Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predicting that Subspace is going to die soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predicting that Subspace is going to die soon.

Hey! Im predicting that SS/TW is dying soon. Here's a document for you guys

As you can see above there's a screenshot. It shows number of players when I was online today. There used to be over 250 players online 6 months ago at the same time and in DSB there were 100 players online. Now 6 months later you can see the lack of players. There are still over 650 players on sunday when twl is running but after TWL it's going to be very boring 24/7 in SS + don't dorget the summer holidays! Im going to keep on eye my prediction.. Have fun! It's going to die no later than 2007!
    revolt> my girl
    Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
    Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
    Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
    Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
    1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

It will never die, it might get less populair tho.
    Only the loyal count.

Comment

Before I last quit I was also sure ss was dying but here it is, 2 years later. Either it is suffering a long death, or I was wrong. But now I believe ss will always have a fanbase, free games generally do.

Comment

I think the peak was just like four months ago
        YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
        Click here to receive your price!

Comment

winter, brings ppl in. summer, takes them out.
          Reinstate Sarien
          ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

A lot of the public population I think has shifted over to places like EG, DSB.. so I don't think the game is dying and TW isn't looking all that bad:

I think since the server move to the US there has been less european players joining, staying.. so I think your observations are an unfair assesment. I think the new pub time game may bring more people back and keep new players in this zone but we need to generally update and make that arena of this zone more appealing, even if some smaller groups in TW dislike change.

Comment

We can expect that there may be below 100 players in summer(Which I have never seen in tw before). Yes there is a fanbase but the fact that playing with less and less people will get these players to play different games is future. 2 years ago hmm when I had played for 1-2 years this game I can remember those 800 players online. 200 players in 1 event. Like world war. Now it can hardly pull 100 players. Well see, keep on arguing.
              revolt> my girl
              Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
              Metal Headz> ROFL

kess is homo

Comment

Kolar,
                Is that the objective, to increase the number of people playing TW?

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                  A lot of the public population I think has shifted over to places like EG, DSB..
                  Imo the players have shifted to TW/EG.. And others have quit due to lack of players in other zones. I may be wrong too.
                  revolt> my girl
                  Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                  Metal Headz> ROFL

kess is homo

Comment

Actually no, in the summer the population generally goes up. During peak time for Euro players, the population may be droping but I don't see it happening while i'm playing. There's almost always 550-650 people online. Our population may have ultimately peaked at around 800 but it has never stayed there, it was probably for TWL anways, which still brings 720-40 people. I haven't seen WW3 hosted a in a while so maybe Melo should consider bring it back permanently, I know a lot of people came out just to play that, not the shitty weekend events. Regular events still pull in normal numbers, base games are running normally and TWD is doing alright. I don't see the zone dying.

It's mainly public players who are dropping off into EG or into DSB, or in your case european players not staying with TW or with SS at all. We will always have enough people to run twl, twd ect.. and yes I can see some arenas around twd where we could use more squads but things like the flag timer were made to fix that. I don't know how to bring in more european players but the game and zone will live on regardless.

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                    Kolar,
                    Is that the objective, to increase the number of people playing TW?
                    More so to bring them into leagues, TWD but if it means a higher population then that's fine also.

Originally posted by Golden_Aim

Imo the players have shifted to TW/EG.. And others have quit due to lack of players in other zones. I may be wrong too.
                    People have been leaving TW for EG and DSB because of the better public system in these zones.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 04-06-2005, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe part of the problem is the way any new player trying to learn the game is ridiculed by just about everyone, be it ?pub9347 , ?go javs ?go elim/belim - depsite clocking up 36 hours to play here they are still ridiculed, or god forbid a person from pub trying to get picked in ?go base

person1> omg NEWBED
                      person1> wtf i'm not a NEWB you n00b
                      person1> LOL i've been playing this game for x-amount of time and have x amount of useage LOL so go fuck your self NEWBIE
                      person1> yeah well least i got a life

etc...
                      this type of conversation goes on way to much and isn't very appealing for any new player.
                      In my world,
                      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                        People have been leaving TW for EG and DSB because of the better public system in these zones.
                        Do you have any evidence? I agree on that they have better public systems but I still think that they won't leave for DSB since it's even more dead than TW
                        revolt> my girl
                        Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                        Metal Headz> ROFL

kess is homo

Comment

Go look at EG's weekly graph and check their population during EST peak times. People will go to whatever is more fun and TW's pubs have been failing to do that for a lot of players. The game is not dying and the higher competitive arenas of the zone will not be effected if ever there was a massive drop in population.
                          Last edited by Kolar; 04-06-2005, 09:17 AM.

Comment

We are in a bit of a slump, but it'll come back up during off-season I bet.

Comment

Well that all depends on the time you logged on. Most of us were at work/school today.

Comment

Working...
                              X