No announcement yet.

Ever play for $$? well here's yer chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats awesome xsliderx, of course thats not what I would do with $200, but ok.. if you need any help with anything dude hit me up I might be able to give you some assistance.
    Wark <ER>> yeah but.. tostadas are something I should really enjoy
    claushouse> wark learn to spell?
    Prophet> what'd he spell wrong?:P
    claushouse> what are tostadas lol
    claushouse> or is it really tostadas
    claushouse> <------owned?
    Wark <ER>> badly

Comment

• xSliderx is funny, he thinks that he is the man in here.

makes me laff :>

thx for it xSliderx
      Originally posted by Kolar
      My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
      ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Hatred
        Did you miss it the first time? The lure of money, even if you're a lying sack of shit who won't pay up (which I still suspect is the case), has suckered them into joining this pathetic joke of a tournament. I'm just going to feel sorry for the winner, even if they cheat. It's not easy to beat 99 other players, cheats or not. Nevermind the fact that they won't get paid if they find out that the tournament host is a fucking fraud.

Bottom line, though, let's talk sensibly, man-to-man. My belief is that this is a lose-lose situation for the community. If it goes through and you don't pay up, the damage is done anyway. We'd have 100 highly pissed players going on a rampage in the zone. If it goes through and you DO pay up, people are going to want more cash tournaments, and with more tournaments we'll have more players resorting to underhanded tactics trying to get a little bit of money out of a free game. Believe me, I'd love to see this work out as much as anyone else, and if you can make it work out by enforcing fair officiating and paying up like you're promising to do, more power to you. I don't want in on it, but if I've got time I'll watch and see how it goes. I'm sorry I'm such a short-tempered dick right now, but I've got some offline problems at the moment and I really shouldn't be wasting my time on this damn forum.

Umm?

Cash tournaments have worked frequently before on other games, i see no reason why they can't work here.

Can't you just let it go... wait and see... Then do your bitching later.
        Stop shooting him down for it and you never know.. he might pay up.
        In the end i'm sure people would have signed up if it had no prize anyway..
        TW has built it's foundations on "noob! i'm better than you" so people would have signed up anyway.

Just wait and see dude.. the only damage done is to himself if he doesn't pay. I'm sure the winner won't be happy but meh..
        Why do you care anyway if you're not entering?
        STARKITTY
        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

• Agreed. I signed up because most of the time I'm hanging around in ?go javs or doing something equally unimportant. Why -not- be in a tournament?
          dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

• Originally posted by xSliderx
            Here's a better headline:

Local Gamer has Tree in Ass!

(AP) A local gamer known as Ephemeral, a semi unpopular player on the game subspace, was found to have a tree in his ass today. The man known for complaining about and belittling even the smallest things, does not recall how the tree in his ass got there. Rescue parties have since attempted to remove the tree by speaking a little sense to him saying "Its just a tournament, and it costs the players nothing to play". All attempt thus far to remove the tree have been unsuccessful. Ephemeral has since been removed from the population to avoid scaring old people and small children.
            I will repeat what I posted 7 days ago. Bond the fucking money and all of this will go away. Stop posting your little lists and put the money where your mouth is. It's been seven days, nothing has been bonded. Each day that goes by and the money isn't bonded is just another day that creditablity slips away from you and this whole things looks like a scam. Posting your lists does not add creditiablity, no matter how hard tou try.

So do us all a favor and do not post again until the money has been bonded, and you can tell us how to verfiy the bonding with an independant third party.

Comment

• You don't have anything to lose, but you don't have anything to gain, either. $200 is too high of an amount to be trustworthy. If he said somethng around the $50 or less, or perhaps said he would buy the winner a game of his/her choice, it would be more believable... But $200? It isn't real. The only thing this does is give this newb, xsliderx, some name recognition. Bad name recognition will still be recognition. Though, doing it this way will make it nearly impossible to join other squads and no one will want to join a lying piece of shit's squad, in my fairly educated opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral
                Bond the fucking money and all of this will go away
                Im gonna explain something to you...now perk up, gather round, and try to have some sense of what im gonna say. I know its a little too hard for your closed mind to understand.....but try ok? Good? Here goes:

1) I DONT HAVE to do shit with bonding the money if I choose not to. In case you havent noticed, 88 people dont care if I bond it, or give it out myself. This is my show. Truth is, that once I bond the money with staff....It becomes THEIR show. Try to understand that ok? Simple golden rule.....If you think its a scam, Then DONT sign up! Very simple.

