Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ?buy ideas thread (read for laughs or submit your own!)(NotRepeatThread,NewIdeas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ?buy ideas thread (read for laughs or submit your own!)(NotRepeatThread,NewIdeas)

I hope this is not a repeat thread because #1 i have new ideas and #2 i wanted my own thread instead of taking up that other guys thread.

If you believe that the following ideas are silly or no good, then read just for laughs instead. submit your own ?buy suggestions if you want

Strange high priced ideas, not quite all to be taken seriously:

Note: before judging the ideas, or judging the whole post as a long list of things to 'turn TW in to Extreme Games', look at the ultra high price of these things.

?Buy bullets - the never expiring terrier and jav bullets idea for lets say 10 or 20 thousand, they would be able to litter the place with slow moving bullets until someone kills them (for a hefty price). maybe if its jav only it would be best, since they are easy to kill. X would stay cloaked and kep spraying bullets around...terrier would port and run fast, but not be as bad as X.

?Buy LongBurst - the 5-minute burst is another idea, a burst that just does not wear off for an entire 5 minutes. of course, the most damage it could do would be to kill three ships (excluding attached) because once it hits a ship, it DOES wear off, even if the 5 minutes arent up. Price: 40,000

?buy Portal2 - allow all ships to buy portals, but only terrier can get it via a green, if a ship picks up a port green, it goes to their terrier but not them. price for non terrier ship to get a portal: 30,000. a little tiny taste of warpwars at a high price.

?buy SuperEnergy - this would take whatever ship, and change its energy to 1550, if a warbird bullet hit this ship with full energy, it would go down to almost empty but not die. Lancaster was like this for a short time. if energy is even slightly below full, a warbird hit does kill. Price of Change energy to 1550: 45,000 points

?buy Shelds - this idea wouldnt be particularly that powerful at all, what it would do is allow for one instance of damage with no energy loss. one WB hit, your sheilds fail, one weak spider bullet hit, your sheilds still fail, few inches from a levi bomb, your sheilds still fail. any single instance of damage, no matter how weak or powerful will fail your sheilds, even if its one spider bullet. then your ship is back to normal. this being rather weak and almost useless would only cost 10,000, still pretty high for something thats gone with just a single instance of damage.

?buy thors - instead of other idea, raise the price of thors to 100,000 and have no proximity, and the power of a jav bomb rather than levi

?buy speed - increases speed by 20% price: 30,000. the levis would love it. one buy per life. it would be neat for them too. a 20% faster levi is still rather slow and easy to kill, and it costs them a whole 30,000 anyway.

?buy thrust - Increases thrust by 20% Price:30,000 if you could buy more than one at once it should be limited to two or three, otherwise someone would get so fast they would be to hard to kill. maybe limit it to one buy per life.

?buy FlagWarp makes your next warp spawn you in the flag room with zero energy. if levi bought FlagWarp, it would almost always be of no use to it because the warp resets energy to zero and levi takes long to recharge. price: 50,000

?buy MegaRocket - give levi a rocket that lasts 15 seconds. the Levi's alternative to flag warp, but not as good. Price: 40,000

?buy Levibomb - gives a spider a levi bomb that is fired with Tab. Price: 25,000

?buy AntiAntiWarp - disables a spiders antiwarp. Price - 5,000

?Buy AntiAntiAntiWarp - disables AntiAntiWarp so Spider can turn antiwarp back on - Price 5,000

?buy X killer - activating X killer kills every X in the arena instantly and credits you with the kill, would be as fair as an invisible ship suddenly killing you. my ideal price of this would be one point.

?buy Gamble - 60% of the time this causes you to lose 10,000 points, 40% of the time it causes you to gain 10,000 points. the odds are stacked against you.

?buy Lotto - 99% of the time this causes you too lose 1,000 points, but 1% of the time you gaine 70,000 points. The odds are stacked against you because 100 times 1,000 equals 100,000, not 70,000. if you win you get paid far from what odds are.
    Last edited by Tone; 02-02-2005, 06:55 AM.

