Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ?buy ideas thread (read for laughs or submit your own!)(NotRepeatThread,NewIdeas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain for Pleasure. Good song by the way.

o and Tone: There's this place called SVS. You might like it ^-^
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Crapspace?

Lets take a look at one example from my list and examine just how crazy and game ruining and extreme games-like it is. for instance ?buy mega rocket for levis:

?buy MegaRocket - give levi a rocket that lasts 15 seconds. the Levi's alternative to flag warp, but not as good. Price: 40,000

ok so what does this mean? it means a levi would go super fast for 15 seconds out of hours and hours of play. thats right, 15 seconds out of hours and hours of play, because the price is 40,000.

youd be lucky of you ran into a levi doing it once every week or two. yopu might go a whole month and happen to run into one levi doing it. sounds completely insane, right? i suppose thats much more extreme than a cloaked ship all of the time, not 15 seconds out of hours.

The 'Rare Rewards' idea is great and you know it. it would make points more valuble and add fun to have super-expensive rarely used equipment
      Last edited by Tone; 02-02-2005, 06:42 PM.

Comment

wtf is a megarocket. u dont even play the same game as the rest of us

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
          Crapspace?

Lets take a look at one example from my list and examine just how crazy and game ruining and extreme games-like it is. for instance ?buy mega rocket for levis:

?buy MegaRocket - give levi a rocket that lasts 15 seconds. the Levi's alternative to flag warp, but not as good. Price: 40,000

ok so what does this mean? it means a levi would go super fast for 15 seconds out of hours and hours of play. thats right, 15 seconds out of hours and hours of play, because the price is 40,000.

youd be lucky of you ran into a levi doing it once every week or two. yopu might go a whole month and happen to run into one levi doing it. sounds completely insane, right? i suppose thats much more extreme than a cloaked ship all of the time, not 15 seconds out of hours.

The 'Rare Rewards' idea is great and you know it. it would make points more valuble and add fun to have super-expensive rarely used equipment
          if it is gonna take hours of play.. there is no point in doing it!

will people please stop trying to modify the pubs all the time?
          04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
            if it is gonna take hours of play.. there is no point in doing it!

will people please stop trying to modify the pubs all the time?
            the game where you have low priced, medium priced, and very high priced items is more complete rather than just a few lowpriced items, which seems incomplete and too simple.

points mean nothing, except buy a few decoys and antiwarps here and there. i get 250,000 points, so what, who cares, is someone going to go WOW, hes got 250,000 points? no, its just a number, cig smoke. on the other hand if i could put my points to practical use with low priced (burst, repels, etc), medium priced (Decoy, Antiwarp), and ultra high priced (specialty items above), then the points are actually worth something and it makes more sense. im surprised that very high priced items have not been thought of and that theres just a few items in the store.

i think people are more impressed by something like 250 wins, 50 loses (good PCT) and not very many points, than who has the most points. its not really a show off and is worthless
            Last edited by Tone; 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Tone, apparently you don't get how crappy it could be.

Say you save up all your points to get one of your ?buy things, like portal or megarocket as any ship... y'know how pissed off players will get if they get killed the moment they fly out of the safe zone? Have you ever bought anything out of safe zone? Usually Spider players get pissed if they buy antiwarp, attach, and then the moment they detach, they get killed. Same if you're buying decoys.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

the game where you have low priced, medium priced, and very high priced items is more complete rather than just a few lowpriced items, which seems incomplete and too simple.

points mean nothing, except buy a few decoys and antiwarps here and there. i get 250,000 points, so what, who cares, is someone going to go WOW, hes got 250,000 points? no, its just a number, cig smoke. on the other hand if i could put my points to practical use with low priced (burst, repels, etc), medium priced (Decoy, Antiwarp), and ultra high priced (specialty items above), then the points are actually worth something and it makes more sense. im surprised that very high priced items have not been thought of and that theres just a few items in the store.
                Obviously you've never played CounterStrike. Buy yourself the most expensive gun and then go out and attempt to make use of it. Unless you're really good, you won't get more than 10 feet before you're capped in the head. This is the samething.

EDIT:
                Forgive the double post.

EDITx2:
                There is one thing that might be cool. Have multiports maybe, so a Terr or some other ship can have two portals set, say one in mid base and one in flagroom, and the Terr would port to them in the order in which they were dropped.
                Last edited by SpiderMage; 02-02-2005, 07:06 PM.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                  Tone, apparently you don't get how crappy it could be.

Say you save up all your points to get one of your ?buy things, like portal or megarocket as any ship... y'know how pissed off players will get if they get killed the moment they fly out of the safe zone? Have you ever bought anything out of safe zone? Usually Spider players get pissed if they buy antiwarp, attach, and then the moment they detach, they get killed. Same if you're buying decoys.
                  yes spidermage, very good, thats another cool thing about this buy thing thats part of the game...you take a gamble, a risk with buying something very high, and then do your best not to get killed right away when you get out of the safe before you use it. thats the risk you take. it wouldnt make sense if you were gureenteed a huge kill by paying for it, you have to stay alive long enough to use it, and when you use it, you cant mess it up

now since you dont like these things, i thought that youd like the fact that someone could die before using it.

Comment

Most of these ?buy suggestions aren't even possible. You can't have ?buy items that change the characteristics of bullets/bombs/mines/bursts. SOME of the ideas would work if they were implemented with bot !commands but again, most of them are impossible.
                    sdg

Comment

I'm saddened by the fact that this guy legitimately wanted this. I thought it was a joke up until his 4th or 5th post.
                      Reclusion
                      "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Stop Thinking Outside The Box, Tone!!

New Ideas Are A Bad Thing!!
                        Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
                        Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
                        Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
                        Catgirl> rofl
                        Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
                        fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
                        fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
                        Kim> loool
                        fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

I like how he didn't suggest ?buy xradar.

Comment

suxxor, that's completely ridiculous.

Give all ships the ability to ?buy cloak instead.
                            FREE MANDELA

Comment

Originally posted by suxxor
                              I like how he didn't suggest ?buy xradar.
                              that was on my original list when i first thought about this months ago, i just didnt list it in this post. its another good idea

to the person who said its sad that im serious - no its not, they are high priced things that would hardly be used. the safe store should have both low and very high priced items. once in a great while youd see someone using special equipment. the difference from these suggestions would be many times less noticed than the new change in lancasters and cloakers, which is a major changed noticed daily

Comment

to the person who said its sad that im serious - no its not
                                Yes, my friend, I'm affraid it is.
                                Reclusion
                                "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Working...
                                X