Lancasters (Flag Ship of Fleet) have X-Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoor
    You don't see many weasels around because of the current settings, so it has little to no difference if you give any ship x-radar now.
    Have u been in (time) pub in last few days???

Message to all ppl who visit pub once in a week for an hour. You are the pub minority so stop acting like u are majority. And i bet most of u havent even noticed that lanc has got x-radar - u only read it here so please dont spam forums with "we wanna good old TW", "lets stagnate" etc..
    Problem is that average pubber isnt visiting forum. And the best way how to find a good pro-basing pub settings is to experiment
    Keep doing good job, staff!!
    Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

ok so now lanc has X. what happens next? remove it from jav completely, give it permanently to shark and sparingly to spider aswell, a little wb xradar on the side, and then take it completely away from terriers and give the levi cloak, while amping weasel energy up to 3000, decreasing terrier energy to 500, increasing repel capacity of shark to 12, giving it 3 bricks, rockets and portals, spiders getting multifire firing in all directions, incrase fire rate and decrease energy to fire for spider, make super and sheilds greenable and shrink terrier down to smallest possible size.
      While this is happening, provide warbirds with thors, javs with repels and jav rocket so fast and laggy it goes through walls. Give lancasters yellow bombs, with prox buyable for 500 points. Increase the number of flags from 1 to 20, make them movable, remodel the entire map until it closely resembles ?go twisted with a base thrown in, give all ships bouncing bullets and enable a bot that automatically *ufo *super any smod that enters the arena.

EDIT: What volny said. But I don't see what exactly this lanc with xradar changes: not much, I can see. I'll regard it as an unsuccessful experiment because it didn't actually change very much. It made weasels slightly easier to kill. It surprised a few weasels. But its not like they were using stealth and cloak at the same time anyway, so a lanc without Xradar can and does fare pretty much equal to one with. You just need to be obsevant. those who were specifically watching for weasels are usually observant and Xradar is just another bonus to them which they don't really need, as you can't have it on all the time anyway. You can sit in pub holding down end but you can't fight at the same time as scanning for X's, (well maybe you could, but very difficult to do so successfully)
      Last edited by Theif of Time; 04-12-2005, 06:59 AM.

Originally posted by Disliked
      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

When they make TW shipsetting changes, they should atleast have a NOTICE on the webpage or when you log into tw.

Its sort of sad to find out ship setting changes in a forum post.

I suggested a long time ago, have a little link on TW main webpage giving a full listing of ship capabilities; which would be good for new players and for being informed of any recent changes.

Does anyone know if the spider has xradar well now? "I suck at spider" was telling me he got it once with the spider.

Oh well what next are they going to do to make it even tougher for the weasel. Yep, the lancaster is now probably the worse enemy for the weasel.

Comment

give the jav his x rader back.......
          Originally posted by Kolar
          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Seems like i've been too lazy to read the whole post again, but that doesnt mean i like these posts, oh no i still hate these. KEEP EM AWAY FROM ME
            -Kawrae

Comment

I'm not much of a lanc player and I really only tried these settings for a few minutes but I'll open my big fat mouth anyway.

I think it's a bad change for a couple reasons. The nrg drain on the xradar is to slow. You can get off two shots with it on, no fair imo on the weasels.

Also the lanc was a ship that had a good defence against weasels already- big wide multifire. Making good guesses and the weasels current high cost cloak made it a pretty fair fight already.

Not to sound like a broken record but: the Lev is the ship that should also get the xradar. It's too slow to rely on other peoples' warnings of cloakers. Maybe if the lev had xradar, lancs might protect it and rely on the lev for their cloaker warnings. Heh, dreaming i suppose.

Comment

i haven't been on for a bit, but

GIVE BACK XRADAR TO THE JAVS!!!!

that is all.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

They have xradar. You just have to pick up some of those green things you might have seen lying around. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
                    now only lev need fixing.
                    It needs 1550 energy

Comment

Weasel should be able to cloak and stealth without energy being drained if lancaster gets x-radar...
                      Mmmmrrrrrow meow meeeeowww mew meow. ~swishes tails~ =^.^=

Comment

Yeah, I agree the levi needs xradar as well.

Ok, I have been playing weasel for a while now and from my experience this lancaster xradar will really make little difference at all.

Weasel can't really use fully cloak now on attacks, but I use it for defense or to get away from attackers. Like if non-xradar ships chase me.. i just cloak/stealth, and they usually just give up the pursuit and bugger off.

It is good that the lancaster has to get an xradar green instead of having it at default.

I'm not going to whine about these changes, I trust the staff will make fair changes in the future to make the game more fun for all. It is encouraging to see they are trying to improve pub basing experience by not just changing ship settings, but with the recent addition of roboboy/girl.

I think theif of time was talking in his long replies about the frequency of shipset changes.... I think most of us just want ship setting stability, less frequency of changes.

Comment

It needs 1550 energy
                          Sorry you must mean shark. Shark is the tanking ship, if anything deserves to be able to take a pounding its the shark.

BTW, can someone please tell me the amounts of damage each level of bullet deals? thanks.

I wasn't so much complaining about the frequency of changes, more that they seemed unthought out and flash decisions. But yes, the frequency is a little annoying because there is no way (aside from experimenting) to tell what has been changed.
                          For all we know, javelin thrust may have been increased a fraction and no-one has found out, simply because its near impossible to tell and no-one goes around measuring their thrust constantly.

Originally posted by Disliked
                          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Regarding changes, I'll repost what I said about it in the "Quit Jerking the Settings" thread from a little while back:
                            For stuff like this I'm pretty "roll with the punches" type guy but I understand where a lot of you are coming from. It's annoying to constantly get used to new settings, especially when you got along just fine with the old ones. The staff really should be careful about the number of times they make changes, both to satisfy old timers and let newbs know this isn't an unstable zone. If they want another suggestion I would say : think out a package of changes (after doing all the watching I earlier recommended), implement them all at once, spend a short time refining them. Regimented like rolling out new software- Trench Wars 2.0(now with new bots). Obviously the basic style of the zone is popular, so don't mess too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                              Sorry you must mean shark. Shark is the tanking ship, if anything deserves to be able to take a pounding its the shark.

Agree - shark should be able to withstand one bullet more - its not much matter in ?go base (rep rep rep die), but in pub where lifespan of shark is a bit bigger it may be helpfull to have some more time to lay mine etc
                              Last edited by Volny; 04-13-2005, 05:35 AM.
                              Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time

BTW, can someone please tell me the amounts of damage each level of bullet deals? thanks.

I wasn't so much complaining about the frequency of changes, more that they seemed unthought out and flash decisions. But yes, the frequency is a little annoying because there is no way (aside from experimenting) to tell what has been changed.
                                For all we know, javelin thrust may have been increased a fraction and no-one has found out, simply because its near impossible to tell and no-one goes around measuring their thrust constantly.
                                oh i think he was sarcastic that it needs 1550 nrg to shoot the bomb :P well that would be good fix
                                www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Working...
                                X