No announcement yet.

No Accountability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Sulla;n1361185][QUOTE=RageRitual;n1361123]If someone actually goes and kill themselves because some asshole online told them to do it....well at least they are not going to reproduce, there are enough stupid sheep in the world. IMO this is a dumb rule, also not a very well known rule.[/QUOTE

You're a Moron

WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

Hi fellas,

I was just alerted to this thread today, sorry for not partying earlier. I don't check forums daily since there's almost nothing worthwhile except in the leagues section, and my job doesn't allow my to play leagues anymore, so I don't follow it much.

So anyway, I'm the douchebag who banned Best.

Let me break it down real simply, because I knew this ban would be controversial.

Steadman reports Best for threatening his life IRL. Provides a valid screenshot of said conversation. Forwards it to a smod who forwards it to me. My initial reaction is this line of thinking: Steadman is pressing Best repeatedly over and over as he does to many people, finally Best flips the switch and says something he shouldn't have. Steadman jumps on the opportunity and reports it, knowing Best will have to be banned. Then Steadman will turn around and ROFL at Best for being banned.

I'm not an idiot. Steadman is a well-known scumbag. I agree that there are countless death threats and rule violations that go unreported within the competitive population. It's sort of a respect thing at this point... as in, we only have so many players, even if we are on different teams/squads, why are we trying to eat our own? Steadman is unfortunately, as I said, a scumbag who may not have the capacity or willingness to understand the unwritten rules.

That said, I ban people for the exact same conduct frequently, but it doesn't circulate like this because no one gives a shit if mentallyillpubber123 gets banned for it. It's a rule, and I can't have one set of rules for you guys and another set of rules for the pubbers. I didn't want to do it because I know what the deal is here, but at some point, there is a line and I have to hold onto it for all equally.

Please feel free to send screenshots (preferably) or logs of Steadman's asshole conduct that breaks rules and I will send him on extended vacations as many times as possible.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Oh and yes, A1 should be updated. I've tried to be as open/transparent/communicative as possible with rule changes, but A1 should be updated. That's fair. I'll get that in motion.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

mentallyillpubber123 LOL ded

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
            Steadman is a well-known scumbag...
            ...it doesn't circulate like this because no one gives a shit if mentallyillpubber123 gets banned for it.
            Lol I love Voth man
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Oh and yes, A1 should be updated. I've tried to be as open/transparent/communicative as possible with rule changes, but A1 should be updated. That's fair. I'll get that in motion.
              Voth This has needed to be updated for a very long time, at this point there is no excuse it has not been done. We can not just make up new rules and not have them added in.

Most the playerbase has been playing this game for at least a decade or two and we have way worse things people say to each other than telling them to off themselves. The average players age is old enough where I honestly don't think we need this rule put in place. It used to be the only thing you couldn't say was the evil N word (inconsistently enforced honestly) Why are we now so worried about being politically correct in a video game?

Staff should really only bother stepping in if they feel someone is being bullied, cheating or being very disruptive. Moderating a video game is like having a bunch of teenagers. Yea you need structure but if you push the kids too hard they run away.
              rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
              rEnZi> its crazy
              rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
                If someone actually goes and kill themselves because some asshole online told them to do it....well at least they are not going to reproduce, there are enough stupid sheep in the world. IMO this is a dumb rule, also not a very well known rule. And stupid rules like telling someone to go die should be removed lol.

Olive branch: I would 100% agree if someone was like 6 years old or retarded (sorry i don't know the politically correct term for that now) then yea don't be telling them to go kill their self.

I honestly don't think we need this rule put in place. It used to be the only thing you couldn't say was the evil N word (inconsistently enforced honestly) Why are we now so worried about being politically correct in a video game?

Please stop man LOL.. Just stop.

Comment

Voth This has needed to be updated for a very long time, at this point there is no excuse it has not been done. We can not just make up new rules and not have them added in.

Most the playerbase has been playing this game for at least a decade or two and we have way worse things people say to each other than telling them to off themselves. The average players age is old enough where I honestly don't think we need this rule put in place. It used to be the only thing you couldn't say was the evil N word (inconsistently enforced honestly) Why are we now so worried about being politically correct in a video game?

Staff should really only bother stepping in if they feel someone is being bullied, cheating or being very disruptive. Moderating a video game is like having a bunch of teenagers. Yea you need structure but if you push the kids too hard they run away.
                  I know you put COUNTLESS hours into the game on your latest useless stint on staff, but it's important to remember that even those who actually do something around here also have lives with jobs and relationships and children to attend to.

If it's so inexcusable to you, I'm happy to supply you with the latest ban manual so that you can water the rules down into bite sized pieces that make sense.

Oh, when you're done with that, please make a graphic to put at A1 and then actually add it to A1 and recycle the zone. Then make sure everything comes back as needed. You're a dev guy, right? Shouldn't take long.

