Javelin limit in PurePub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theif of Time
    If someone teamkills too much the bot switches their ship to spider and stops them from changing back to jav for a five minute period. Like a timeout. Even if it is accidental, the punishment isn't too severe (engine shutdowns will just make them get spawned) Five minutes without jav isn't a bad thing.
    Sorry why don't you suggest an auto-ban for tking 3 players in a row? Engine shutdowns will only make them close Continuum.exe with the Task Manager in Alt + Tab mode. And regarding the issue of having a timeout of 5 minutes, I think it's ridiculous. Most people choose Javs in pure pub because they can get easy kills (from teamkills as well). When they don't Jav, they leave the pub. And what happens, 50% of the team leaves. (teamkilling occasionally is unavoidable)
    Warbird Elim to 10

Near the end...

Snatch> heres an idea...just rush obnx...then he misses...then hes an easy kil
    Abh Ship B> will he miss though?
    Remu is out. 12 wins 10 losses.
    GAME OVER: Winner 0bnoxious
    0bnoxious> gg
    Abh Ship B> lol

Comment

There's one simple reason why that won't work, and it's something I've said repeatedly.

If that were enabled then with 1 rep, I could get the opposing team's shark or jav not only specced, but banned. Don't forget that forcing enemy Team Kills is actually a skilled offensive technique.

Comment

Ewan told me before I joined they tested out a system where the bot would alert Mods to team killers.. I think it spammed the hell out of the chat and or crashed the bot. I still think the alerting part could be useable for TW if tweaked properly and some kind of message tip for team killers would help new commers to public. TK is right though, forcing ship changes wouldn't help basing and I never said anything about auto bans. It would be possiable to green energy deplitions if a programmer can come up with a formula for true team killing, IE 2-4 ships in 30 secs.. that kind of thing. We need real and working solutions to the problem and i'm really at a loss without changing the ship, which I find unacceptable and not worth it.

Comment

You could also throw a limit of WBs and JAVs in ?go base.
          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
          L K> taught u what?
          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by tahkis
            You could also throw a limit of WBs and JAVs in ?go base.
            ^^^
            FREE MANDELA

Comment

?go base is dead anyway, who cares what you do with it?
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
              X