2) I have actually been trying to bond it for the last week. Im waiting for the staff im in contact with to tell me where and to whom to send it to. I understand they busy people, so im being patient. Try to ask the right questions before you go making yourself look like an ass by making backwater assumptions.

Now dont get me wrong.....I know you mean well, and yer lookin out for the players I dunno....but there's my answer to your statement.

Originally posted by MetalKid
                doing it this way will make it nearly impossible to join other squads and no one will want to join a lying piece of shit's squad, in my fairly educated opinion.
                Metal..
                Dont go making comments where you obviously know nothing about.
                1) Im already on a good squad....all of which know about my tourney, and some of which have joined.

2) I get shitloads of offers everyday to join squads, and good ones.

3) I didnt do this for recognition.....I did it out of pure fun, and cuz I wanted to start a fun trend for TW. Yes you may think $200 is a bit high and you would never give it out.....but its not that much to me

I mean hey...Id rather give out $200 for a fun SS tourney and have loads of fun doing it....then having to light my cigars with the excess 100's I have lying around :greedy:

This is gonna be the ABSOLUTE LAST time I reply to the negatives. Ive got bigger things to worry about and plan for, so I will leave you with ONE GOLDEN RULE

If you think its a scam or it wont work? DONT SIGN UP!!

I think thats simple enough for you dont ya think?

Hasta!!
                Marshmallow Marines
                "Arguing is like running in the special olympics...even if you win yer still retarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by StarKitty
                  Umm?

Cash tournaments have worked frequently before on other games, i see no reason why they can't work here.

Can't you just let it go... wait and see... Then do your bitching later.
                  Stop shooting him down for it and you never know.. he might pay up.
                  In the end i'm sure people would have signed up if it had no prize anyway..
                  TW has built it's foundations on "noob! i'm better than you" so people would have signed up anyway.

Just wait and see dude.. the only damage done is to himself if he doesn't pay. I'm sure the winner won't be happy but meh..
                  Why do you care anyway if you're not entering?
                  I care because I don't want to see a free game that has been enjoyed for nine years start playing host to these cash tournaments that make players stoop to new lows for a couple hundred bucks. If everyone can play cleanly, great, but I just don't trust a hundred people to do that. Call me pessimistic, but I've seen cash tournaments held on other games and the cheating that occurred in all of them really pissed me off, so I'm more than a little bit worried that the same thing's going to happen here. I'll still show up to watch this tournament if I get time, and I wish Slider the best of luck with this, but if this doesn't go smoothly the TW community is fucked. And needless to say I've grown attached to a large portion of the TW community. THAT is why I care. I'm sorry if I'm a paranoid asshole about the whole deal.
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                  Originally posted by the_paul
                  Gargle battery acid fuckface
                  Originally posted by Material Girl
                  I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Metal..
                    Dont go making comments where you obviously know nothing about.
                    1) Im already on a good squad....all of which know about my tourney, and some of which have joined.
                    Define a good squad. I'm talking about TWL material. Of course people from your squad will sign up, since if you fuck them, it'll be all over for you.
                    Originally posted by xSliderx
                    2) I get shitloads of offers everyday to join squads, and good ones.
                    You and your idle talk again. I am sure none of them are in TWL. Lets hear some examples of your so called good squads. Right now, I bet no one is offering you a place on their squad, or their squad sucks... So you came up with this thing in order to improve your "popularity" or at least name recognition. Did you notice that you have the letter "x" at the beginning and the end of your name?
                    Originally posted by xSliderx
                    3) I didnt do this for recognition.....I did it out of pure fun, and cuz I wanted to start a fun trend for TW. Yes you may think $200 is a bit high and you would never give it out.....but its not that much to me
                    How can you start a 1 on 1 tourny when TWEL has already been established for that in the past. Pure fun? Yeah, pure fun for you when you get the last laugh in the end. If $200 is not that much to you, siphon some money off to the TW Server Fund.

