Automated Strikeball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Strikeball

I was wondering if Strikeball could be automated like wbduel or base. We could use the SBBot, im not sure if the bot can do that. I would like it if staff could look into this and see what they can do because Strikeball is not hosted very often.

That'd be great, since SB is by far the best game in TW. Although i doubt theres any1 that would take the time to modify the bot to do that.

Comment

Strikeball is not as popular as wbduel or base. I don't think the playerbase for SB is big enough for automated settings to be effective. Manual hostings with the current popularity of SB would imho be better than a bot.
      Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Ahhh!!
        I've never played strike ball i always get there late...
        I would like to learn and i guess that if there was a bot around it would be much easier to learn and people would start playing it more.
        It would be nice to have strike ball running more often.
        A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

i believe strikeball should stay a hosted event, if we have too many automated events like wbduel and base, there will not be enough players in any of them and nothing will get played.
          Basing and WBdueling (jav dueling too i guess) are obviously the most popular arenas as they allow for TWD and TWL practice, i say keep it that way.

plus keeping arenas such as strike ball from not be automated makes them even more special when they do get hosted
          04.07.05 08:59

Comment

You guys have to have Strikeball hosted before you'll play it? How hard is it to get a few people in there and just start playing? I've done that several times and it was quite enjoyable... for me at least (maybe not so much for all the asses that I kicked).

By the way, if I ever get back into the programming thing, I might try my hand at doing something for Strikeball. I assume TWCore is still in use?
            Reclusion
            "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

hahahaha

I have never seen you in Sb, when was the last time u played? :P

Comment

I'm saying I have played before. When I was actually in TW regularly, I played Strikeball (rather, Speedball) quite regularly.
                Reclusion
                "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
                  i believe strikeball should stay a hosted event, if we have too many automated events like wbduel and base, there will not be enough players in any of them and nothing will get played.
                  Basing and WBdueling (jav dueling too i guess) are obviously the most popular arenas as they allow for TWD and TWL practice, i say keep it that way.

plus keeping arenas such as strike ball from not be automated makes them even more special when they do get hosted
                  Have you forgotten of the Trench wars strikeball league. We sb ppl need practice too.
                  I would hardly call sb a hosted event. atm it is mainly active only when a handful of us keep the arena open and bring ppl in. I have seen it hosted twice or so, and that it because we(the sb ppl) asked for it.
                  viva la TWSBL!!

Comment

The league died...

Along with Holybird's resignation the league died, I wish a new SB head would be appointed but that doesn't seem like its gonna happen. Sad really....

Comment

Implement it in TWD as a fun division and people will play it more
                      Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelsong
                        The wonderfulness of that amazes me. I would never leave ss if sb could be put into TWD. plus i could finally get into a good squad w/my sb skills

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelsong
                          why would we need that if it already has its own league?
                          04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
                            why would we need that if it already has its own league?
                            the league is pretty much dead. holy was the head of it. he was supposed to get it back going after twl but hes gone. in case u hadnt noticed the strikeball forum is gone also. incorparating into twd may be just the thing needed to revive it.

Comment

Regular Games

We could have regular squads play each other like bd's in the Strikeball arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X