?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea to increase picking speed and lower chances ot afks ruining games:

when matchbot starts a new game, automaticlly move everyone in spec to the !notplaying freq. This way only people who want to play type !notplaying to undo it and people who are afk get filtered out automaiticly. Captains won't have to PM everyone to gaurantee they are there either.
    SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

anything that makes it look like elim sucks
      Originally posted by Diakka
      Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
        Which is one of many reasons ?go base sucks.
        ?go base is to TW what the Etch-A-Sketch is to art.

Biggest reasons ?go Base sucks

1.) Bad captains selected, leads to bad games
        2.) Stupid picks (Rewarding those people who always play spider 'behind' their team mates. A kind of 'modified camping' that isn't nearly as obvious. These are spiders who refuse to push and simply play for the record by continually hanging behind their team mates, letting them absorb the deaths. They get good records and then we treat them like they are skillful. Doh)
        3.) Stupid MVP calculations, it's supposed to be a team game. If we can't come up with a decent way to measure an MVP in a teamwork context, then get rid of it.
        4.) Stupid Bots who always die when I am having a good game (cause it doesn't happen that often.)

I think there should be a modified ?go Base for April's Fools day. This is where captains have to pick the opposing team. Every captain would then have to play with the team that the opposing captain has chosen for him. I presume that each captain would pick only the worst, or newest, players to play. (?go UnBase or Noob-A-Thon).

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
          anything that makes it look like elim sucks
          God forbid you basers get to vote on what kind of game you want *GASP*.

Don't be a moron. Elim is successful for a reason, and perhaps ?go base could use a little of the same flavor.
          3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
          3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
          MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
            The thing I'd add to ?go base would be that if we spec somebody, we'd see his/her energy/ports left/whatever again. At least I like watching spids play, and look at their energy management. It might be a good addition to help newbies learn where to set their ports and stuff. :P
            :up:

And changing the base map every now and then wouldn't hurt, there are plenty of good quality basing maps to choose from in TW.
            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I never get picked in base. kthx.

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                The thing I'd add to ?go base would be that if we spec somebody, we'd see his/her energy/ports left/whatever again. At least I like watching spids play, and look at their energy management. It might be a good addition to help newbies learn where to set their ports and stuff. :P
                I would like that in twl.
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Nonono not in TWL, then a team would have one guy speccing the other terrier and some people speccing the other sharks and you'd know exactly where the enemy portals are (if they have any) and when the enemy sharks are rep-less.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                    I think there should be a modified ?go Base for April's Fools day. This is where captains have to pick the opposing team. Every captain would then have to play with the team that the opposing captain has chosen for him. I presume that each captain would pick only the worst, or newest, players to play. (?go UnBase or Noob-A-Thon).
                    Seconded. That way, I would finally get a chance to play. :{
                    Zemyla>You know, quoting yourself in your sig is a sign of irredeemable narcissism.

GuruMeditation> You're on SS, you're an it.
                    GuruMeditation> Unless your ship grows boobs, in that case you're a freak.

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
                    Also u cud tlk about helping language skills.

Comment

i dont understand this.... first a change belim thread and now a change base thread. You complain about it, yet you still play it. Sumpsons idea is good except it will become like the elims and the same thing will be voted each time. Now ephe's idea would be funnier than hell to watch. Base is fine, if u dont like it then go to another zone....plus staff is too lazy to change it :turned:
                      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                      Originally posted by kthx
                      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa
                        ... staff is too lazy to change it
                        On the contrary. Staff is too quick to change things. It almost seems like they don't think them out, like they're just making changes as a knee-jerk reaction to silence people's whining.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I've never really tried ?go base that much. I only occasionally find cram practice sessions fun.

But I would give it more of a chance if something was done to streamline the team selection process. When I'm not sure I'm in the mood, I really don't like the 10 minute jackoff time between games- not even knowing if I'm going to play.

My suggestion: have the bot automatically setup the teams, then give the caps 5 minutes of taking turns to make subs or ship changes. Maybe the bot could automatically team squadmates or team according to usage/points/whatever.

Comment

change the map in ?go base every week

use all the different basing maps in tw, get people more accustomed to things aside from the pub map.
                            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                            Philos> there is something about you
                            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by CloudHelmut
                              I've never really tried ?go base that much. I only occasionally find cram practice sessions fun.

But I would give it more of a chance if something was done to streamline the team selection process. When I'm not sure I'm in the mood, I really don't like the 10 minute jackoff time between games- not even knowing if I'm going to play.

My suggestion: have the bot automatically setup the teams, then give the caps 5 minutes of taking turns to make subs or ship changes. Maybe the bot could automatically team squadmates or team according to usage/points/whatever.
                              There was this totally automated basing where the first person to pm the bot with desired ship number got put in it. It was far from successful.

Comment

Yeah. There were two reasons ?go basing didn't work.

One: RR always got to be terr
                                Two: They used prettybase

Comment

Working...
                                X