Any squads use Teamspeak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any squads use Teamspeak?

I was curious, do any squads use the chat program, teamspeak?

For those of you who don't know, I'll drop the address for Trench Wars' teamspeak server: http://talk.trenchwars.org/

inigmatus, there are a few squads with channels on the server, but I am not sure how often they use them. Sorry for the non-answer.
    People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Originally posted by Kyace
      For those of you who don't know, I'll drop the address for Trench Wars' teamspeak server: http://talk.trenchwars.org/

inigmatus, there are a few squads with channels on the server, but I am not sure how often they use them. Sorry for the non-answer.
      hey thanks. i'll check it out. i've been thinking about forming a teamspeak-only squad.

Comment

Paladen used to use it a bunch when KJW was active. We have our own server and everything. Now the only people with microphones are Jebass and me.
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

ventrillo > teamspeak
          While I'm sippin herbal teas verbal bees plant fertile seeds
          Bitches leave with broke backs, swollen palms and purple knees

Comment

Vent takes much more on the connection, thats why they use it. Some people still have 56k Modems. Its not as clear sound as in Vent, but it works.

Comment

Panda, I have a mic, and I'm on pala... As for other squads, TeKs uses Ventrilo. I had a lot of fun chatting with those guys when I was on it. Dads is a h0ot!
              -Bubbles
              Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
              Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles19518
                Panda, I have a mic, and I'm on pala... As for other squads, TeKs uses Ventrilo. I had a lot of fun chatting with those guys when I was on it. Dads is a h0ot!

Well i'd certainly love to join a squad that is totally a team of dedicated voice chatters. Teamspeak works best for me, and I have have had experience with it and have seen it used in a game called Planetside in coordinating a teams of 100+ people with connections ranging from 56k to 8mb cable. I think any squad that utilizes voice chat as a discipline in trenchwars could have a major leg up compared to other teams that wouldn't employ it.

Anyone else interested?

Comment

Planetside was shit compared to Infantry! Thats the only reason I started playing SS, cause Sony went Pay 2 Play and http://nmebase.com was affiliates with http://subspacehq.com
                  -Bubbles
                  Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                  Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles19518
                    Planetside was shit compared to Infantry! Thats the only reason I started playing SS, cause Sony went Pay 2 Play and http://nmebase.com was affiliates with http://subspacehq.com
                    Same here bro. P2P was the death of Infantry and sad thing too... there was a great community of people. It is still alive, mind you, but they get no where near the numbers that we used to get.

Teamspeak worked awesome in Infantry, I'm not sure how well it would work in Subspace though. Maybe just for friendly talks, but I definitely couldn't stand it when people are playing TWD matches. It is already annoying when people bitch constantly about this guy lagging or cheating or whatever... I couldn't imagine how bad it would be when they're screaming with their high pitched pre-pubescent voices.

Comment

I cant IMAGINE having a server for QS on teamspeak or vent. It would just be a collection of whines about people eating and coords that dont mean shit.
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

STONERZ uses it. 5 of us do at least, mainly caps and assists
                        Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                        1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                        Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                        caco <ER>> )Oo
                        caco <ER>> bot thief!
                        caco <ER>> duel me for it
                        Evasive <E> no!
                        Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

BasingCrew used teamspeak last twl, i known that i was on it as was sumpson and jebu and a few others who i cant remember, herik was another. We used it effectively and i was able to warn of bursts shots coming from trick places early to jebu and he was able to move. However jebu said it caused him to much lag, so he stopped using it. Some of us continued to use it however it just died out. Ventrillo is a very useful program and im sure squads will use it in the future.
                          Makelele> whos camping
                          Sumpson> mitch
                          KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                          Lemar> mitch
                          Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Good discipline on a teamspeak server, and effective use of "tac chat" rules and enforcement usually ween out stubborn pre-pubescents, or make them grow up.

I was thinking of making a squad requirement of the following:

- Two team events a month required.
                            - High speed internet connection
                            - Teamspeak and microphone
                            - Mature enough to handle orders in teamspeak and keep non tactical communication to the text chat channel.

Do you think this would get any takers?

Comment

Well ice had ventrilo, but we never used it for games, we kinda just had rap battles againt the 40 year old necrmotic =p That dude is not much of a talker but he never shuts up on the mic
                              Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Working...
                              X