Automated Strikeball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigh...

All I wanted was bot in the Strikeball arena to have automated games.

Comment

thread revived! so where would one, such as myself, get ahold of some bot source to examine. esp. the 1 in wbduel and sbbot

Comment

The publicly available TW Bot core is located at http://twcore.twzone.net but unfortunately I don't believe it has any source for the MatchBots.
        sdg

Comment

my best guess would be to talk to the bot creators in TW,

jacen solo / 2dragons etc..

see what they can do to get you started, (dont spam or annoy them though.. or u will get nothing, guarenteed)
          04.07.05 08:59

Comment

I now realized the power of documentation -_-

It's annoying to understand the code without it, and my lack of advanced knowledge in java doesn't help either...

Maybe I'll just wait until it's fully documented.

Is it possible to add an automated feature like the baseBot onto the sbBot? such as picks, ready, sub and stuff. I don't think it should be very hard. The sbBot already tracks the stats, so this seems like a possible idea.

Comment

Stuff rarely gets documented, don't wait for that, ever.

Although there exists code that already does picks/ready/sub/etc., it's not always easy to transplant code from one thing to another. Often it is entangled in a lot of other stuff, e.g. roster database checks, etc.

It is really easy to make your own pick/ready/sub functions, just think about it; it's just a list of players and nothing else.

One more thing, existing code for picking players won't work in ?go strikeball. Sometimes you'll want to add another player and the arena won't let it happen... because 'Teams would be too uneven'. More likely, it'll put a player in as a javelin, when really you wanted him to be a warbird.

If you do want to get better in Java then this would be an ideal project. Start small (just get picking done), then keep adding new small bits until it becomes a nice big SB bot with your nick on the !about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
                my best guess would be to talk to the bot creators in TW,

jacen solo / 2dragons etc..

see what they can do to get you started, (dont spam or annoy them though.. or u will get nothing, guarenteed)
                Superdave(postal) is also damn good when it comes to developing events and bots for said events.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I believe SDP is not a botter. My assumption stems from him requesting a coder make a bot for his bowling arena.

Comment

let's get this goin.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                      Superdave(postal) is also damn good when it comes to developing events and bots for said events.
                      sdp is great when it comes to arenas.

but he is head of maps etc in TWDev, jacen solo is head of Bot coding

i will talk to the rest in TWDev and see if we can get a bot setup.
                      Last edited by Tibro; 02-18-2005, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Just idle curiosity, but what all would a strikeball bot have to do?
                        I'm assuming something like wbduel, where a capt picks people then !ready's it, but what specific rules would the bot have to monitor? Trying to write a bot to watch for lag shots might be a bit tricky
                        People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

If I had my druthers, it would just keep teams even.

EDIT: and warn people sitting on the goal tiles without ball.

Comment

Very incomplete list of things that could go in a SB bot:

Automation:
                            Setting up game start
                            Picking players
                            'Assist' message when a goal is scored

Rule enforcement: (ask Trunks_Rage for any clarification)
                            Phase goals (league only)
                            Non-ball carriers loitering in goal tiles
                            No cherrypicking

Stats:
                            Assists
                            Ball time
                            etc... see bot in Hockey Zone

Misc:
                            Save results to log (1v1 results can be made into a ladder)

Probably best to concentrate on one area of features.

Comment

Yea...lets get it going....

So who wants to be the oh so nice person that makes the bot? ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
                                i will talk to the rest in TWDev and see if we can get a bot setup.

^ .

Comment

Working...
                                X