?Buy bullets - the never expiring terrier and jav bullets idea for lets say 10 or 20 thousand, they would be able to litter the place with slow moving bullets until someone kills them (for a hefty price). maybe if its jav only it would be best, since they are easy to kill. X would stay cloaked and kep spraying bullets around...terrier would port and run fast, but not be as bad as X.
    Not a bad idea by any means, but I don't think it would work in TW.

?Buy LongBurst - the 5-minute burst is another idea, a burst that just does not wear off for an entire 5 minutes. of course, the most damage it could do would be to kill three ships (excluding attached) because once it hits a ship, it DOES wear off, even if the 5 minutes arent up. Price: 40,000
    Bursts are annoying enough as it is, not just for the cloakers that you love to hate but for all ships. Bad idea.

?buy Portal2 - allow all ships to buy portals, but only terrier can get it via a green, if a ship picks up a port green, it goes to their terrier but not them. price for non terrier ship to get a portal: 30,000. a little tiny taste of warpwars at a high price.
    Don't see why this wouldn't work.

?buy SuperEnergy - this would take whatever ship, and change its energy to 1550, if a warbird bullet hit this ship with full energy, it would go down to almost empty but not die. Lancaster was like this for a short time. if energy is even slightly below full, a warbird hit does kill. Price of Change energy to 1550: 45,000 points
    TW has always thrived on the "one L3 bullet hit = kill" aspect of things, throwing this into the equation screws the balance up.

?buy Shelds - this idea wouldnt be particularly that powerful at all, what it would do is allow for one instance of damage with no energy loss. one WB hit, your sheilds fail, one weak spider bullet hit, your sheilds still fail, few inches from a levi bomb, your sheilds still fail. any single instance of damage, no matter how weak or powerful will fail your sheilds, even if its one spider bullet. then your ship is back to normal. this being rather weak and almost useless would only cost 10,000, still pretty high for something thats gone with just a single instance of damage.
    Useless.

?buy thors - instead of other idea, raise the price of thors to 100,000 and have no proximity, and the power of a jav bomb rather than levi
    Thors WILL NOT work in Trench Wars pubs. Even at L1 power, they will wipe out an FR with little to no effort. Just get in an LT if you want to do that.

?buy speed - increases speed by 20% price: 30,000. the levis would love it. one buy per life. it would be neat for them too. a 20% faster levi is still rather slow and easy to kill, and it costs them a whole 30,000 anyway.
    Restrict this to certain ships and I'm all for it. Warbirds, Terriers and Weasels are all just fine with the speed they have.

?buy thrust - Increases thrust by 20% Price:30,000 if you could buy more than one at once it should be limited to two or three, otherwise someone would get so fast they would be to hard to kill. maybe limit it to one buy per life.
    Two words: balance disruption. The thrust rates of all the ships are exactly where they should be.

?buy FlagWarp makes your next warp spawn you in the flag room with zero energy. if levi bought FlagWarp, it would almost always be of no use to it because the warp resets energy to zero and levi takes long to recharge. price: 50,000
    First blatantly retarded suggestion.

?buy MegaRocket - give levi a rocket that lasts 15 seconds.
    the Levi's alternative to flag warp, but not as good. Price: 40,000
    Second blatantly retarded suggestion.

?buy Levibomb - gives a spider a levi bomb that is fired with Tab. Price: 25,000
    L3 bombs have no place in TW pubs, particularly when you put them on a basing ship.

?buy AntiAntiWarp - disables a spiders antiwarp. Price - 5,000
    ?Buy AntiAntiAntiWarp - disables AntiAntiWarp so Spider can turn antiwarp back on - Price 5,000
    ... What? What are you smoking?

?buy X killer - activating X killer kills every X in the arena instantly and credits you with the kill, would be as fair as an invisible ship suddenly killing you. my ideal price of this would be one point.
    Here we go again. I knew your somewhat sensible ideas would lead up to one filled with nothing but bullshit and whining.

