Life expectancy of TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nickname
    TW and chaos will last the longest (obviously) but I don't think either will last more than 4 more years. People grow tired of it and retire and we don't seem to be bringing in new life.
    This made me think: When I started playing, DSB was the biggest zone. It was already established as the most popular, and TW was on the rise, however Chaos just remained at a constant. How has Chaos managed to overtake DSB with neither of them changing their gameplay?
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

If you think about it, if TW becomes pay to play, it may just slow the growth. Because of the sheer volume of people playing it, all they would have to do is charge $1 per player per month (since the other half is being gained via the TWSites.com). If you can't shell out $12 in one year, even as a kid, then chances are, you shouldn't be playing anyway. Hell, 1-2 hours worth of work for a years worth of fun? Though, I'm not sure how they woudl be able to do it... If they do it one way, it would help double squadding/people changing names all the time. They could have people pay the money per name they use on TW. If you only use 1 name, its fine. But if you use more, you'll have to dish out the extra $1.

Comment

Originally posted by aLi_G
        Like those dumbfucks on the weather channel.
        Yeah, those fucking assholes warning people about hurricanes, floods and tornadoes. Crucify 'em all.
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by JacKieChan>
          They used to say the only thing that would survive a nuclear war is the cockroach.

That has now been changed to the "super three."

Cockroaches
          Barney
          Subspace/Continuum

It can never die. If it came to 'pay to play', I'd pay.
          Long live Continuum.
          Not uh! I learned from Family Guy that Twinkies can survive too sucka!
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

you fools! the population was 200-250 three years ago and its 400-500 now because of all the bots. I predict by the year 2015 the population will consist almost entirely of bots.
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
              you fools! the population was 200-250 three years ago and its 400-500 now because of all the bots. I predict by the year 2015 the population will consist almost entirely of bots.
              There is waaaaaaay too much truth in this statement
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Their are at MOST 50 bots in TW, not 250.
                carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by Ekko
                  Their are at MOST 50 bots in TW, not 250.
                  looks like someone can't detect sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                    looks like someone can't detect sarcasm
                    You can't tell what tone a person is typing in unless they add some sort of smilie >_>
                    carpe diem

Comment

i could tell.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i would never pay to play this game wtf...
                        AKA Shaun
                        ----------------------

Comment

subspace has alot going for it.

1) it's fun. people have played this game for thousands of hours.

but the difference is that fun is replaced in other games. Starcraft is fun, but you have a plethora of new RTS games coming out all the time bettering it. subspace betters itself because is a self-sustained organism kept alive by the people who play it, and there is no other game really like it.

On top of that the diversity of even just one zone like TW is staggering. Pubs, elim, tourny's, events, leagues, etc...

Subspace has the best leagues, bots, system out there. Xbox live is so far behind is laughable. I pay for Xbox Live and I don't even use it; I'd rather play SS than Rainbow Six 3.

We know have way more stable bots, .lvl's adding even more expansion and possibilities, and more and more problems are being fixed, and lag is getting better as the internet infrastructure remains.

And it's accessable. It's free, it's online, it's improving, their is alot of support behind it, the requirements are low, you can play it at your friends house, etc...

I can't see it dying in the next decade. There is no replacement for it, and it's still fun. I'm probably going to retire from this "stupid" game another 9 times, but eventually almost all of us get dragged back. Plus there is the influx of new gamers growing into the game.

SS is here to stay
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                            subspace has alot going for it.

1) it's fun. people have played this game for thousands of hours.

but the difference is that fun is replaced in other games. Starcraft is fun, but you have a plethora of new RTS games coming out all the time bettering it. subspace betters itself because is a self-sustained organism kept alive by the people who play it, and there is no other game really like it.

On top of that the diversity of even just one zone like TW is staggering. Pubs, elim, tourny's, events, leagues, etc...

Subspace has the best leagues, bots, system out there. Xbox live is so far behind is laughable. I pay for Xbox Live and I don't even use it; I'd rather play SS than Rainbow Six

We know have way more stable bots, .lvl's adding even more expansion and possibilities, and more and more problems are being fixed, and lag is getting better as the internet infrastructure remains.

And it's accessable. It's free, it's online, it's improving, their is alot of support behind it, the requirements are low, you can play it at your friends house, etc...

I can't see it dying in the next decade. There is no replacement for it, and it's still fun. I'm probably going to retire from this "stupid" game another 9 times, but eventually almost all of us get dragged back. Plus there is the influx of new gamers growing into the game.

SS is here to stay
                            Heh u only listed one big reason gg

Comment

Originally posted by aLi_G
                              sigh you fudge packers, who the fuck cares how long tw is gonna last for, all of you play tw and im sure have fun being gay on it to so why even care when tw dies, just think about the present not the future because the future is not predictable. Like those dumbfucks on the wether channel.

I don't think im going to listen to somebody who can't even spell weather right.
                              I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                                Originally posted by Squeezer
                                Heh u only listed one big reason gg
                                Are you illiterate? Or do you just really love numbered lists?
                                Originally posted by Ward
                                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                                X