Comment

• Okay, lets assume for a second that this is all legit and everything goes the way you claim it will. You claim it is for fun, but there must be an alternate motive. This has to be some sort of stunt to get the TW community to know your name. Essentially, you are going to try to bribe the community in order to get a higher "status". All there is to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalKid
                        Okay, lets assume for a second that this is all legit and everything goes the way you claim it will. You claim it is for fun, but there must be an alternate motive. This has to be some sort of stunt to get the TW community to know your name. Essentially, you are going to try to bribe the community in order to get a higher "status". All there is to it.
                        MK,
                        At first I thought that too, but since then he has proven to me that he is isn't very intelligent. I find his posts to be very arrogant and egotistical. He claims to have been 'trying' so hard to bond the money, yet it appears that he is spending more time and effort on posting his 'lists' (in a failed effort to claim creditability). The more arrogant and defensive I see him get, the more it becomes apparent to me that this is a waste of time.

Think about it, if you were him, would you be so defensive and just down right porky about it? If you were doing this, and it was really legitimate, and you wanted to make a good impression in this community, would you makes posts like he has done? Wouldn’t you show some understanding that some people might have doubts and be somewhat apprehensive rather than come out being all defensive and aggressive?

His very first post states that his objective was to do something ‘fun’ for the community. Can anyone read through this thread and claim that this has been fun so far? If the objective was truly ‘fun’, then he would have had the money bonded BEFORE he ever even posted. Instead, I believe his idea of ‘fun’ is flaming people for having reasonable doubts. The kid has virtually lived in this thread since it was started. Until this post, I haven’t flamed him at all, I only raised some legitimate questions and concerns. Yet look at his responses to me, personal attacks and flames.

If people want to support him, but more importantly if they want to support his approach to whole thing, more power to them. I truly hope that everything all works out and people have fun. But obviously given his attitude so far, it has been anything but fun for anyone, including himself.

Comment

• 1) Lolli_Aloha! -Australia
                          2) Horny Elf -Norway
                          3) Wolfstar -Australia
                          4) Fireblade -Netherlands
                          5) The voodoo child -United States
                          6) Proximo -United States
                          7) AKA -United States
                          8) Killer Soldier -United States
                          9) Cundor -Belgium
                          10) Ilduce -United States
                          11) Send -Canada
                          12) 30 rabid llamas -United States
                          13) Volcs -Canada
                          14) Creature -United States
                          15) Springy -United States
                          16) Madpsi -United States
                          17) Foxes -United States
                          18) Da1andonly -Finland
                          19) Displaced -Finland
                          20) Sharpshot -United States
                          21) Might -Norway
                          22) Deliver -Jamaica
                          23) Pegasis -United States
                          24) Jamal -United States
                          25) rodneY -United States
                          26) Tarriskat -Canada
                          27) RATT -Norway
                          28) bloodzombie -United States
                          29) Necrodude -United States
                          30) SaiyanSoldier -United States
                          31) Accord -United States
                          32) Aerin -Canada
                          33) Star Kitty -United Kingdom
                          34) Nable -Australia
                          35) Jones -Finland
                          36) Predator Rulez -Netherlands
                          37) Arikel -Portugal
                          38) Nikolai -Germany
                          39) PjOtTeR -Netherlands
                          40) Sumpson -Netherlands
                          41) Kim <ER> -Canada
                          42) Skyforger -Lativia
                          43) GuruMeditation -France
                          44) Lambaste -United States
                          45) aznwierdo -China
                          46) Duclover -United States
                          47) Agony -United Kingdom
                          48) Dressed in Black -Canada
                          49) Tahkis -Finland
                          50) sluiba -Finland
                          51) Desperate -Finland
                          52) Hellforger -Lativia
                          53) Kokkeliskikkelis -Finland
                          54) Utopia -Finland
                          55) Server -Finland
                          56) DUMBRIT! -United Kingdom
                          57) exe -Finland
                          58) JANITOR -Canada
                          59) OTT24 -Australia
                          60) Dameon Angell -United States
                          61) Qyll -United States
                          62) Sleepy Weasel -United States
                          63) T Mac-1 -United States
                          64) Epinephrine -Canada
                          65) Amputate -United States
                          66) zy -Canada
                          67) Skatarius -New Zealand
                          68) Webbb -United States
                          69) Adeon -UNited States
                          70) BrokenFist -Australia
                          71) Underground -Portugal
                          72) Thirsty -Netherlands
                          73) AvenDragon -United States
                          74) emaho -Sweden
                          75) Shas'la T'au Kais -United Kingdom
                          76) Jester -Norway
                          77) Tibro -United Kingdom
                          78) Kharnor -Australia
                          79) Reaver -United States
                          80) Lag.Com -United Kingdom
                          81) HELLZNO! -Canada
                          82) JeBu -Finland
                          83) Shadow_Fox -United Kingdom
                          84) Pure_Luck -United States
                          85) Let it Rain -United States
                          86) Vykromond -United States
                          87) The Hawk -United States
                          88) K A N E -United States
                          89) bigyin -Scotland
                          90) Kyace -United States

