?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go base

I think it would be nice to add some more variation to ?go base.

By having a bot which is able to host base games several ways; timed games, time race games, point race, and whatever else you can think of.

Then have the players pick which one they would want to play by voting the number in pub chat, like in the elim arena's right now.
    Only the loyal count.

good idea. and with the decision the arena can change colors? adding the home field effect to LB has helped a bit but the ?go base is fucking boring as hell.

change it a bit?!

Comment

hmmm

This sounds like a decent enough idea if there are a good load in base already. But i've seen timed point games kill off many a game when the numbers are low.

from my experience i think that timed games are the best becuase they offer the possibilty of a nice comeback if you change ships to get a beter cram even if the opponent has 7 mins on the clock whilst you've got only 4 etc...

i think the main draw back of ?go base isn't really the settings but the fact that only someplayers ask for and get cap, i've been in games where its been the excate same cap's for 3 games in a row becuase the are quick to be the first to spam or the mod in charge thinks they are a good cap.

This isn't really the mods fault. but i'd like to see (if there isn't already) a mod only command for the bots that tells who caped the last game.

I find the games with the same caps the very next game a bit shity as little has changed in them.
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop
        i think the main draw back of ?go base isn't really the settings but the fact that only someplayers ask for and get cap, i've been in games where its been the excate same cap's for 3 games in a row becuase the are quick to be the first to spam or the mod in charge thinks they are a good cap.

This isn't really the mods fault. but i'd like to see (if there isn't already) a mod only command for the bots that tells who caped the last game.

I find the games with the same caps the very next game a bit shity as little has changed in them.
        Just throwing an idea around here but what if the bot recorded who plays a game and only lets cap those who've been in say at least 5 games or something, no offense to any inexperienced players but experience makes good leadership. This idea will probably get it's fair share of...flaming but what the hey

Comment

generaly the mods cap ppl the've heard off, and if none have offered its the first two too ask.

well thats my reckogning anyhows ^^

your idea has logic, but i think you need to have the bar alot higher than 5, becuase it was alot more games before i asked for (and even when i did i still doubted i was ready) captancy, but there are others who name change and ask with an "unknown" name and get cap then piss up base. If at least you had to have a certain amount of games then that would cut that out ^^
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

TSM lost his base powers for capping people that deserved it, you're suppose to cap the first two people

Comment

Which is one of many reasons ?go base sucks.
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Its not a race to type CAP into the chat. It is up the the staffer, they can pick anyway they want but always doing that is complete bullshit. I personally pick players who I know will pick good teams and generally won't terrier, jav or WB themselves (or their entire team -_-) when they know they suck at it. Time Race is good enough and if people request point race I can load it up.

Comment

I can load any of those games onto the bot sumpson, the only problem is that people complain when it's not what they're used to.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

thats a pretty good idea sumpson - a little variety would be cool

but at the same time, you must realize that base games these days tend to be very one sided.. so now if u have one very good team and one very shitty team, i pity the players that will have to play on the shitty team for 15 or 20 minutes (or however long the point race is set to)

i'd rather get a one-sided game over with in 10 minutes than waste another 5 minutes on a useless game

also: give TSM bot powers again.. he set caps with whom games were very competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Cremation
                      also: give TSM bot powers again.. he set caps with whom games were very competitive
                      What happened to TSM's bot powers?! :fear:
                      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                        I can load any of those games onto the bot sumpson, the only problem is that people complain when it's not what they're used to.
                        Why dont you take a poll, or have people message the bot with what they'd like to play (ofcourse only getting one vote)

Comment

Can't be that hard to realize that...
                          I like to play a point race once in a while too. I even prefer point race above time races. But no-one ever takes me serious so just forget what I said.
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

The thing I'd add to ?go base would be that if we spec somebody, we'd see his/her energy/ports left/whatever again. At least I like watching spids play, and look at their energy management. It might be a good addition to help newbies learn where to set their ports and stuff. :P
                            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                            3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                              I think it would be nice to add some more variation to ?go base.

By having a bot which is able to host base games several ways; timed games, time race games, point race, and whatever else you can think of.

Then have the players pick which one they would want to play by voting the number in pub chat, like in the elim arena's right now.
                              Problem is that anything else except timerace is waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X