Dumbass. I said it was fair and I'd get on it. Getting half-assed reprimanded by a useless loser isn't in the cards here. Want it done right now? Do it yourself or pay me, fuckhead.

Oh, and you say staff should step in if people are feeling bullied? LOL! You are a real gem. Bullying is the least of our worries, but I'm of the opinion that telling someone to take their own life IRL might qualify. Then again, I'm feeling a little bullied by you right now. Maybe I should step in on my own behalf. Moron.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

didn't see this thread until now but happy to respond

"I understand that I threatened steadman but the dude wishes cancer and tells me to die every single day.."

i don't do that. why d'ont you upload a screenshot to voth/tucker like he asked you to? oh wait you dont have one

speaking of screenshots i included the one that got you banned. you got really upset at very average banter. next time just control your temper idiot?
                    Attached Files
                    Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
                    Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
                    mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
                    Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

I know you put COUNTLESS hours into the game on your latest useless stint on staff, but it's important to remember that even those who actually do something around here also have lives with jobs and relationships and children to attend to.

If it's so inexcusable to you, I'm happy to supply you with the latest ban manual so that you can water the rules down into bite sized pieces that make sense.

Oh, when you're done with that, please make a graphic to put at A1 and then actually add it to A1 and recycle the zone. Then make sure everything comes back as needed. You're a dev guy, right? Shouldn't take long.

Dumbass. I said it was fair and I'd get on it. Getting half-assed reprimanded by a useless loser isn't in the cards here. Want it done right now? Do it yourself or pay me, fuckhead.

Oh, and you say staff should step in if people are feeling bullied? LOL! You are a real gem. Bullying is the least of our worries, but I'm of the opinion that telling someone to take their own life IRL might qualify. Then again, I'm feeling a little bullied by you right now. Maybe I should step in on my own behalf. Moron.
                      Resorting to name calling because you know I'm right, there is no excuse for it to take this long to update the rules. Say I did the legwork for you and and put it on the dev server and had to wait for someone else to upload it to trenchwars. It would still take like 6 months to a year I mean hell I think we are still waiting for someone to update the graphic in the DT arenas that a nonstaff member did all the work for.

I get it real life comes first. You might have family problems or who knows what going on I don't know you or pretend to. It comes down to something really simple though, if you agree to take on the task, and you can't for whatever reason, be man enough to admit it and step down and let someone else do it.

Update the graphic as you change the rules. I am not bullying you I am frustrated because you make it sound like something that will take all day to do. Hell you could probably even put a post on the forum to ask someone else to do it and then you can spend the 30 seconds uploading the file and recycling the zone, you have spent more time bitching at me then it would take you to do that.

There I not only complained but offered you a solution, your welcome.
                      rEnZi> its crazy
                      rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Another example of things being inconsistent, best gets, what was it 2 day ban for this?

renzi just broke the same rule this morning in front of staff and gets away with it.
                        rEnZi> its crazy
                        rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Another example of things being inconsistent, best gets, what was it 2 day ban for this?

renzi just broke the same rule this morning in front of staff and gets away with it.
                          You are free to complain, but at least share the entire story. The issue is still up for review and no final decision has been made.

Staff isn't here to please anyone. Generally any sort of moderation tends to annoy both sides. Staff in TW isn't particularly strong when it comes to manpower. So we do (often) drop the ball when it comes to swiftly and consistently handling calls. We can only hope that the rest can somewhat understand this very real situation we are in and either be patient or offer any form of help to work towards a better community.

Comment

It would still take like 6 months to a year
                            This season of TWL and TWDT will be finishing then
                            1:waven> u challenge
                            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post

You are free to complain, but at least share the entire story. The issue is still up for review and no final decision has been made.

Staff isn't here to please anyone. Generally any sort of moderation tends to annoy both sides. Staff in TW isn't particularly strong when it comes to manpower. So we do (often) drop the ball when it comes to swiftly and consistently handling calls. We can only hope that the rest can somewhat understand this very real situation we are in and either be patient or offer any form of help to work towards a better community.
                              A low-level staff member took the call, didn't know what to do with it and passed it on to you, who I can only assume was the only upper staff member available at the time. I simply do not understand how it still requires a 3rd staff member to handle it. A simple red warning from a low level staffer probably would have been sufficient. This was not a manpower problem, if anything it was a lack of training problem, which could technically be due to lack of upper staff manpower to provide said training. The fact that 2 different staff members don't even know how to handle the help call really makes me wonder again if this should even be a rule at all.

disclaimer: This post is not intended to offend biet,(or that low level staffer if he reads the thread) like many of us I do appreciate the dev work biet does.
                              rEnZi> its crazy
                              rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Why didn't steadman get banned when he told me to neck myself? am I missing something?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X