Pubbing for 1000+hour users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pubbing for 1000+hour users

I am just going to bring the matter up to see if it gets support. I have talked to a fex people on staff about setting up a pub that requires a minimum number of hours of usage. I think 1000 would be a good start. They told me to bring it up on here to get support before bringing it back to them. So if this is something you would be interested in please give me some response. I was thinking a pure pub and maybe a regular one too. Tell me what you think. Peace_Maker

Originally posted by Peace_Maker
    I am just going to bring the matter up to see if it gets support. I have talked to a fex people on staff about setting up a pub that requires a minimum number of hours of usage. I think 1000 would be a good start. They told me to bring it up on here to get support before bringing it back to them. So if this is something you would be interested in please give me some response. I was thinking a pure pub and maybe a regular one too. Tell me what you think. Peace_Maker
    After your first 300 hours pubs lose interest neways....i dont see any point in doing this....they've already got this for Elim/Belim so why do it to pubs?
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

i think it's a great idea, it would be a better basing game without the rules and comepetition of ?go base or whatever.

although I would lower the limit to 500 hours, maybe even less. elim2 as an event barely gets enough players to constitute a solid pubbing zone.

300 hours is probably more realistic. I'd also make a few changes too, just to keep the place interesting (like some nostalgic type stuff for vets to come back too, like levis with 4 reps, the cloaker with a rep and more energy, etc..) and even some new stuff (levis need 100bty to attach, whoever is attached to a terrier, they should only be hit if the terrier is hit - because then youre relying on the terrs skill, not luck and lag, etc...)

Eliminating newbies is a good idea, but there needs be be more incentive in order to justify creating a new pubbing area.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

If it is player restricted, it's not a pub. Therefor, stick it in some other arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
          If it is player restricted, it's not a pub. Therefor, stick it in some other arena.
          we could maybe call it a hub instead of a pub?
          top 100 basers list

Comment

i dont have 500 hours usage... WTF! i cant play pub..>.<
            9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

There is a thing in settings that allows people with a certain amount of usage before you can play in it, but if you change the settings on one pub, it goes to the others. They could make a bot for it, like guanobot and dockbot, but that is just a waste of time. The bot coders could be working on something better. And if you only want to play people with skill, why not just join a basing squad?

If you really want a base with 1000+ usage people to play in, with the same map as pub, just send in the base to twmaps@twsites.com and ask them to change the settings to x amount of usage. They have the right to deny it though.
              Last edited by Twerp; 08-29-2004, 07:55 PM.

Comment

ppl with 1000+ usage don't play alot of pubs
                Originally posted by Kolar
                My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Due
                  ppl with 1000+ usage don't play alot of pubs

you know this how?
                  A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

I'm just guessing, but maybe they got tired of playing with unorganized teams. And also because they are more interested in other events besides pub basing.

Comment

Agreed, db - I for one pub often enough, and would pub more often if this pub was created. Firstly, it doesn't have to be called a pub, verthanthi, perhaps a Vub, for VetPub, and also, this would bring alot more people than elim2 or what have you, because more people base. I think there should be one Vub opened, with a minimum 1000 hours usage.
                      Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

we need a ?go telcat for 4k plus users who are in denial about having no life
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I would say you are right, most people with that much usage do not pub. If there was a leet room I believe they would. I like some of the suggestions from Claushouse.
                          "I'd also make a few changes too, just to keep the place interesting (like some nostalgic type stuff for vets to come back too, like levis with 4 reps, the cloaker with a rep and more energy, etc..) and even some new stuff (levis need 100bty to attach, whoever is attached to a terrier, they should only be hit if the terrier is hit - because then youre relying on the terrs skill, not luck and lag, etc...)"
                          Some are unrealistic like the levi not dying if the terr doesn't, thats called lag. The whole reason I thought this would be a good idea is for vets to want to pub again and lol Claushouse I should have said a hub not a pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                            we need a ?go telcat for 4k plus users who are in denial about having no life
                            count me in!
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Of course you know, this idea can only make regular pubs worse. The single worst problem affecting pubs today is not the levis or teamkillers or the spawners or the weasels or the "lamecasters" or anything like that. The worst problem is that people are giving up on it. The other reasons do have their affect, but "veteran neglect" is what's turning pubs into TW's slum.

Comment

Working...
                              X