basing tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basing tournament?

for a while now ive been wanting to try to throw together some sort of basing tournament that could be played over the weekend or maybe even in a day. with mythrandirs private basing bots, i think that this could be pulled off by 2 hosts. i was thinking of 8 teams playing matches of half an hour each... 1 match per round. i think that if done this way, a whole tournament could be played in 2 - 2.5 hours by using all 4 twlb arenas. if this this actually works i was thinking that perhaps it could be done once a month or so... what do you guys think?

How many squads can get atleast 8 people to be online for a day...if it would only be 2-2.5 hours ok...but I doubt you'd find 8 squads to do so...the idea on itself is good btw.

Ri
    (Squitch)> Is Ri a bot???

Comment

yeah i kinda thought about that... each squad can allow 1 or 2 non squaddies to sub in? i dunno :P

Comment

or u pick 8 caps and let them draft their own teams. no squad-ties.
        http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

I'm with wipples.

Comment

Originally posted by warportal
            or u pick 8 caps and let them draft their own teams. no squad-ties.
            This way you'll end up with Disoblige/Pallies/Whiterabbits vs Brushfire/Elite^Wingz/Supremacy.
            It's not whether you win or lose.
            It's how you place the blame.

Comment

Drafting works a bit different you know...
              Draft league should have been done before...too bad it was being done over summer, so people were inactive...
              I had a l33t team too

Ri
              (Squitch)> Is Ri a bot???

Comment

it would be like a lot of #mythrandir games going on at the same time. and the winning teams move on. i think the idea sounds pretty good, but if you're willing to organize it, i'm all for it. lemme know what gets decided.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Draft tourney sounds interesting, but it would've been hard to do over the summer, only recently has the basing population grown large enough to accomodate one. That aside, I don't think you'll be able to find a time when you can get 64+ basers on for an overlapping 2.5 hours. Maybe shoot for 4 teams?

Comment

I base for sex
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

i think we can get 8 teams cause it would be:
                      64 people for probably 45 minutes to an hour
                      then just 32 people for about an hour and a half or so cause 4 of the teams would get knocked out.

whatever though... you guys figure out a system and ill try to implement it :P

Comment

first, a time frame to do this would be good. when is the TW population at peak number? saturday afternoon? how bout we shoot for the fourth Saturday in January to do it (25th) and have it start at... 1pm Eastern time? Then the team picks can be done in... half an hour you think? the actual tourny can start at 2pm est.(to allow a little flex time), and the first round should be over in like half an hour. then 32 will be eliminated, and 32 will move on. the second round can go from 3:45 - 4:15. then, 16 will be eliminated and 16 will move on for the championship. the championship would be from 4:30-5:00. we would need two hosts at least to help run it, like you said. would that plan work?

Comment

i was thinking that it would go
                          64 start
                          32 move on
                          then for the final round the two winners of round 2 play and the two losers of round 2 play so we can get a first second and third place. jan whatever sounds plausable...

how would the captains be picked btw?

Comment

Before you guys implement a draft system, see how many squads are interested.

Jan 25th, a Saturday, from 1pm est to possible 5:30 pm est. If your squad thinks they can field 8, post here.

I'm sure WR can pull it off, we're in.
                            1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                            1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                            1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                            1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

could have "the first 8 ppl to msg me are the captains" or something. has to be fair, otherwise someone's going to complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X