Idea for the forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for the forums

Why not limit each user to a set amount of posts and created topics per day?
    1. This will definitely diminish the possibility of spamming
    2. I'm sure most of us don't post more than 15 times per day and if you do, a few of them may have been unnecessary
    3. It makes us re-evaluate our posts if they are even worth posting in the first place, which already siphons any BS before it gets to the readers
    4. Just make a handy dandy line of text after our Private messages line telling us how many posts / topics we can make for the day
    5. Not as many posts with solely "LOL", everyone wins

I was thinking 3 topics and 10-12 posts. I've seen this in action on a few other forums, and its pretty good at handling spam control.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

or we could umm....not?
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

I agree but we can only implement this if the forms were to become more popular, to limit the 20 main participators in the boards when there's only about 20 people participating regularly wouldn't be right
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i dont really like the sound of that. the forum is slow enough already
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

give this spam control thing to jerome

Comment

Unless everyone can generate ingenious one-liners, I'd suggest this to work. We can move it up to 20 posts per day, excluding moderators because they have to move stuff, close topics, etc. Unless you're in a real race to attain the title of post-whore, I don't see any reason why you would object.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I still don't see how spam is a problem in this forum with such a small playerbase. Calm the fuck down people. Have you people been on a huge forum? You have thousands of users and people posting and putting up topics left and right where you hope that your topic gets read before it gets sucked up by the wave of new threads and posts that bump up other people's threads. This is not the case here, its fine as it is.
              DELETED

Comment

I dont think spam is a problem here, but in most cases theres a warning or a ban.

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

Comment

Kim, I think limiting people to 6 posts per day would be even more outstanding.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

As has already been posted here, this isn't a bad idea but it isn't really necessary for this forum either. Spam isn't a problem. Stupidity is, but limiting ppd won't actually limit the amount of stupidity very much- it'll just slow the forum down to a crawl.

I think the real problem here is that you're jealous of Jerome's post count.
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

what we really need is some strippers
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

LOL, random shit Ilyaz.
                        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Kim, are you sure that is possible with these forms.. does vbulletin board accually have those sources to limit things..? If not that would be something impossible, unless you accually can rescript some parts of the code.. (what em I talking about?)
                          Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Then everyone would only make posts with 100 lines and noone wants to read that, we need one-liners!
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

We should make our forum more colorful!! with blue! yellow! red! pink!
                              9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Working...
                              X