designing subarenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• designing subarenas

If I were to design a subarena for TW, would I get any kind of ref powers in that arena or would I have no control over it whatsoever (assuming the arena was actually accepted by tw dev.)?

Thanks for your feedback.

Usually if you submit an arena to TW, you pretty much relinquish any ownership to the map. I mean, you can have your name on it and all that, but very rarely if ever do we grant player ownership to an arena. For security reasons, we can't give out arena powers to non staff, because in doing so the person has Moderator level powers in that arena, which are not limitted to being able to *kill a person.
    sdg

Comment

Stab's right... but you can do whatever you want in a private zone. :P

OR, if you join TWDev, you can gradually have more and more powers in the SSI TWDev Testing zone. Which is pretty cool ^^
      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Well if a squad has their own private arena map, couldn't say Capt or Assists be able to do a *scorerest?

I guess in SS you can't grant access to a few harmless commands to arena owners.

Would be nice though, if we have a squad practice and want to reset scores. Or I think if everyone leaves, it then resets scores.

Comment

Just do a ?help call
          SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
          SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
          Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
          Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
          1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
          1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Barton I think if they did ?help command for scorereset for the 10th time when they're dueling each others, staff would start to get bored.

Also, afaik, if you give access to *scorereset, you at the same time give access to other mod commands, so they could for example *kill people. So the only way to do this would be... a bot! Bot that comes to the arena when asked, scoreresets and disappears again would do it.

I don't really see why would people would need it. Well if they really want to, when they set up their own squad arena they could ask staff to tweak the settings a bit. I think there's a setting that makes scores reset on freq change.

Comment

If you were given powers in one arena. You would be able to:

See ?help calls
              See ?cheater calls
              Join staff chat
              *kill (disconnect and ban) people
              *shutup (silence) people
              *warn people
              Lock people in spec
              Use sounds in any arena
              Bypass arena limits in any arena

I think these are good enough reasons why you wouldn't get power in a private arena.
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Lol in ?go Militiars i typed in ?owner and it said Owner: ZingyZ i thought that wasnt allowed eh? should be removed..
                TWLD Champion 2014
                TWDTB Champion 2013
                TWDTB Champion 2016
                TWDTB Champion 2017
                TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim
                  Lol in ?go Militiars i typed in ?owner and it said Owner: ZingyZ i thought that wasnt allowed eh? should be removed..

msg 2d in game
                  SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                  SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                  Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                  Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                  1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                  1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

isn't there a TWBot that a staff member could put into an arena which does automated duels?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
                      Barton I think if they did ?help command for scorereset for the 10th time when they're dueling each others, staff would start to get bored.
                      You are allowed one scorereset everyday in pub, so i'm sure they'll do a scorereset for the players
                      My Music Playlist

Comment

The map's ?owner actually means nothing. It's just a text field in the arena settings and is only there for looking up ?owner. You could change it to say "A bologna sandwich" and its basically the same effect.

Also, if people would just learn to add and subtract it wouldn't be an issue
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

i think for it to truly be the persons arena u have to put their UserID: in the USERID section of the .CFG well atleast thats what i thought, but sysops can see them by just pressing esc c >.<
                          Big Chill

Comment

That is correct.
                            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

yea thought so, atleast thats what it was when i had my zone but all i used was esc c
                              Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                              X