There's only 10 slots available, so sign up now. Go here to sign up: http://s7.invisionfree.com/WoR/index.php?showforum=9

Go here to see updated Rules for the Tournament: http://s7.invisionfree.com/WoR/index.php?showtopic=29

Hasta!!

Marshmallow Marines
                          "Arguing is like running in the special olympics...even if you win yer still retarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral
                            MK,
                            At first I thought that too, but since then he has proven to me that he is isn't very intelligent. I find his posts to be very arrogant and egotistical. He claims to have been 'trying' so hard to bond the money, yet it appears that he is spending more time and effort on posting his 'lists' (in a failed effort to claim creditability). The more arrogant and defensive I see him get, the more it becomes apparent to me that this is a waste of time.

Think about it, if you were him, would you be so defensive and just down right porky about it? If you were doing this, and it was really legitimate, and you wanted to make a good impression in this community, would you makes posts like he has done? Wouldn’t you show some understanding that some people might have doubts and be somewhat apprehensive rather than come out being all defensive and aggressive?

His very first post states that his objective was to do something ‘fun’ for the community. Can anyone read through this thread and claim that this has been fun so far? If the objective was truly ‘fun’, then he would have had the money bonded BEFORE he ever even posted. Instead, I believe his idea of ‘fun’ is flaming people for having reasonable doubts. The kid has virtually lived in this thread since it was started. Until this post, I haven’t flamed him at all, I only raised some legitimate questions and concerns. Yet look at his responses to me, personal attacks and flames.

If people want to support him, but more importantly if they want to support his approach to whole thing, more power to them. I truly hope that everything all works out and people have fun. But obviously given his attitude so far, it has been anything but fun for anyone, including himself.
                            If I had done it, I would have started out the same way, saying how I wanted to do this. Though, the bonding of money thing... It would definately increase the credibility, but he has a valid point in that it would be Staff's show and he could very well lose a lot of power in the whole process... Plus, he wouldn't be able to cancel it at the last minute (which he may intend to do). Though, I would have gone through the proper channels before hand, like, an SMOD at least, to propose the idea. But whatever, I'm not going to bother posting anymore about some newb's way to fame, which should be earned thru skill.

Comment

• Are you jealous MK? Bitter maybe? Why do you care so much that some guy has some money to blow and wants to do a tournament? You seem really angry that this guy may get attention or something? You must be in desparate need of it from the looks of what you've been saying. Chill already and let it play out, oh no he gets some 'fame' on a 2d spaceship game.. it really means that much to you to bash him? Give it a rest.

Comment

Here's a better headline:

and belittling even the smallest things,

]
                                If it's already small, you don't need to belittle it.
                                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                                X