Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before we start to talk about proper representation for basers/duelers/pubbers/whatever, we have to look beyond just the numbers of people who play each particular style. What is even more important to look at is the distribution of ?help and ?cheater calls and hosting duties. Having 2 out of 3 of TW's leagues be dueling type games isn't as important as, for example, 2 out of every 3 calls asking for staff help regarding a dueling situation. It's all well and good to say that staff should reflect the style of play of the players in the zone, but it's much more important that they reflect the duties that are asked of them. I don't have the numbers to look at but perhaps some staff member could give us an estimate on how often certain situations come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
      So who are you then Bahamut? You're obviously some aliased guy, pretending to be the Bahamut i know (cause you're not, way tot steal someones name)

So nobody is sure who Dr. is? and whos Nyamo i never got an answer other than "a chick" and last i checked being pink int he crotch is #2 ont he list of things prefered to be hired (#1 being faking having a pink crotch)

I doubt he'd take the job, but you need to promote X machine as fa rup the chain of command as he'll let you.
      Bahamut <ZH> = Bahamut-Zero. No name stealing going on here.

And it looks like Fit has answered your problem Awesome, so quit being whiney, play the game and have fun. "Oh but I can't have fun when people cheat and no one answers my help/cheater calls!" Not every cry for help is heard, otherwise there wouldn't be any crime, now would there?
      The song doesn't make your hands clap,
      The hand claps make the song

Comment

Recruit some people that don't play base.
        I like basers have nothing against them.. But they arent the only people that play this game

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
        ---
        5:waven> freeze
        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
        5:Freeze> LOL
        5:waven> that's how things work around here
        --
        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by IceStorm
          Recruit some people that don't play base.
          I like basers have nothing against them.. But they arent the only people that play this game
          dude.. do you know how to read? look up at the staff list.. there are non-basers. sheesh
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Just to have a little clarification:
            1. staff Has gone through a lot of changes within the last couple of months. From losing some Key Smod, and mods to hiring a fresh group of People. Do not think that they are in any way unqualified. In the past the was no Training program, however currently there is a program put in place to help teach the zh's about the rules, the game and the general practices of hosting. (ask any zhs or most new ER as to how the program works. They can all attest that it helps)

2. Staff being mostly baser. Let me ask you all something if you were dean would you hire someone just cuz you heard there name? would you just hire anyone cuz they were active. If a dean spends alot of time in ?go base cuz they enjoy it wouldnt you think that those in ?go base are better know by a certain dean. If your a dueler and think you would be perfect for staff it doesnt mean you arent. Cuz there are plenty of them. However i wouldnt hire anyone just cuz they think they would be perfect i would need proof.

3. no one answers calls for Belim or Elim. All of the people you listed as baser with that list are ER and ZH. It is in no way a ZH or ER job to take cheater calls. The mods do if they are available. And you do not always know they are there watching. We take ever call seriously and try to help everyone and keep the zone as free from cheater as possible. However there are always times were people get away from it. For instance
            (awesome)> Spec Dameon and Reaver for teaming!!
            Now do you honestly think that im going to spec someone just cuz you told me to. No im going to watch and usually but that point they stop. Or you see a nice little Warning if you do not stop teaming you will be specced! I take pride in answering calls and alot of people have growing frustrations with me cuz i follow through with my calls if i catch you teaming again i dont warn you twice ill just spec you. a third time i lock you in spec for a couple of game. ETC

4. last if you seriously think someone isnt doing there job right talk to them. every staffer will TRY to listen to you comments (some comments shouldnt be listened too) and if they dont responde in a way you think is appropiate ask for another staffer. We have many checks and balances and for a population as big as trenchwars. We are a very well and respected staff organization.
            Reaver <ZH> Life isnt fair and you expect a 2d spaceship game to be! HAHA your nuts!

