using actions to disrupt a game somehow? that's something I've always been against. I would not ban players very long, probably just 2 hour to 1-3 day bans (maximum). Which means you do need active mods. With trolling/spam I still favour silence.

Comment

Euro pings are 70-130 roughly. When I say 180ms it's precisely because it allows Euros to play. Easiest way to think of it is the ocean adds 70ms.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                              Euro pings are 70-130 roughly. When I say 180ms it's precisely because it allows Euros to play. Easiest way to think of it is the ocean adds 70ms.
                              Oh okay, but still would be neat to get some stats together of all the euro players lag and average it out. Could be done in a day if someone could do it who can see the ?lag of other players and can identify who is euro. Also, what about asian/aussie players? And maybe 180ms only accounts for euros with average/to good internet, how about people with a lower end connection? Not trying to be difficult; genuinely curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X