Dodgeball/Hockey/Boomball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgeball/Hockey/Boomball...

Well, sitting in an empty boomball arena (my personal favorite TWGame) at around 2:30 am, one of those stupid, goofy ass ideas struck me. Why dont we have a Boomball league? or Hockey League ? They bring in Huge ammounts of people on the rare occasion they are hosted, and having squad competitions in it would kick total arse i know no one will pay attention to this , i just needed to rant
    -Marius
    Robo Ref> Hey de 1 lets get it on in the back of #sex, unf unf unf

MariusTheRed> im jealous :(

MariusTheRed> robo ref has always got me going...

Hockey: a little tourney was tried about 6 months ago... maybe longer and was led by GK and Anzu... TWHT it was called. Never really finished tho. For a real hockey league to to HZ instead of TW.

Boomball: first I've heard of a league for it... run with it you might get some heads turning.

Speedball: talk to wadi about this.
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Speedball makes us happy. There was a sbl a few monthes back, but we had to hold it in PB because dock> wants no part of sb.

Comment

There is a hockey league, in SSCE Hockey Zone.
        I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Veranthi said it pretty well. The problem with speedball is:

1. Very few staffers like/remember playing it.
          2. Mr Mike no longer plays SS (well, often)
          3. Dock> (apparently) doesn't want anything to do with it.

I am of the opinion that if Speedball were made available under the TWD/matchbot structure, and a public speedball arena was erected, it would see pretty steady popularity. Matchbot makes it easy to schedule matches, and very low impact on the staff. It's too bad too, most of the people who played it (about a year ago) remember it being a lot of fun.

Here's hoping jiu jitsu can convince dock> to give it another shot

Comment

crosses fingers
            some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
            1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
            1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

I played for Bitmap in the last run of speedball and it was hella fun.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Bitmap pride, eek ook.

Comment

Comment

I remembered to show up for one game for Bitmap. We won though.

Comment

'They should make this into a league!'

It would be nice to have leagues for lotsa fun arenas. The reality is, there are never enough people willing to turn up for a whole season, however committed they may seem.

Always worth a shot though.

Comment

It would be nice just to see the speedball arena back. Isn't it just absurd that a popular arena with its own community has been deleted?

I'm not bothered about the reasons, good or bad - it is just sad.

Comment

Journey owns all other ball arenas.

Seriously what do you guys need for league? Only thing I think you're really lacking is official reffing, and do you really need that?

And did speedball get taken away totally?
                          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Yep. Allll gone.

Comment

Journey is really fun. A league in that would be totally righteous, Bill and Ted style.
                              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Working...
                              X