Comment

let's All Stop Categorizing People, We Are All Subspacers And All The Staff Know What They're Talking About. Does It Matter From Which Group They Come From?
              EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
              cool koen> :)
              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
              cool koen> not because of a bug
              EvoLd> Lol
              Treachery> meh
              EvoLd> why then?
              PubAceR> women in power dont last
              EvoLd> LOl
              toaster oven reviews

Comment

And I swear I didn't mean to use a capital letter at the start of every word.
                EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                cool koen> :)
                PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                cool koen> not because of a bug
                EvoLd> Lol
                Treachery> meh
                EvoLd> why then?
                PubAceR> women in power dont last
                EvoLd> LOl
                toaster oven reviews

Comment

see now isn't that easy.

I don't mind Bahamut-Zero going to just Bahamut because with the tags it can be long. I do mind Stra going to Angel <tags> though (etc etc, list far to long to mention)
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Troll King, malladrin, and anyone else who said basers are as qualified as the next guy to come into baseelim or elim and catch cheaters... you are wrong. The majority (not all, but most) are afraid or something to spec real cheaters. They also take way too long to respond to those calls in general. As i've said many other times, it takes like 3-4 calls to get them to come in and respond at all.

Comment

Did you even read what I wrote? Heck, not even my example was about basers.

Comment

Originally posted by holybird
                        In the past the was no Training program, however currently there is a program put in place to help teach the zh's about the rules
                        Nope, there was a training program a long time ago and if anything, it was much better back then.

Awesome I think in general the response time is slow these days no matter what you're asking of staff. Simple as this...

1: Are more TW staff members basers? Yes.
                        2: Does it really matter if a mod/ZH/ER is a baser or dueler? No

They both play the same game, deal with the same people and learn the commands and procedures the same way.

How in anyway are basers not qualified to be a ZH, ER or MOD? Easy answer from Awesome and the elim grunts, they don't play Elim or Belim. But is this game only elim, pub, base or belim? No. The core of this zone (pub) does relate to basing so in that respects it does take presidence. If a person knows how to check for teaming, knows when someone is doing something illegal and has been trained or knows out of common knowledge to look for this when taking a call, then why wouldn't they be qualified? The game play you decide to play does not limit your ability to see and learn does it? jesus. I don't see how with training and common knowledge a person can not police the belim and elim arenas while not being with the in crowd there. I see this as an advantage for duelers if anything, they get an unbiased group to deal with issues as they arise in the dueling arenas. (... less of a chance of a staffer being a friend of a friend to so and so... so he or she doesn't get banned).

Also as far as being fair, if a person really wants to be part of TW staff then as I said, you don't need basing connections to do it just figure it out on your own.

Comment

the "core" of the zone may relate to basing, but the most played ship is easily the warbird. Jav is most likely second. In my years of playing ss I've based and dueled, and I can tell you right now, generally basers are nicer than duelers. I still think Awesome has a point though, and that maybe a few more duelers can be put in staff.
                          I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

What I find funny is that Awesome doesn't even know who GOC is but he's still trying to fight for the duelers when he doesn't know one of the most famous duelers. Congratulations Awesome, you're the tool of the week! :up:
                            Last edited by Cops; 10-19-2004, 08:49 PM.
                            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Wow, I'm gone two days and i log back on to see my topic first with 86 replies. Good God. You people sure know how to argue . Then again, that's what subspace is filled up with these days.

Yeah i definetely cut out what i just typed cause i don't wanna get flamed. Anyways...errr...lock the topic or something, this one isn't getting anywhere. Ummmm have fun arguing in Continny?
                              boo...:eek:

Comment

The majority of this thread is utter nonesense. The fact that there are more 'baser' <ZH>/<ER>s than 'duelers' has nothing to do with the way staff should be selected. What matters is that staff are doing a good job responding to calls etc. <ZH> and <ER>s do not even take cheater calls unless there are no Moderators online. There may some issues with there not being enough Moderators, which may be ture. The Deans of Staff pick respectable, mature people, who they would think fit the staff criteria well, not what ship/arena they play.
                                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                                • Shark
                                • Dicer
                                • Sager
                                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Working...
                                X