?buy Gamble - 60% of the time this causes you to lose 10,000 points, 40% of the time it causes you to gain 10,000 points. the odds are stacked against you.
    ?buy Lotto - 99% of the time this causes you too lose 1,000 points, but 1% of the time you gaine 70,000 points. The odds are stacked against you because 100 times 1,000 equals 100,000, not 70,000. if you win you get paid far from what odds are.
    This might appeal to Cig Smoke in his quest for the highest point total in TW pub history, but I don't see many other players buying into these two.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

This...is...something...i...dont...even...wanna read....
      -Kawrae

Comment

since you want to mess with the settings lets get one thing straight. there are 2 underpovered ships in tw. if there would be something to buy it must help those ships and not hurt them

bounce for lancs making it even more easy to shoot something
        repel for cloakers

portals or thors are retardes, that would make terring impossible. as for shields, (super)energy or bricks to warp them: why not, but the price is way to low. messing with the speed and bullets will just screw everything up. imagine a speeded terr with lvl3 bullets. the rest is silly/impossible

Comment

pure hatred, its supposed to screw with balance and cause disruptions, its supposed to rarely because of high price. an arena that thrives on one kill L3 bullets with a slight rare touch of speciality items would be the perfect arena. an arena that thrives on one kill L3 bullets without it is also very good but not quite as perfect. an arena like extreme games just sucks.

Comment

?Buy AntiAntiAntiAntiWarp : OWNED

Comment

this is getting funny.

tone this will NVR happen.
              Originally posted by Kolar
              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
              ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

I think they use those settings in a game called Crapspace
                I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

u spelt shields wrong.
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

<_< this is dumb

.?buy skills

.?buy agoodthread

<_<

Comment

I have the best one...

?buy Tone Annihilation
                      For the low low cost of 0 points, you, yes YOU, too can have the best ability in the game. Intrested? Well here's what the Tone Annihilator offers for you!

The moment you enter any arena/pub/zone the Tone Annihilator activates. With the Tone Annihilator active, anytime t0ne enters ANY arena, ANY pub, or ANY zone, on his name or ANY other name, he INSTANTLY DIES!! Yes that's right folks, he dies INSTANTLY! No more muss or fuss about hunting him down and making him all of a sudden explode from a Weasel kill, no no, that's a thing of the past my friends. With the new Tone Annihilator you can just sit back and watch him explode from anywhere. Now, you might be asking yourself... "if everyone has it, and t0ne dies every 3 seconds, who gets the kill?". Hoho, that's the joy in this, EVERYONE gets credit for the kill(except t0ne), and for every kill you recive points, thus making your point totals through the roof!!

To order the Tone Annihilator, please call 1-800 Ship Six and follow the easy instructions to order this fine piece of ability for your ship today!

Supplies are limited to all players other than t0ne, so get yours today before it's too late!

Shipping and Handling may apply, price does not include sales tax.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
                        ?Buy AntiAntiAntiAntiWarp : OWNED
                        :up:

pure hatred, its supposed to screw with balance and cause disruptions, its supposed to rarely because of high price. an arena that thrives on one kill L3 bullets with a slight rare touch of speciality items would be the perfect arena. an arena that thrives on one kill L3 bullets without it is also very good but not quite as perfect. an arena like extreme games just sucks.
                        So what you want to do is take a near-perfect zone and infuse elements from other zones, all of which are horrible?

That's it. Somebody put this kid on as sysop. He's a fucking genius.
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

This comes from someone with the member title:

"X unbalanced & ruins game"

Not as bad as the other guy who had "I hate stupid people"

Comment

While we're messing with the settings, let's make all other ships like ship 6, and make ship 8 a HUGE ship which has no speed, no turning, no guns, no bombs, no movement, and then make T0ne use it.
                            >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

I'd get more laughs if I stabbed myself in the foot than from this thread
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X