Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any EGers?

Hey, any EGers reading this?

Do you know the status on EG leagues running?

If they're not going, maybe someone interested could step up, put together a proposal, run something. TW's done it quite a while and knowledgeable people could probably help some with planning logistics. Just need to get people interested. Then you need the guys with the keys to agree. But that's not so tough, if you have a good plan and they're not doing anything anyhow.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Hey Qan!

I've asked if there were any volunteers willing to do pretty much asking exactly what you are. A proposal or at least a thought out idea, and a promise to put in the effort and to show up. I would work with them as much as my abilities would allow and try to make it happen. The most recent ones had ideas and the starts of something but pulled out due to either it needing dev work or just losing interest. Any recent leagues played started with a player volunteering to help run a league and even with a few speedbumps, the leagues went decently well.

It being an open opportunity like this has always been the case for years and if anyone says we aren't open to leagues, it's simply because we ask people to put in the effort, not just to give us an idea and walk away. The offer is still open to anyone interested and I'd love to see a league happen. I would personally mentor them to get it done and would love to hand over the reins.

Maybe this is another place to yet again advertise that we are open to working with players if they're open to working with staff. All we ask is for basic respect and the above mentioned.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you have any questions - and that goes to anyone reading this.

Thanks!
    RaeRae

Comment

Thanks for posting this, RaeRae!

Was hoping to get a few EGers who are around TW these days to bite.

The dev need can be an issue. But it's often an imaginary need ... more of a desire for a perfect ideal. When TW had a lull in dev, we just went extremely low-tech (mostly forums), and it worked out fine. Often people have pretty grand ideas and get caught up on making things amazing, original, legendary ... But you don't need anything groundbreaking -- if it's just an agreement to play a league (and something draft is a good way to rebuild), there's not really that much needed other than one or two people to step up.

Anyone interested, please also feel free to "borrow"/steal any TW rules/materials you'd like. Maybe talk to a friend and see what they think about doing it together. As you can see, there's nothing standing in your way but time and a little bit of work. Then next season, hand it off to someone else. EG used to be the second most populated zone in the game. People want to play. Why not be the person to help bring it back together?
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
      X